FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I enjoyed my experience when I went there as well. Good vibe
Food presented good flavors and LES environment provided nice ambiance. Tapas plates are perfect for sharing on a date, physical icebreaker. Leaves you wanting more. Moderately reasonable prices. Paid $10 for pierogies, $8 on the Kobe beef slider, $17 ravioli, and $16 for "beef and broccoli." My date raved about every dish, and this was after I was late 3 hours. Story for another day.

She didn't drink, however. How were Stanton Social's cocktails?

Now that you mentioned it champ Champ you realize you need to drop that story on us.

Last edited:
Food presented good flavors and LES environment provided nice ambiance. Tapas plates are perfect for sharing on a date, physical icebreaker. Leaves you wanting more. Moderately reasonable prices. Paid $10 for pierogies, $8 on the Kobe beef slider, $17 ravioli, and $16 for "beef and broccoli." My date raved about every dish, and this was after I was late 3 hours. Story for another day.

She didn't drink, however. How were Stanton Social's cocktails?
Kudos, ChampCruThik.

I'm just hoping you're not dolling out these lavish meals for every shorty you date, haha.

Edit: My mentor is the manager of Beauty & Essex. Try to get upstairs seating if you can.

Last edited:
Happy premature birthday @ChampCruThik

Thanks, brotha. It's Wednesday, but I'm working. Celebrating next weekend and in Michigan end of the month.

Now that you mentioned it champ Champ you realize you need to drop that story on us.
Conduct unbecoming of a gentleman. Met an old flame for one drink at Third Avenue Ale House. Turned into a bottle of white wine and Bulleit Ryes neat. Spent hours reminiscing on old memories and rekindling past spark.

My Stanton Social reservation was for 9, showed up at midnight. She was not pleased to say the least. Reamed me out, but I convinced her to stay and we had a great time.

I Hit that up after Stanton, place is legit as well.
Thought you were based in the Boston area, frequent NYC for work often?

Kudos, ChampCruThik.

I'm just hoping you're not dolling out these lavish meals for every shorty you date, haha.

Edit: My mentor is the manager of Beauty & Essex. Try to get upstairs seating if you can.
Thank you, sir. Will keep that Beauty & Essex tip in mind.

It was a bad habit of mine in college. Took maybe 50(?) different girls for $100 dinners at 27 Mix. Nicest restaurant by Rutgers-Newark at the time.

Toppings, Daly City, CA

Can't say I've ever had really good Mexican food in Sac. Had this earlier today:

Tacos el Gordo, Chula Vista, CA

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That al pastor on the right with the sauce
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 BRO THAT LOOKS BOMB AF! 

I agree with not having good Mexican food in Sac.. so I'd have to say El Super Taco reigns around here

The best tacos I have had tho are some al pastor street tacos in LA and some carne asada tacos my homie's grandma made 
pimp.gif

^that looks bomb! My go to spots for mexican food is La Fiest/La Favorita (sacramento). I only get the burritos and they are my fav place to get them at.

damn that looks good right now.......first thing I alway do when I hit socal is buy Mexican food lol

But I love La Favorita and Fiest. I hate that dude that works cashier at la favorita. Always giving me an attitude and mean muggin

Last edited:
More specifically Mexican food appreciation day by Sacramentans :pimp:

You guys talking about the La Favorita on Florin? I'm coming home next week.

Yall should give Midtown Taqueria a shot 
smile.gif

I love that place, used to go there like 2-3 times a week when I lived on campus at Sac State.

Its been over a year since I last gone 
tired.gif

Maybe I will go tmrw
devil.gif

Yall should give Midtown Taqueria a shot :smile:

I love that place, used to go there like 2-3 times a week when I lived on campus at Sac State.

Its been over a year since I last gone |I

Maybe I will go tmrw :evil:  

Which? Because the have a "La Fiesta right there in midtown by sac state? It's on Alhambra .

La Fiesta and La Favorita are the same restaurant just different names, and yea theres a la favorite on florin I'm pretty sure.

ChampCruThick, I live in Mass but have a bunch of friends in NYC. Last time I was there those were the two spots we hit up. Walking through the pawn shop to get into Beauty & Essex is a nice touch

Back
Top Bottom