Footlocker has to be the worse company to work for.

i act a fool with it , i just dont care ask your boys ninjahood , ced , and dukez bout it

i see it and i call it

i act a fool with it , i just dont care ask your boys ninjahood , ced , and dukez bout it

i see it and i call it

I was fired from Toys R Us 2 weeks before this last Christmas over some petty stuff. They were basically letting a lot of people go on things that happened way in the past that was not a big deal. I am a junior in college and have been working there since my freshman year of college. Part of me was relieved to be fired, I work at pacsun also, so balancing two jobs and 15 hours with school was pretty difficult. But they would try to come to me with the same crap about school such as expecting me to get to work by 3 when i get out of class at 2:50, skip class because they were shorthanded, do morning stocking from 5-10 am when I have an 8am class. I'm not going to sacrifice my learning and advancement to get a few more measly hours of pay.

I was fired from Toys R Us 2 weeks before this last Christmas over some petty stuff. They were basically letting a lot of people go on things that happened way in the past that was not a big deal. I am a junior in college and have been working there since my freshman year of college. Part of me was relieved to be fired, I work at pacsun also, so balancing two jobs and 15 hours with school was pretty difficult. But they would try to come to me with the same crap about school such as expecting me to get to work by 3 when i get out of class at 2:50, skip class because they were shorthanded, do morning stocking from 5-10 am when I have an 8am class. I'm not going to sacrifice my learning and advancement to get a few more measly hours of pay.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

cuz most kids on the outside looking in just see a discount on J's before they drop and working w/your friends...once you start you see all the BS that comes w/it...

as much fun as it was working with friends retail sucks and i'm a people person...managers are worse than customers...

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

smh. all I wan tis a discount anyway

this is how most people feel till they been there a few months...

like everyone is saying...stay in school...its worth it to be a little broke now then be a retail manager for the rest of your life...

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

cuz most kids on the outside looking in just see a discount on J's before they drop and working w/your friends...once you start you see all the BS that comes w/it...

as much fun as it was working with friends retail sucks and i'm a people person...managers are worse than customers...

like everyone is saying...stay in school...its worth it to be a little broke now then be a retail manager for the rest of your life...

retail sucks but working in food service is the worst.

I've done both
tired.gif

Military FTW

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

real stuff right here.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

real stuff right here.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

roll.gif
I like hearing Ced Ceballos' opinions on retail and attend school.  I work in retail, and his words always stick in my mind.  It blows my mind when they act like school is a sin.  I attend school on Thursday 8-2, and my former boss wanted me to do overnight.  So that's pretty much 4:00 PM Thursday-7:00AM Friday
indifferent.gif
.  Then he brought up how I lift weights and go to the gym, so my stamina should be at peak level 
laugh.gif
.  I refused to do it, my hours shrank, and I resigned. 

But retail in general sucks.  It's legal slavery  The customers I can stomach with no issue. 

my dude
pimp.gif

it is what it is though.  i remember when i got suspended indefenitly over some b.s  which was pretty much your fired but were suspending you til you get your final check i felt real down.   

once them funemployment checks started coming in though and i started traveling the country, and catching up on school i realized it was the best thing to ever happen to me. 

i live in cali, but ive been living it up and partying in new york while my pops fills out my unemployment forms for me.  

retail can drink my sperm with a straw for all i care.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

roll.gif
I like hearing Ced Ceballos' opinions on retail and attend school.  I work in retail, and his words always stick in my mind.  It blows my mind when they act like school is a sin.  I attend school on Thursday 8-2, and my former boss wanted me to do overnight.  So that's pretty much 4:00 PM Thursday-7:00AM Friday
indifferent.gif
.  Then he brought up how I lift weights and go to the gym, so my stamina should be at peak level 
laugh.gif
.  I refused to do it, my hours shrank, and I resigned. 

But retail in general sucks.  It's legal slavery  The customers I can stomach with no issue. 

my dude
pimp.gif

it is what it is though.  i remember when i got suspended indefenitly over some b.s  which was pretty much your fired but were suspending you til you get your final check i felt real down.   

once them funemployment checks started coming in though and i started traveling the country, and catching up on school i realized it was the best thing to ever happen to me. 

i live in cali, but ive been living it up and partying in new york while my pops fills out my unemployment forms for me.  

retail can drink my sperm with a straw for all i care.

Originally Posted by revirxreab

raidddeeeerssss geaaaarrrrrrrr

so i wake up , and i guess i had them all shook from my explosion on the DM and the Store manager , so i get transfered to lady footlocker.

a part of them wants them to fire me allready so i can go get fun employment and just move on .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

buuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by revirxreab

raidddeeeerssss geaaaarrrrrrrr

so i wake up , and i guess i had them all shook from my explosion on the DM and the Store manager , so i get transfered to lady footlocker.

a part of them wants them to fire me allready so i can go get fun employment and just move on .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

buuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Working at FL was my DREAM back in highschool
laugh.gif

I just laugh at those days thinking about it now. I've never set foot in one for a long time.

Working at FL was my DREAM back in highschool
laugh.gif

I just laugh at those days thinking about it now. I've never set foot in one for a long time.

