FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

loudpack from churrascos to go (food truck) in houston.

i cried a hunnid nights

Looks like Chiva has some competition in this thread with ChampCru

:rofl:

It be dope if more people posted in here more often. Anywho, last night's "dinner"... I got the hot dog, my girl got the burger. No lie, that hot dog was so good, my girl ended up eating almost both meals by herself... :smh:

LAX Burger by chiva1908, on Flickr

Downtown Dog by chiva1908, on Flickr

Hot Dog was wrapped in bacon and had grilled and caramelized onions :nthat:

And today's lunch:

Jicama by chiva1908, on Flickr

Last edited:
Okay, been browsing my phone and came across these photos from my home leave in the Philippines last September. #Torture

Some Filipino dishes from

Bayleaf Sky Deck's Classic Beef Kare-kare (Fork tender ox tail and ox tripe in annato peanut sauce, native vegetables, and shrimp paste)

Bayleaf Sky Deck's Binagoongan Bagnet (Crispy pork with fried eggplant and shrimp paste)

Crisostomo's Pinoy Paella (Spanish rice dish, with prawns, chicken, pork and chorizo)

Crisostomo's Bagumbayan Lechon (Lechon kawali chips with liver sauce and garlic vinegar)

Crisostomo's Sisig Lengua (Ox tongue sisig style)

Then some American dishes

Mr. Jones' Famous U.S. Ribcap Tapa (well not really an American dish but with an American twist :tongue:)

Mr Jones' Big Boy Fried Chicken and Waffles

Chili's Country Fried Steak

Then some Japanese at one of the best authentic ramen house in Manila

Ukokkei Ramen Ron's Pork Gyoza

Ukokkei Ramen Ron's Ukokkei Miso Butter Corn (Miso based ramen)

Ukokkei Ramen Ron's Ukokkei Shoyu Koumi (Soy based ramen)

Then had Chinese as well from

Shi Lin's 10-piece Xiao Long Bao

Shi Lin's Noodles with Spicy Sesame and Peanut Sauce

Shi Lin's Fried Rice with Pork Chop and Egg

Lastly Greek from

Cyma's Hirine Brizola (Grilled Pork Chops - 3/4 inch thick, tender, bone-in, served with fennel mashed potatoes)

Cyma's Solomos Angel Hair (Salmon Pasta - their original sauteed salmon with tomato, basil cream sauce, fresh lime juice, feta and parmigiano reggiano)

December Im coming home and we gon do it again! :pimp:

^
What's that thing that looks like a piece of cheese in the kare kare pic?

My local costco has a new beef brisket bbq sandwich with coleslaw. Really good. Way better than the $14 pulled pork sandwich I bought at Nets game.

Superswag, repped for all the good pics... Now I'm hungry. Dammit. I don't get off Til 11... Too late to eat by then :-/

Superswag, repped for all the good pics... Now I'm hungry. Dammit. I don't get off Til 11... Too late to eat by then :-/

Thanks man! Yeah I feel you looking at those is such a sweet torture :lol:

At least you can do drive through on the way home. Im currently in Australia at a remote construction site and the nearest city is 3 hours away so yeah when I come home on December it's going down!

Wow. I've never seen that used before. Homemade or at restaurants.

It's an integral ingredient in making Kare-kare back home in PI whether it be in restaurants or home cooked. Banana trees sprout out basically everywhere so those are readily available.

I love seeing this thread and notice how it's been pretty much Chiva throughout this whole thread with champ contributing too. I want to help out too!

Lobster with a fresh salad and gucamole!

Chimichangas from this banging Mexican spot

Oxtail my girlfriend made with white rice, I love when she just douses everything in the gravy!!

Some Mexican style nachos! It comes with the chips, jalapenos, beans, avocado, tomato, cilantro, cheese and meat of your choice, I got the marinated steak and oh was this delicious!

Back
Top Bottom