FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

A few more from my phone

Best fried fish and maybe dish I've ever had. This was in Boca Marina in Boca Chica,DR

The lasagnaa my sis made was half chicken with anise seed and half beef. The ribs were by moms she gets the meatiest ribs known to man and it's incredible.
you Dominican? are you there on vacation or do you live there? I haven't been back to the motherland in years :smh: :frown:

I used to work with a Dominican dude. We were as tight as co-workers could be. His pops used to make some sancocho... Used to go to his house fairly often. Mmmmmm.... Sadly, he & his family moved down south. I haven't had any in a looong time.

Damn, now I fiend'n for some now... :\

Last edited:
Awww damn... That looks good as **** too damn... Why you have to go & do that... The dad thing is I could follow a recipe but it ain't gonna taste the same because that's something you just have to have experience in making for it to really taste good...

Last edited:
Awww damn... That looks good as **** too damn... Why you have to go & do that... The dad thing is I could follow a recipe but it ain't gonna taste the same because that's something you just have to have experience in making for it to really taste good...

100% correct to make good sancocho might be the most difficult meal in the dominican culture. It's something g that takes so much time and tasting that it doesn't seem worth it. Secret ingredient is sour oranges. But damn if it isn't good.

Has anyone tried Subway's Fritos Chicken Enchilada Melt? (Yeah, I thought the same thing too)

subway-new-fritos-chicken-enchilada-melt.jpg%3Fw%3D610%26h%3D225

tl-horizontal_main

Last edited:
Forgot to take a pic of what I was eating(my phone is currently broken) :smh:

Had some penne with marinara and some teriyaki grilled chicken breast on the side.

you Dominican? are you there on vacation or do you live there? I haven't been back to the motherland in years :smh: :frown:

I'm dominican born and raised in Nyc. I visit DR about twice a year for while now. You gotta go back homie the **** be calling.
I was born in DR and migrated to Miami when I was 7. I haven't gone back for reasons I can't say on here. Oh and trust me I know them cueros be calling :lol:
I love our cuisine, mom makes sancocho when it rains a lot here.

:lol: My momdukes got the same pot :nerd:

That soup/stew looks boom also bro :smokin

Every Hispanic family got one of those :lol: :smokin
yup we all do :lol:

we had one similar that we threw out like 2 months ago after 10+ years of service

Forgot to take a pic of what I was eating(my phone is currently broken)
mean.gif

Had some penne with marinara and some teriyaki grilled chicken breast on the side.
I was born in DR and migrated to Miami when I was 7. I haven't gone back for reasons I can't say on here. Oh and trust me I know them cueros be calling
laugh.gif

I love our cuisine, mom makes sancocho when it rains a lot here.
yup we all do
laugh.gif

we had one similar that we threw out like 2 months ago after 10+ years of service
I must be the only one that doesnt like Sancocho

Back
Top Bottom