FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never making dumpling wrappers from scratch again. Halfway through majority of the individual pieces of dough stuck together. I turned them into empanadas.

IMG_7812.jpeg
IMG_7813.jpeg
IMG_7814.jpeg
IMG_7815.jpeg
IMG_7816.jpeg
IMG_7817.jpeg
IMG_7818.jpeg
IMG_7820.jpeg
IMG_7823.jpeg
IMG_7822.jpeg

Yeah I Didn’t Wait Either.

I Can Drive To Philly For All That. :lol:
Wife gets her nails done next door to it and was there at some random time so didn’t have to wait that long.

I actually drove past earlier today on way to an appointment and line was looking wild.

If I’m waiting in a real line it’s probably for Angelo’s and that’s it.

I have not. Wife doesn’t really mess with Indian food, which sucks because it’s like the only thing she’s picky about.

I’ll get there at some point. Have some tried and true spots that I go to otherwise tho- Ananda and Royal Taj.

What is her hang up with INdian Food?

I mean does she like STEWS in general?

The most popular dishes can mostly be just sauce (stewed) meats.

Part 2
IMG_2677.jpeg
IMG_2678.jpeg
IMG_2679.jpeg
IMG_2680.jpeg
IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2682.jpeg

Overall it was pretty good, but a few things rubbed me the wrong way. Crudo, salad, and dessert courses were shared plates but our seats were big and clunky and since we were side-sitting at the counter it felt like we had to reach too far in order to get to them. Would’ve been a lot better if they just halved the portions and gave us our own plates right in front of us. Also thought the scallop and lamb courses weren’t hot enough. Felt like they were just above lukewarm. This was easily the fastest service we’ve had for a tasting menu and neither one of us felt satiated upon leaving. Whole thing took an hour and a half, whereas most other tasting menus at this price point are generally 2.5-3 hours and fill you up pretty well. Any other time I’d feel like we got ripped off, but we’ve been eating crazy all week so we’re kind of over it at this point. Probably factored into my perception of the meal.
"Excuse me, Kim Cattrall, could you lean way over and please pass the plank of tree bark with the snot-looking thing? Oh, thanks, Kim Cattrall. Oh, one last thing; can I get that pepper, Kim Cattrall?"

3 hours and $270 with tip later;

"No, I won't be using the app. So, yeah, I need the number four Big Mac meal. Also, I need a number eight, promotional Chicken Big Mac meal. And can you add an apple pie to that one?"

j/k. I venture out, and I like my fine dining, but this one was ambitious. Dropped $300 in Miami one time, but I made sure a big old Tomahawk was involved in the mix.

Freezer burritos for days we don’t feel like cooking.

Beans
Rice
Cheese
Chicken

IMG_7846.jpeg
IMG_7848.jpeg

Crazy how I use to open these up with my teeth, those days are long gone now.

IMG_7839.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom