FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Has Balut Bowl 2023 started yet? If not, I'll kick it off with 1 on the board.

Seafood City in Mississauga, Ontario last night.
IMG_20230827_210518~2.jpg

IMG_20230827_210908~2.jpg

Heading to Houston in about a week. I've never been but I also heard about the diversity and food out there.

I compiled a list of places below. Any recs for weekend brunch? Also anything I need to try while visiting.

-Harold's Fried Chicken
-Gus' Fried Chicken
-In N Out
- Trill Burger
-Seoulside Wings
-Dream Wings
-Flippn chicken food truck
-Warwick
lucille’s
lotus seafood
north italia
coltivare
l’es baget
kenny and ziggy’s
himalaya
pizaro’s
be more pacific
ruchi’s
house of pies
candente
killen’s bbq
blood bro’s bbq
bb.q chicken (superiors)
turkey leg hut
ocean palace dim sum

where are you coming from? honestly, your list is not great. harold’s, gus’s, and in n out aren’t even houstonian. you can drop those off. i haven’t had any of the one’s you listed. if you go to trill, let us know how it is. i’m sure i’m missing a lot of places. the city prides itself on food and diversity and it’s no joke. there’s endless amount of food here.

Last edited:
How was the free tender?

I mean you can't beat free.

It was good enough for me. But never something I would actually order at that type of restaurant.

You still doing the shakes?

I thought you said they filled you up too much and you were trying to watch your figure.

I'll always have a shake with my burger. I never said they filled me up and I was trying to watch my weight. I'm actually trying to maintain my weight.

I mean you can't beat free.

It was good enough for me. But never something I would actually order at that type of restaurant.

I'll always have a shake with my burger. I never said they filled me up and I was trying to watch my weight. I'm actually trying to maintain my weight.

You maintain your weight with weekly 1/3 to 1/2lb burgers topped with numerous items, bottomless fries and milkshakes?

Your metabolism is faster than Noah Myles. Must be nice.

lucille’s
lotus seafood
north italia
coltivare
l’es baget
kenny and ziggy’s
himalaya
pizaro’s
be more pacific
ruchi’s
house of pies
candente
killen’s bbq
blood bro’s bbq
bb.q chicken (superiors)
turkey leg hut
ocean palace dim sum

where are you coming from? honestly, your list is not great. harold’s, gus’s, and in n out aren’t even houstonian. you can drop those off. i haven’t had any of the one’s you listed. if you go to trill, let us know how it is. i’m sure i’m missing a lot of places. the city prides itself on food and diversity and it’s no joke. there’s endless amount of food here.
Appreciate it bro!

I'm from NYC so most of the food spots I listed aren't in my region although they may not be Houstonian.

Having a small party on Saturday and decided to cater food because I just can’t be bothered with cooking and preparing everything else. Anyone else have staples they need to have at a party?! Mine are mini empanadas which I’ll make and a good antipasto platter.

Having a small party on Saturday and decided to cater food because I just can’t be bothered with cooking and preparing everything else. Anyone else have staples they need to have at a party?! Mine are mini empanadas which I’ll make and a good antipasto platter.
nah i like trying new things so i'll mix things up a lot

Appreciate it bro!

I'm from NYC so most of the food spots I listed aren't in my region although they may not be Houstonian.
i hear you i just wouldn’t waste a meal with redundancy cause there are so many better options in htown. like you don’t need to go to gus’s and harold’s. i would just go to gus’s.
maybe trill over in n’ out. just a suggestion.

have fun fam. try not to melt out here this summer has been the worst i’ve ever experienced

Heading to Houston in about a week. I've never been but I also heard about the diversity and food out there.

I compiled a list of places below. Any recs for weekend brunch? Also anything I need to try while visiting.

-Harold's Fried Chicken
-Gus' Fried Chicken
-In N Out
- Trill Burger
-Seoulside Wings
-Dream Wings
-Flippn chicken food truck
-Warwick

Feel like a burger a week isn’t crazy depending on what else you’re consuming/working out/etc :lol:

For sure - that definitely matters but the combo of the burger + bottomless fries + milkshake + free chicken tenders is heavy. My guy Mr. Orange Meal would fast for 36 hours minimum after that in order to maintain and he’s in good shape :lol:

3000 calorie meals are kinda nuts

Ya’ll were trying to get at 30 Oz of vegetables and fruits at lunch but letting 3,000 calories slide :smh:

Respectfully, will the theme, food and general vibe of this small party/kickback be summer or fall based?

Back
Top Bottom