FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I gotta tell my co-worker this we did ubereats and she got Panda Express, horrible tastes like microwavable food.

I ordered a Burrito the other day and my Ubereats driver didn’t even attempt to drive to my area and cancelled. Said she couldn’t make it to Uber.

I’m sure she ate my food.

She didn’t pick up at all when I saw her going the opposite direction.

It’s very common Ubereats drivers eat your food, make sure y’all tell the restaurant to staple your bag shut just Incase they dig for fries or something worse.

What did she expect? Only thing decent from Panda Express is the fortune cookie.
American Chinese food in Houston Texas isn't that great compared to what I've eaten in nyc. It was shared meal we expected a decent meal but it was waste of money when she told me Panda Express is good. Joint was stale and dry. #neveragain.

I ordered a Burrito the other day and my Ubereats driver didn’t even attempt to drive to my area and cancelled. Said she couldn’t make it to Uber.

I’m sure she ate my food.

She didn’t pick up at all when I saw her going the opposite direction.

It’s very common Ubereats drivers eat your food, make sure y’all tell the restaurant to staple your bag shut just Incase they dig for fries or something worse.

That's what I've been hearing they eat people meals when they cant find you. But lie about it. So they can take your meal. They still get paid regardless for accepting the order.

5A2F6870-40A1-455B-8B26-56DCD9341913.jpeg

Made chicken parmesan last night.

For someone that loves & only eats dark meat, I love duck.
American Chinese food in Houston Texas isn't that great compared to what I've eaten in nyc. It was shared meal we expected a decent meal but it was waste of money when she told me Panda Express is good. Joint was stale and dry. #neveragain.
Outside of the Viet & Indian populations in Houston exploding, the Chinese population in Houston is pretty large too. There are plenty of good American Chinese places in Houston as well as places where actual Chinese places. I wonder if your just used to the style in NYC which is admittedly different from the rest of the country. In fact, one could argue Houston has one of the best Asian cuisine scenes in the US.

Last edited:

Outside of the Viet & Indian populations in Houston exploding, the Chinese population in Houston is pretty large too. There are plenty of good American Chinese places in Houston as well as places where actual Chinese places. I wonder if your just used to the style in NYC which is admittedly different from the rest of the country. In fact, one could argue Houston has one of the best Asian cuisine scenes in the US.

I'm for sure use to nyc style Chinese food. Only one decent Chinese food I have had was by my old work place, but it's far.

I've know of the china town in Houston but i haven't spread my wings In that area.

Only been here less than a year so I'm still searching for food spots that are too my standards. Both fast and traditional.

I'm for sure use to nyc style Chinese food. Only one decent Chinese food I have had was by my old work place, but it's far.

I've know of the china town in Houston but i haven't spread my wings In that area.

Only been here less than a year so I'm still searching for food spots that are too my standards. Both fast and traditional.
I went to visit a couple of years ago & had really good dim sum at a place called Golden Dimsum. Not Chinese but there's a place my Houston homie took us to called Tiger Den that has Japapnese ramen & yakitori. We went a couple of times while there & had the miso, tonkotsu, & tantan broths which were all good. They also had grilled octopus, pork belly, & gizzard on their yakitori as well as more traditional meats that were really good. Highly recommend both.

visited Houston 2 times last year and the Viet food was :pimp:. I caught me off guard how good it was. Haven't eaten it enough to put it above Viet food scene in Socal or San Jose but it was definitely good

visited Houston 2 times last year and the Viet food was :pimp:. I caught me off guard how good it was. Haven't eaten it enough to put it above Viet food scene in Socal or San Jose but it was definitely good
The Viet scene in Houston is the truth. You honestly can't get better than that. Some other cities like Nawlins might be same level, but not better. The Viet-Cajun is a serious serious hybrid. Funny a lot of the food culture for both came in part by the french...

When France "occupied" Vietnam, they used all the best cuts of meat & left the scraps for the Vietnamese who then used those & the bones for the broth of Pho. Kinda the same story here in the states with slave owners giving their slaves the scraps or only allowing them the scraps.

Edit - Which brings me back to that discussion earlier about seafood... Crustaceans might be the cockroaches of the sea, but the best cuisine comes from the lowest elements. I'd take cuisine that originates from the poor over high end food any day.

Shrimp, lobster, crab, all delicious.

I bite the meaty part of the breast and pick the part with the bones. I also eat that bone part that kind of resembles a spine.
I bite thighs, I even bite the bone and suck out the marrow.
Drums I bite and eat everything except that tiny piece of fat at the end of that oval piece that looks like a long nipple.
Wings I bite and eat everything.

There is nothing left on a piece of chicken when I'm done, not even the gristle.
My friend calls this"cleaning", I also do this

Back
Top Bottom