FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Mediterranean Pizza and chicken parm roll w/sauce
6BE76D6A-3168-4356-9283-5CA988FB0BDC.jpeg
70F6C11B-D4F1-478C-9A17-F42C8F4653CC.jpeg

My Caribbean brothers.

I tried my hand at Curry Chicken today. I think it came out well. Only issue si I slightly taste some of the vinegar, that I originally washed my chicken with.

After you do your vinegar wash, do you also rinse the vinegar off of the chicken?

I usually do half/half vinegar/water soak before doing anything else.

Please responds

My Caribbean brothers.

I tried my hand at Curry Chicken today. I think it came out well. Only issue si I slightly taste some of the vinegar, that I originally washed my chicken with.

After you do your vinegar wash, do you also rinse the vinegar off of the chicken?

Please responds
Yeah, I wash it off. How long do you let it soak in the vinegar?

I just use to vinegar to clean the chicken, pat dry, then I put in the second marinade.

Yeah, I wash it off. How long do you let it soak in the vinegar?

I just use to vinegar to clean the chicken, pat dry, then I put in the second marinade.
I usually soak for 20 minutes.

I should have rinsed it off like you said. I don't usually rinse it but I have never tasted the vinegar before. I figured the vinegar taste would have "cooked out."

Sidenote: Dealing with chicken is SUCH an inconvenience. Unpackaging, Cleaning/Soaking, Bleaching everything down, not mixing contaminated dishes vs. uncontaminated ones.

I just started using gloves to handle chicken at this point man. I have a box of latex gloves under my sink, so I am putting them to use. (Super Pause)

My Caribbean brothers.

Please responds
Def rinse the vinegar off unless you're cooking something the flavor won't affect.

Def rinse the vinegar off unless you're cooking something the flavor won't affect.
Good look.

Also, Risty you can chime in too.

If I use too much carrot, will it make my curry very sweet? Now that I am eating it again, I can't tell if I taste vinegar or sugar. Weird.

I used alot of carrot though, I know that.

Yeah the carrot will add sweetness. It depends though, most times i'm cooking curry i'm not using carrots at all. Also gotta use the right powder, some have a sweet cinnamonness to them, not a fan of those.

Good look.

Also, Risty you can chime in too.

If I use too much carrot, will it make my curry very sweet? Now that I am eating it again, I can't tell if I taste vinegar or sugar. Weird.

I used alot of carrot though, I know that.
Yeah it will add a lil sweetness, but like Mark said the one thing add sweetness is the type of curry powder you use.

Between the curry powder, onion, garlic and peppers, it would hard for me to imagine my curry coming out sweet.

I only do chicken and potatoes. My girl likes chickpeas so she adds those when she cooks it.

Wings, Korean short ribs with noodles and duck

Had duck once and it was gross, after looking at your pic I might give it another go.

Wifey & I took her mother out for lunch. She loves grabbing a beer & burger from Red Robin.Got a mushroom bacon cheese burger.
E9B9D33E-AEEB-423E-ADFC-C32D9FAEF364.jpeg

Bad experience in Bakersfield, Ca. I’m done with that establishment.

My Caribbean brothers.

Please responds

Like everyone said before, I wash it off completely.

Looks very mediocre

Agree. Glad I left no tip.

Had duck once and it was gross, after looking at your pic I might give it another go.

Bad experience in Bakersfield, Ca. I’m done with that establishment.

Like everyone said before, I wash it off completely.

Agree. Glad I left no tip.
I love duck. I got that in S.F....there was hardly any fat on it. Skin was crisp
I usually like to buy it in the morning when its they are fresh out

So much good food above guys. I need too move to USA. (Live in Australia)

Anyway
Now my taste testing 4 weeks job is over which was filled with chocolate and junk.

I bought some of my snacks as its movie night. This is just a dinner.
Kangaroo Tomato Meatballs in which I'll be making a lot of sliders with. Followed by 2 greek protein yoghurts frozen for a 1hr so like fro yo.
And 2 protein bars.
Do this sort of diet for a week too make up for all that junk.
I always workout, but Protein low carb diet clean up then,

Resume my seafood based diet
IMG_20180723_195731_775.jpg

Last edited:
If you dont respect yourself and a brokeboy like me, you may wanna download the McDonalds app. They got all kinds of deals on it. ALL KINDZ.

For example, today you can get any breakfast sammich for $1. And every Friday until the end of the year, fries are $1.

Last edited:
So much good food above guys. I need too move to USA. (Live in Australia)

Anyway
Now my taste testing 4 weeks job is over which was filled with chocolate and junk.

I bought some of my snacks as its movie night. This is just a dinner.
Kangaroo Tomato Meatballs in which I'll be making a lot of sliders with. Followed by 2 greek protein yoghurts frozen for a 1hr so like fro yo.
And 2 protein bars.
Do this sort of diet for a week too make up for all that junk.
I always workout, but Protein low carb diet clean up then,

Resume my seafood based diet
IMG_20180723_195731_775.jpg

I could use some low carb snacks. I pretty much eat sunflower seeds or pecans

Back
Top Bottom