FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

*for $8 a bottle, you can buy some gentrified mAmbo ( :lol: ) sauce at the grocery store.

Don't do it.

*Also, off subject, I like the food variety in Baltimore MUCH better than DC. DC is no slouch, but I got no issues driving up to B-More if I got a taste for something.

Not gentrified at all.

It is made by a BLACK family that is born and raised in Oxon Hill.

Grilled Citrus Chicken from Porto's
IMG_20180715_171926-01.jpeg

Strawberry mousse for dessert
IMG_20180715_173141-01.jpeg

Mumbo sauce cool the couple times I tried it, I stick to hot sauce on my chicken tho ....I miss the carry outs back home...could cop anything from a chicken box to chicken parm at 330am :lol: :pimp:

Think I might hit that Jamaican spot out Owings Mills again for lunch today. Will probably try the jerk chickens this time.
If you on that side, drive down a lil into Park Heights next time where all the Caribbean folks be at and get the real FIRE jerk chicken....Caribbean Heat or Royal Maroon were a couple spots I been to out there that was good

@Mark Antony DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

I didn't know it was black owned...only said it was gentrified because it was $8 a bottle. Not to mention, the sauce, to me, is usually the orange/red color...not the bbq shade.
There are SO many different variations of Mumbo Sauce around the city man.

Red
Dark Red
Orange
Burnt Orange
Brown

There really isn't one general color to it

Mumbo sauce cool the couple times I tried it, I stick to hot sauce on my chicken tho ....I miss the carry outs back home...could cop anything from a chicken box to chicken parm at 330am :lol: :pimp:
Ain't nothing like a Bmore chicken box with a half n half or an "orangt" or grape soda. Open that bad boy up & dump some hot sauce & you set... :pimp:

If you on that side, drive down a lil into Park Heights next time where all the Caribbean folks be at and get the real FIRE jerk chicken....Caribbean Heat or Royal Maroon were a couple spots I been to out there that was good
This man knows... They got some South American/Peruvian chicken spots 'round that way that are fire. Chicken is a lil spicy too.

I know I asked this before, where are you now?

Ain't nothing like a Bmore chicken box with a half n half or an "orangt" or grape soda. Open that bad boy up & dump some hot sauce & you set... :pimp:

This man knows... They got some South American/Peruvian chicken spots 'round that way that are fire. Chicken is a lil spicy too.

I know I asked this before, where are you now?
Moved down to ATL for a job ...the bbq n soul food kitchens down here is :pimp: but missin the carry outs, seafood and late night options I’m used to ...1st thing I’m getting is a crab cake n some old bay wings when I touch back down in the city next month

It’s a Peruvian spot on Loch Raven n Taylor that’s nice, they got them big juicy chickens for the low

Moved down to ATL for a job ...the bbq n soul food kitchens down here is :pimp: but missin the carry outs, seafood and late night options I’m used to ...1st thing I’m getting is a crab cake n some old bay wings when I touch back down in the city next month

It’s a Peruvian spot on Loch Raven n Taylor that’s nice, they got them big juicy chickens for the low
2 place I liked in the ATL when I was down there 2-3 yrs ago was a Korean BBQ joint called The Meeting Place or Jang Su Jang in Duluth. Also liked a BBQ spot called Heirloom Market BBQ. One of the 2 chefs there is Korean American & mixes southern with Korean sometimes... heard they got some good Jamaican spots there too but I didn’t get a chance to get to them while I was there...

2 place I liked in the ATL when I was down there 2-3 yrs ago was a Korean BBQ joint called The Meeting Place or Jang Su Jang in Duluth. Also liked a BBQ spot called Heirloom Market BBQ. One of the 2 chefs there is Korean American & mixes southern with Korean sometimes... heard they got some good Jamaican spots there too but I didn’t get a chance to get to them while I was there...
Yea Duluth is like Koreatown down here...This chick took me to some late night pastry and tea place out there, it was weird but good tho :lol: ...good looking on the suggestions ima check em out and report back

Yea Duluth is like Koreatown down here...This chick took me to some late night pastry and tea place out there, it was weird but good tho :lol: ...good looking on the suggestions ima check em out and report back
The Heirloom place is small & there was a nice line out the door when I went there but the food was good.

I was with some folks so we got various things to go & shared like Spicey Korean pork platter, smoked wings, tacos, ribs... Then we got sides like greens, Korean Cole slaw, beans, Mac & cheese...

I was no good after we ate... Was full & sleepy the rest of the day...

Making fish escovitch for dinner tomorrow.

Are DC Mambo sauce and the sauce from Harold's in Chicago comparable ?

Back
Top Bottom