FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

4E4A8110-9FE0-412D-AB40-CEBD55B42810.jpeg
Stuffed sweet potatoes. With Peruvian chicken, red onions, pepper jack, cilantro and green onions

Who hasn't tried one before?

Very good.

I learned some history as I always wondered why Black Muslims in America had a monopoly on the market

Watch "This Pie Tells One of the Most Essential Stories About Muslims in America. And It’s Delicious." on YouTube

didnt even watch the video and had a feeling it was bean pie... ive been wanting to try this since i saw that 1 fresh prince episode... called my local supermarkets and none of them have it

didnt even watch the video and had a feeling it was bean pie... ive been wanting to try this since i saw that 1 fresh prince episode... called my local supermarkets and none of them have it
Man you buy that on the street from a BROTHER.

You won't see those in a store

Kinda difficult to explain and there are various ripenesses to them.

More about texture. Slightly buttery, nutty, oily.

You'll love it or disgust it.

So do you mix the cornmeal with the flour? That's it?

Yes and no, I added seasoning into the cornmeal/flour and the chicken was marinated as well.
First time using cornmeal with flour. I saw a southern fried chicken recipe using both so thought I'd try it since I had cornmeal. Some might not like the gritty texture. I guess it's popular in the South/Southern cooking like fried catfish. I'd probably leave the cornmeal out next time.

Back
Top Bottom