FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The mom and pop burger shop near my place gives you a small paper bag filled to the top of seasoned fries for less than 2 bucks, they're very appreciated

It's rare to see a mom and pop burger place in my area. We do have a lot of diners and delis that offer burgers. My local deli has Belgian fries with a bunch of sauces. Even the bagel place has a grill and has burgers on the lunch menu.

Last edited:
Just curious on your thoughts on this topic...

Do you guys feel that the random "mom and pop" burger spot is better than any of the previously mentioned chains? :lol:

There's a spot in Buena Park/Anaheim that i would frequent when i used to live in the area, but their burgers just seemed to be so much better than everything else. it would always be an option if we couldn't figure out a place to go.
I think their fries are what set them apart. Their fries were ridiculously good. :lol:

whats the spot called?

The mom and pop burger shop near my place gives you a small paper bag filled to the top of seasoned fries for less than 2 bucks, they're very appreciated

This!
They got that big misshaped ground beef patty burgers for like $3 and help yourself seasoning to your fries [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I think, psychologically, we WANT to believe Mom's and Pop's spots are better than the chains. We tell ourselves they are more authentic, we tell ourselves they have fresher ingredients, and we tell ourselves that they taste better.

I am NOT saying that they do/don't, but I just feel people go out of their way to try to discredit chains.

Man, you got me thinking about this now. I agree with you a bit and it makes total sense.

However, I can definitely co-sign on a few spots that are legitimately better than some fast food chains. :lol:

whats the spot called?

Imperial Burger on Lincoln, between Valley View and Holder.

Best fries ever. :nthat:

Glad to know a few spots in Cerritos have lived on: Boy's Hamburgers and Galaxy Burgers.

Legit sad that a few spots changed owners/names.
RIP. Duke's in Lakewood and Scotty's Burgers in Artesia.

Poutine that I got from a food truck earlier. It tasted just like the stuff I had in Canada. 
pimp.gif

IMG_20170518_191618.jpg

So when y'all eat outwith your friends do y'all wait for everyones food to come or y'all just eat as it comes

So when y'all eat outwith your friends do y'all wait for everyones food to come or y'all just eat as it comes

I was raised always being told that it's rude to eat if everyone hasn't gotten their food, so I will always wait until everyone receives their plate before I eat. All my friends do the same as well.

Anybody have a good sauce for fried chicken wings?

Im talkin bout the kind you shake them in after they are fried to coat them with sauce.....

We definitely wait if at a restaurant

If it's at a fast food spot like Innout and/or those late night drunchies then we are grubbin asap :lol:

I don't wait. There's always those one or two people who don't get their food until way after everyone else. My friends don't care anyway.

Not even a question for me.  You have food in front of you? Go ahead and eat.  Doesn't matter if it's me or you. 

Never compromise your own enjoyment for another person's neurosis.

Last edited:
Going to LA at the end of june until july 4th. This will be my very first time out in Cali... staying in east LA. What are some good recommendations? Not tryna break the bank. Ill be with 5 other ppl. Im def trying out In N Out and Pink's hot dogs lol In n Out Las Vegas was alright imo i thought it would be better

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nawzlew Nawzlew perfect, I was thinking about a kbbq spot in KTown somewhere. Where I live, the one 15mins away from boston kinda sucks even though there are so many korean restaurants in the area

Going to LA at the end of june until july 4th. This will be my very first time out in Cali... staying in east LA. What are some good recommendations? Not tryna break the bank. Ill be with 5 other ppl. Im def trying out In N Out and Pink's hot dogs lol In n Out Las Vegas was alright imo i thought it would be better

INO is gonna be the same whether in Vegas or LA.

Not too far from where you're staying:
Masa (Echo Park)
Guisados (Echo Park)
El Tepeyac (Boyle Heights)
Noodle World (Alhambra)
Langer's Deli (MacArthur Park)

Back
Top Bottom