Originally Posted by bwood056

i hear you bro. i worked at champs. and our store layout was a VERY long store, no width. and in a international mall (tampa by airport).. anyways i was there for about a year before i quit. we had at all times 3 people working, thats on the slowest of slows. well one night during the week im closing, and its like 7-8 and we get swaaaarrmeeeddddd with tourists. well we ALWAYS need someone upfront of the store, so that leaves 2 people to hustle around getting multiple shoes- clothes ect. well its a mad house. im helping so many customers... get it done. like usual. was number one in part time sales in our district week in and week out. well next morning i wake up to a voice mail from my manager cussing me out going off on me that i got secret shopped the night before and scored a 65 (70 passes) just going nuuuttss.. im at my other job, and call him back and say " im not coming in for this week or next, i quit, make sure your fill my shifts since u like to give me 35 hours and cut me before fulltime." click.. their a joke man. expect you to do everything to a TEE when dont take into consideration low on staff. would you rather me talk about insoles,socks,and promos. or help the other 5 customers? cmon man

I work for CVS and while its not as bad, I feel you on the expected to do everything with nothing thing. I had a really cool manager for the first 4 years but he got replaced with a corporate **** sucker after he had knee surgery.
30t6p3b.gif
The fact they cut 40 hours in typical new-year-budget fashion doesnt mean anything to them.Were still expected to do everything at a normal clip

Corporate stans.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bwood056

i hear you bro. i worked at champs. and our store layout was a VERY long store, no width. and in a international mall (tampa by airport).. anyways i was there for about a year before i quit. we had at all times 3 people working, thats on the slowest of slows. well one night during the week im closing, and its like 7-8 and we get swaaaarrmeeeddddd with tourists. well we ALWAYS need someone upfront of the store, so that leaves 2 people to hustle around getting multiple shoes- clothes ect. well its a mad house. im helping so many customers... get it done. like usual. was number one in part time sales in our district week in and week out. well next morning i wake up to a voice mail from my manager cussing me out going off on me that i got secret shopped the night before and scored a 65 (70 passes) just going nuuuttss.. im at my other job, and call him back and say " im not coming in for this week or next, i quit, make sure your fill my shifts since u like to give me 35 hours and cut me before fulltime." click.. their a joke man. expect you to do everything to a TEE when dont take into consideration low on staff. would you rather me talk about insoles,socks,and promos. or help the other 5 customers? cmon man

I work for CVS and while its not as bad, I feel you on the expected to do everything with nothing thing. I had a really cool manager for the first 4 years but he got replaced with a corporate **** sucker after he had knee surgery.
30t6p3b.gif
The fact they cut 40 hours in typical new-year-budget fashion doesnt mean anything to them.Were still expected to do everything at a normal clip

Corporate stans.
30t6p3b.gif

I had a pretty bad experience with footlocker too. I worked for footaction before the buyout. When the buyout was complete they did alot of manager shifting in my district. We got this young 24-25 yr. old dude as our manager. He was cool at first but we all were feeling the stress of footlocker's "work everybody like slaves on as little hrs. as possible and threaten termination if the hrs. budget is exceeded, but then have surprise visits from the DM who will also threaten termination if tings are not done" philosophy.

This guy asked me if I wanted to be an A.M. I noticed he was only keeping 1 a.m. when we were allowed two and it was hard on them, so I told im if he hired another one I was down. I also discussed my school schedule with him and told him that hiring the additional a.m. would allow it to work. We always had two until he came anyway. He agreed but never followed through. He started smashin the mgr. from champs and during finals I told him "I have a test thursday morning, do tou think I can work the morning shift on Wednesday, so I can study wed. night and come in after my final.?" he agreed. Then he calls back at like 8:30 and was like " You have to work tomorrow night, I;m helping champs clean up their stockroom.". I was like man that's messed up. You sellin me out behind some P. Thats foul blah blah. He gets mad and we are are oficially not getting along.

Fast foward- This should probably be in the most grimiest things thread- we find out the V.P. is visiting our store and our stockroom is a wreck. Literally boxes of stuff that never even hit the floor. Winter wear and it summer already. Bam this guy backs his truck up to the back of the store and takes two truck loads of boxes home. We straighten out the stock room and the vp does his visit ant thats it. Mgr never returns the stuff, I see his brother coming up to the store wearing hats and random nike shirts that are new and I know are coming from the boxes he took home. I really don't care. I get sick one day and come to work anyway (respiratory infection), I tell him I cant finish and I'm leaving to go to the DR. He tells me I'm fired for job abandonment if I leave. I leave anyway call my D.M. and tell explain the situation and tell him I have a DR. note and he lets me come bact to work. Mgr. starts trying to make me quit by assigning grunt tasks, writing me up, scheduling me bad hrs. After the second write up (for the back of my shirt being untucked) I realized he is fixin to win at this game he is playing and I am gonna be jobless. I cll the loss prevention line and tell them about the boxes. Investigation ensues. He is fired. I get transferred to another location that only does like $9-1200 daily and is too far for me to drive. I quit. I hate them. Still will buy shoes sometimes though.

Sorry if that was long.

Back
Top Bottom