FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Wow, didn't realize that! She did an hour-by-hour recap and said this around 10AM

Keep in mind, this was a weekday so you know it's even crazier right now for a Saturday! Saw something in the comments about a 7 hour wait :wow: I am really looking forward to what walkingBred walkingBred has to say about the campout and food :lol:
It's Texas so there HAS to be plenty other options that are just as good. Had to be.

Outside of being able to brag to self/others, no way it can be worth that stationary wait.

*Forgot I've been there before. ( Should tell you something)

La Barbecue is supposed to be comparable with a fraction of the wait.

I’d honestly consider trying Franklin if I was on vacation though. The wait seems like a tailgate party where everyone is crushing beers and shooting the **** the whole time. Doesn’t sound like the worst experience TO ME.

Took a trip to Beacon and found a new pizza spot that makes donnolis (cannoli filled donuts). Also the biggest chicken roll I’ve ever seen.
IMG_3698.jpeg
IMG_3697.jpeg
IMG_3702.jpeg
71113417088__FDF16ADC-EA1A-4389-85E1-E6235441E7D6.jpeg

I’ve heard Blacks, Kreuz, Smitty’s 1 hr outside of Austin are all good with no wait. But that involves driving to Lockhart

Waste of time
Outside of being able to brag to self/others, no way it can be worth that stationary wait.
I’d honestly consider trying Franklin if I was on vacation though. The wait seems like a tailgate party where everyone is crushing beers and shooting the **** the whole time. Doesn’t sound like the worst experience TO ME.

If I am crushing brews and got some people with me then it might be okay but between breakfast brews, the sun and all that meat (pause), I know a nap is going to be necessary by the time it is all over :lol:

DC - I honestly don’t know how (or why :lol:) people do this in the DMV but at least some folks are able to make an honest living out of it

Got extremely lucky. We literally got the last piece beef rib. Kinna felt bad for the ppl behind us. They were promised the last piece but I guess some group ahead of us took 2. The beef rib was phenomenal, but the brisket was the star of the show.

The vibes out in the line are chill. Ppl drinking and talking about where they're from. It's a whole experience that EYE enjoyed. Will I do it again, probably not considering I'd like to try new spots every visit.
IMG_20230715_125827~2.jpg

IMG_20230715_125855~2.jpg

IMG_20230715_130240~2.jpg

IMG_20230715_130231.jpg

Aaron popped out for a few seconds but headed back into the pits.
IMG_20230715_124940~2.jpg

IMG_20230715_165750.jpg

La Barbecue is supposed to be comparable with a fraction of the wait.

#Cultural for the most part but I can understand. ( No disrespect )

Back
Top Bottom