FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

New Nashville hot chicken spot called urban bird. On point. Spice levels were good too.
64E1B727-762A-41A2-A8AA-2BA4A66A906F.jpeg

Isnt this normal?

Its like this at every grocery store i can think of up here.
Been like that for as long as i can remember. Remember since a kid you had to put a quarter in there. Sometimes youd be putting your groceries in your car and someone that parked beside you would give you a quarter for your cart. Save you both a trip to put back/retrieve a cart.

Used to be able to take the cart home with you if you chose to. Then they put anti theft devices, the wheel locks up when you leave the parking lot. Folks still push it home tho. When youre determined...

Sometimes youd have a homeless dude in the parking lot offering to take peoples carts back so they can keep the quarter.
Do you live in Cali? If you do I guess it'd make sense that all the carts have coin and gps locks due to the homelessness situation.

Great Seas changed owners? Damn. Me and my brother were just talking about their lollipop wings. He prefers it over Dong-Ah Foods. I haven't been there in a long time either.
Yeah, I lived on Sawyer and Ainslie for my entire childhood and Great Seas chicken was a staple. The OG owners sold the restaurant but the new owners didn’t want to pay for the recipe, so they came up with their own. That’s when everything went downhill.
The OG owners did sell the recipe to the owner of Lollipop chicken wings in Mt Prospect and I can confirm that they’re closest to the OG great seas wings.

Back
Top Bottom