Footlocker has to be the worse company to work for.

I had a pretty bad experience with footlocker too. I worked for footaction before the buyout. When the buyout was complete they did alot of manager shifting in my district. We got this young 24-25 yr. old dude as our manager. He was cool at first but we all were feeling the stress of footlocker's "work everybody like slaves on as little hrs. as possible and threaten termination if the hrs. budget is exceeded, but then have surprise visits from the DM who will also threaten termination if tings are not done" philosophy.

This guy asked me if I wanted to be an A.M. I noticed he was only keeping 1 a.m. when we were allowed two and it was hard on them, so I told im if he hired another one I was down. I also discussed my school schedule with him and told him that hiring the additional a.m. would allow it to work. We always had two until he came anyway. He agreed but never followed through. He started smashin the mgr. from champs and during finals I told him "I have a test thursday morning, do tou think I can work the morning shift on Wednesday, so I can study wed. night and come in after my final.?" he agreed. Then he calls back at like 8:30 and was like " You have to work tomorrow night, I;m helping champs clean up their stockroom.". I was like man that's messed up. You sellin me out behind some P. Thats foul blah blah. He gets mad and we are are oficially not getting along.

Fast foward- This should probably be in the most grimiest things thread- we find out the V.P. is visiting our store and our stockroom is a wreck. Literally boxes of stuff that never even hit the floor. Winter wear and it summer already. Bam this guy backs his truck up to the back of the store and takes two truck loads of boxes home. We straighten out the stock room and the vp does his visit ant thats it. Mgr never returns the stuff, I see his brother coming up to the store wearing hats and random nike shirts that are new and I know are coming from the boxes he took home. I really don't care. I get sick one day and come to work anyway (respiratory infection), I tell him I cant finish and I'm leaving to go to the DR. He tells me I'm fired for job abandonment if I leave. I leave anyway call my D.M. and tell explain the situation and tell him I have a DR. note and he lets me come bact to work. Mgr. starts trying to make me quit by assigning grunt tasks, writing me up, scheduling me bad hrs. After the second write up (for the back of my shirt being untucked) I realized he is fixin to win at this game he is playing and I am gonna be jobless. I cll the loss prevention line and tell them about the boxes. Investigation ensues. He is fired. I get transferred to another location that only does like $9-1200 daily and is too far for me to drive. I quit. I hate them. Still will buy shoes sometimes though.

Sorry if that was long.

Sounds like you're going though the small store blues...we didn't have to worry about that when I was in stripes

Sounds like you're going though the small store blues...we didn't have to worry about that when I was in stripes

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

cuz most kids on the outside looking in just see a discount on J's before they drop and working w/your friends...once you start you see all the BS that comes w/it...

as much fun as it was working with friends retail sucks and i'm a people person...managers are worse than customers...

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

smh. all I wan tis a discount anyway

this is how most people feel till they been there a few months...

like everyone is saying...stay in school...its worth it to be a little broke now then be a retail manager for the rest of your life...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I swear career manager's be taking out their short-comings on student workers
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

cuz most kids on the outside looking in just see a discount on J's before they drop and working w/your friends...once you start you see all the BS that comes w/it...

as much fun as it was working with friends retail sucks and i'm a people person...managers are worse than customers...

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

smh. all I wan tis a discount anyway

this is how most people feel till they been there a few months...

like everyone is saying...stay in school...its worth it to be a little broke now then be a retail manager for the rest of your life...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I swear career manager's be taking out their short-comings on student workers
tired.gif

Word. My friend got layed off and he didn't even know. They stopped putting him on the schedule and he had to find out that he was layed off from a coworker.
30t6p3b.gif

Word. My friend got layed off and he didn't even know. They stopped putting him on the schedule and he had to find out that he was layed off from a coworker.
30t6p3b.gif

i also worked there, terrible company. I was hired and told i got 5% commission on all sales, after starting they told me they got rid of that policy.

I was also given a dollar raise in writing, but they never gave me the $ b/c my manager didnt have authority to give me the raise. pure b.s.

I only shop at NDC if possible for kicks

i also worked there, terrible company. I was hired and told i got 5% commission on all sales, after starting they told me they got rid of that policy.

I was also given a dollar raise in writing, but they never gave me the $ b/c my manager didnt have authority to give me the raise. pure b.s.

I only shop at NDC if possible for kicks

Its retail. Its all pretty much generally garbage. Its probably still better than working in a boutique-style retail store tho.

Its retail. Its all pretty much generally garbage. Its probably still better than working in a boutique-style retail store tho.

Originally Posted by J Capo

how was working at goodfoot lol?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I was trying to be discreet 
laugh.gif
. You refering actual work experience or the perks? The Work aspect...it's retail, its not going to be light years different than any other organization. Perks tho 
pimp.gif
. Still wouldn't have traded the experience for any other job I could've had during my tenure. RIP G'

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I was trying to be discreet 
laugh.gif
. You refering actual work experience or the perks? The Work aspect...it's retail, its not going to be light years different than any other organization. Perks tho 
pimp.gif
. Still wouldn't have traded the experience for any other job I could've had during my tenure. RIP G'

Back
Top Bottom