FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Got free luxury suite tickets to see ELO at MSG tonight.

Gonna grab pizza somewhere beforehand. Thinking Mama’s Too or Lucia?
Decided on Mama’s Too
IMG_2454.jpeg

Got a regular, cacio e pepe, and a poached pear/gorgonzola slice. Thought the plain slice was good, not great. Cacio e pepe tasted good but was extremely heavy and damn sure didn’t need that drizzle of olive oil. Poached pear was different than what I expected. I was hoping for more gorgonzola and acidity but the flavors were a lot more rounded out. Dough on the square was pretty good, but nothing that makes me want to rush back here for pizza.

Also been seeing their sandwiches all over social media so I figured I had to try one. Got da vodka chicken sandwich:
IMG_2455.jpeg

People hype this sandwich up like it’s the best thing ever but honestly I thought it was just OKAY. It’s a sloppy boy, but it really has to be because the bread is so crispy on the outside—arguably too crispy. Like an end piece would cut up the roof of your mouth if you ate it plain. The vodka sauce is good and the burrata helped cool the sandwich down a bit, but the pesto was almost too intense for me. I didn’t hate it, but this thing isn’t cracking the top 25 best sandwiches I’ve ever had.

been hearing that a lot about mamas too... whenever I check them out I'll try anything but the sandwich lol

Last edited:
The cheesesteak is supposed to be good there too, with some going as far as to say it stands up against Angelo’s.

I really liked Angelo’s when I had it because the bread is crispier than a traditional cheesesteak. The bread becomes perfect after it steams in the wrapper for a minute. Mama’s Too takes that crisp too far TO ME.

If I had the chance to do yesterday over I would’ve probably gone to Lucia for slices or walked a little further downtown to Hamburger America.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce getback getback

Is there any new/good places around Fenway worth checking out? Going to concert tonight and haven’t been in like 5 years.

theres a Time Out market few blocks away that is prob good for quick bite and drinks before the concert. the better food is definitely a bit deeper into downtown and the north end i'd say though

getback getback has prob been around fenway more recently than i have. i haven't been to a game in over 3 years there outside of a hockey game where we just hit a bar pre game

theres a Time Out market few blocks away that is prob good for quick bite and drinks before the concert. the better food is definitely a bit deeper into downtown and the north end i'd say though
Yeah I haven’t really spent a ton of time in that area. Generally always in/around the north end any time I’m in town.

Was planning on checking out this place Eventide.

Yeah I haven’t really spent a ton of time in that area. Generally always in/around the north end any time I’m in town.

Was planning on checking out this place Eventide.

oh i didnt even know they opened a place in boston. been to the one in maine and it was good from what i remember

Back
Top Bottom