FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just discovered this thread. Single greatest thing I have ever come across. I will be contributing when I can. Awesome work!!

In & Out

Broken rice with short ribs and fried shrimp cake(com tam suon bo dai Han tau Hu ky for my vietnamese folks)
From Com Tam Thuan Khieu in Garden Grove, CA

What else besides shrimp is inside the friend shrimp cake?

Last edited:
My wife didn't want to go out to eat for Valentine's partly because we got a ton of snow around these parts so she asked if I would make my pot roast... I had peas & mash while my wife had green beans & mash. Our son had rice & green beans... Hungry man portions, I didn't have lunch...

Chef Champ got salmon, potatoes, and chicken on the way for NT. Lining my stomach before the alcohol charged debauchery in Hoboken.

When we make salmon, we do it with a honey/rosemary glaze. Turns out really nice... We have wild rice with fresh green beans. I have to do a separate batch of green beans because I slice up some garlic like Paulie does in Goodfellas & cook it into my green beans (or peas) with margarine & some salt & pepper. The other side we sometimes have is asparagus.

Last edited:
My wife didn't want to go out to eat for Valentine's partly because we got a ton of snow around these parts so she asked if I would make my pot roast... I had peas & mash while my wife had green beans & mash. Our son had rice & green beans... Hungry man portions, I didn't have lunch...

That looks :pimp: what's your recipe my man? Been looking for a good pot roast recipe from someone who's used to making it

Last edited:

That looks
pimp.gif
what's your recipe my man? Been looking for a good pot roast recipe from someone who's used to making it
THIS and REP'd

I'm a sucka for pot roast. Pass da recipez, famb.  
devil.gif

nthat.gif

My wife didn't want to go out to eat for Valentine's partly because we got a ton of snow around these parts so she asked if I would make my pot roast... I had peas width: 500px; height: 409px">
[/URL]
That looks :pimp: what's your recipe my man? Been looking for a good pot roast recipe from someone who's used to making it

THIS and REP'd

I'm a sucka for pot roast. Pass da recipez, famb. :evil:  :nthat:  

I actually do it a variety of different ways but I always use a ribeye roast. I think it's the most flavorful piece of meat to use & my secret is to roast with the fat side up. It helps to self baste the roast. Normally roast at 350 & about 18-20 mins per pound.

Sometimes I start off using a roasting bag that you can buy at the store which also provides a seasoning packet. This method allows you to cut up carrots, potatoes, & onion. But for the last 45 mins or so I actually remove the bag & continue to roast because it browns the outside nicely.

In the one pic I posted, I actually used Cambell's new crock pot bags & just added a ribeye roast. The meat just fell apart & came out perfect. You can also use the sauce as gravy. I then pealed some yukon gold potatoes, mashed 'em up with some milk, cream, margarine, salt, pepper, & a lil sugar.

I wished I remembered to cook some carrots with the meal though...

Last edited:

My wife didn't want to go out to eat for Valentine's partly because we got a ton of snow around these parts so she asked if I would make my pot roast... I had peas width: 500px; height: 409px">
[/URL]

THIS and REP'd

I'm a sucka for pot roast. Pass da recipez, famb. :evil:  :nthat:  

I actually do it a variety of different ways but I always use a ribeye roast. I think it's the most flavorful piece of meat to use & my secret is to roast with the fat side up. It helps to self baste the roast. Normally roast at 350 & about 18-20 mins per pound.

Sometimes I start off using a roasting bag that you can buy at the store which also provides a seasoning packet. This method allows you to cut up carrots, potatoes, & onion. But for the last 45 mins or so I actually remove the bag & continue to roast because it browns the outside nicely.

In the one pic I posted, I actually used Cambell's new crock pot bags & just added a ribeye roast. The meat just fell apart & came out perfect. You can also use the sauce as gravy. I then pealed some yukon gold potatoes, mashed 'em up with some milk, cream, margarine, salt, pepper, & a lil sugar.

I wished I remembered to cook some carrots with the meal though...
Goddamn that sounds good.. def gonna try it out this week. Good lookin psk

Back
Top Bottom