FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lee's Pint & Shell- Baltimore

The Boathouse- Baltimore

Mama's On The Half Shell- Baltimore

Nick's Fish House- Baltimore

Bourbon St- Columbia Mall

^^^Everybody be rockin with the boat house now it seems like :lol: ...seems like a cool spot tho, gotta try it

Prince Street Pizza :smokin

I've heard nothing but great things about this place

Hate that I am all the way across the country for this :lol:, used to be in NYC multiple times a year and made sure to get Burger Joint (at Parker Meridien hotel) at the very least once per trip, usually 2+ :lol: . Anyone else been there? am I trippin or are those burgers straight crack? Kinda pricey but I've never regretted it

Definitely hitting Prince St Pizza next time I am out there

Prince Street pizza is great. I want to try a few more pizza spots I haven't been to this summer.

Still haven't tried Lombardi's or Totonno's.

Out in Queens, Louie's Pizza in Jackson Heights is fantastic. 
pimp.gif

Noticed that too about 53rd and 6th. They give less rice now. Meh.

I'm not concerned about that orange rice but last time it seemed my plate was lacking lamb and chicken. Raising prices and giving less food is when I stop supporting a place.

Since I talked about them I had to go get them. Glory Days wings were delicious. (Cooked in glory Days sauce)

I've heard nothing but great things about this place

Hate that I am all the way across the country for this :lol:, used to be in NYC multiple times a year and made sure to get Burger Joint (at Parker Meridien hotel) at the very least once per trip, usually 2+ :lol: . Anyone else been there? am I trippin or are those burgers straight crack? Kinda pricey but I've never regretted it

Definitely hitting Prince St Pizza next time I am out there

Prince st is a definite. Haven't had burger joint but I'll give it a shot.

Prince Street pizza is great. I want to try a few more pizza spots I haven't been to this summer.

Still haven't tried Lombardi's or Totonno's.

Out in Queens, Louie's Pizza in Jackson Heights is fantastic. :pimp:  

Thanks gotta check them out. Not very many good pizza spots over here

Can't you say that about any wing spot? Most wing spots, IMO, don't focus much on seasoning the actual chicken since the focus is on the different sauces.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure there's gotta be some local place in NY where that isn't the case. At the very least, I'll cook it myself.

Headed out to Boston on Monday any recommendations?
Depends on what you're looking for.  If you're looking to eat some bomb yet unhealthy food then I know a few places.

~ Chicken Lou's is a hole in the wall sandwich shop at NorthEastern University and their claim to fame is the Chicken TKO Heavyweight. NBA''s own JJB used to eat here practically every day.

~ Brookline Spa is great for sandwiches (The Texan - chicken cutlet, bacon, lettuce, tomato, bbq, 3-pepper colby) and their pizza is delicioso.

~ El Jefe's Taqueria over in Cambridge will have you covered for Mexican and It's nice wandering around Harvard's campus after you chow down.  There's a great cigar shop a few blocks down if you're feeling so inclined, and a fantastic old school movie theatre around the corner.

*  If you're in Boston you must jump over to Cambridge once dusk starts to roll in.  It's wicked close and a great place to unwind.

~ Regina Pizzeria in the North End is staple of the dopest pizza Boston has to offer and it's a historic spot where many a mafioso used to dine. 

~ The Daily Catch will have you covered for less expensive although equally excellent Italian & seafood (calamari meatballs).  Get the black pasta

~ Mike's Pastries in the North End is a landmark and a must for dessert and coffee.  You can't go wrong with any of their sweets.

Basically if you're hankering for homemade Italian cuisine it's wise to pop in just about anywhere in the North End.

Last edited:
any places worth checking out in calgary and toronto?

stuff that i made at home:

pandesal, fresh out the oven 

green curry

senorita bread, before it went into the oven. it didn't come out as aesthetically pleasing as i hoped (hellla underestimated how much homemade dough rises
laugh.gif
), but it was still delicious.

macarons with ube buttercream filling

chocolate cake for my boyfriend's brother's graduation

goodies from food spots:

soy garlic wings from bonchon in daly city

silvanas from house of silvanas in daly city

ayce kbbq from gen in san jose. on the grill: spicy chicken, bulgogi, pork cheek

soft-serve ice cream from milkcow in newark

filipino food from isla in newark

Last edited:
^^^Everybody be rockin with the boat house now it seems like :lol: ...seems like a cool spot tho, gotta try it
I live right down the street. Might even head that way shortly for some drinks outside :lol:
One of my outta town chicks was in the city this weekend and wanted to try Boathouse, but the spot too hot right now and wasn't trying get caught up...took her to the new Nacho Mamas out Towson instead, nice and quiet smashing some fish tacos n margaritas :lol:

Toronto has great food I dont know what that person is talking about :lol:

Bar Isabel, Dailo, rasta pasta, caplanskys, stockyards, parts & labour all fire

Back
Top Bottom