For Sprint Touch Pro owners - insurance upgrade to TP2, Pre, BB Tour, Hero, whatever - YMMV

datztoothless

Banned
BIG NEWS

Sprint has released a memo to it's employees instructing them to replace Touch pros with the Touch Pro 2 or any other smartphone (inclusing the Palm Pre,HTC Hero, Blackberry Tour, or the Touch Pro 2) FREE as a T.E.P (insurance) claim since the TP1 is the most returned phone they have, they blacklisted itbasically to a list called the Well Exchanged List. They are supposed to bring you a list with pictures and let you choose.

Now, like with anything requiring customer service, it all depends on who you get as a CSR, how nice they are, their ego. The phoneclaim.com website and thefree Sprint replacement self service site are still offering Touch Pros right now. If this is your 4th TEP replacement in less than a yr, it will automaticallycancel your TEP protection. So as she was waiting for the manager to get done with the computer, he looks all salty because she's making small talk andshowing me videos on her PRE, then he just straight cockblocks me and the phone like, "No! No! No! He's Employee discount plan! We can't help yousir! At all in this store! You have to call this number!!" so I didn't get anything.

I called the number and most of the reps on the phone act the same way once they see you're a SERO if you are. All of those phones ARE compatible withSERO, the rep will try to convince you they aren't and make you switch to a plan 3x the price and probably still not give you the phone as an exchange.

Some people have been getting the TP2 for 199$ straight, no rebates. Call retentions, tell them TMobile is giving it for 199$ and Verizon is giving it free.They have been creditnig accounts. Again though, I tried, no luck. Threatening to leave them doesn't work either. I ay, "well who do I talk to aboutcancelling," and they gom "Okay Mr. Nasty just give me a moment to initialize the cancellation...----" and I have to interrupt them backing downor hang up. But it's worth a try.

Some people are going in and getting their switches no problem. Others, like myself, aren;t. Here's what happened to me. I went to the store, got a nicefemale CSR who was nice and even somewhat flirty. She told me since I was eligible for the upgrade and I guess because of the memo (I didn't mention itexpressly nor did she), that I could have whatever phone I want in the store.

Please refrain from breaking your phone on purpose just to get a new one. You people are the ones who make it hard for people like me who legitimately havedefective devices. Some people have been disabling their keyboards via their registry, bricking their phone by flashing a new rom and removing the usb whenit's in tricolor mode, pressing the screen hard to break pixels, removing the .html files from the C:\Windows directory that start with compose_ and read_as that makes the email and text message functions not work, and dropping their phones in water.

As far as mentionig the memo, some have been doing it. Some haven't. I'll leave it up to you. But if you do get one, please let us know and let us knowwhat store (city).

CLIFFNOTES
Sprint is supposed to let you trade your Touch Pro up for any phone including the Palm Pre, Blackberry Tour (and you can add Blackberry service for10$, to Seroeven), HTC Hero, and Touch Pro 2.

The memo came straight down from Sprint

That, however, isn't a guarantee they will do it for you

They also might let you buy it for 199$

I had no such luck with either endeavor

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

what if i bought it from Best Buy???!!!! Anybody know???????

Doesn't matter. I bought mine from Best Buy too. That's not the reason. If it's on Sprint and you have TEP or it's still under warranty (1 yr),you qualify

THATS WHASSUP I gotta new TP as a replacement about 3 weeks ago. Its actually my third TP in 2 months cuz the first 2 keyboards stopped working after 2 weeks.I had to fight my butt off to get that phone as a replacement, except the third time when a manager was tellin me about how the TP is like the most defectivephone hes ever seen n basically just gave it to me

i have had a ALOT replacements with Sprint (5 Moto Q's, 1 Mogul, 3 Touch Pro's- ALL legitemetly defective belieVe it or not). Im actually kind ofhoping this phone clocks out so I can get the TP2, tho Im YET to have a problem with it so far.

OP, if you tryin to get a replacement DO NOT go into the store, call CS. Also, bein on SERO like you, I can tell you the Sprint would actually prefer you toleave than stay, thats y they are so quick to let you cancel, they lose money on these plans.

I'm on my 4th Touch Pro since release. I got it replaced twice in September. Which phone do you guys recommend? I might go with the Touch Pro 2. The PalmPre is not an option because I have certain videos and stuff on my memory card that I need and the Pre doesn't have a memory card slot. What's thatBlackBerry looking like? Any pics? How's YouTube on it? And what's the BlackBerry Plan? I have Simply Everything and I pay $113 a month. Do I need toupgrade if I were to get this phone?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I'm messing with a TP2 right now. Wheeew...%%$+ is crispy! Loud as hell too...
^What's loud? Hopefully you're referring to the volume when talking because it was BULL I had to download a program to make my volumelouder on my TP1. What's your opinion on the TP2? Is the YouTube still super clear? Do the videos load any faster? Is the TP2 a HUGE step up from the TP1?

Heard about this and just went to the Sprint store yesterday... They are just replacing my TP with another TP...

The thing with my TP is that it doesnt always charge. It usually has to be placed at an angle in order to charge. Sometimes it freezes up. And just sometimesmy screen will turn white but thats SOMETIMES. With my luck everything would be working just fine the day i decide to go to sprint to have it looked at. Wouldthey replace it on the spot for bb tour or is there a process ?

someone... PLEASE get the update on this and try it out.
with SUCCESS!!!

i got a TP like last month this is like my 5th one. i was gonna get the replacement cuz the screen keeps flippin...

i hope this goes well

Im on my second one about to be my 3rd and have had it just over a month. The keyboard died on the first and my charging port on the 2nd.

it wont work...i mean you can try but this initially kicked off on thurs/fri. now stores are saying they are out of stock. good luck to everyone tho

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I'm on my 4th Touch Pro since release. I got it replaced twice in September. Which phone do you guys recommend? I might go with the Touch Pro 2. The Palm Pre is not an option because I have certain videos and stuff on my memory card that I need and the Pre doesn't have a memory card slot. What's that BlackBerry looking like? Any pics? How's YouTube on it? And what's the BlackBerry Plan? I have Simply Everything and I pay $113 a month. Do I need to upgrade if I were to get this phone?
^If I can get someone to answer this for me then I'll give ya'll an update as I usually have my way at my local Sprint store...

I'm on my 4th Touch Pro since release. I got it replaced twice in September. Which phone do you guys recommend? I might go with the Touch Pro 2. The Palm Pre is not an option because I have certain videos and stuff on my memory card that I need and the Pre doesn't have a memory card slot. What's that BlackBerry looking like? Any pics? How's YouTube on it? And what's the BlackBerry Plan? I have Simply Everything and I pay $113 a month. Do I need to upgrade if I were to get this phone?
^If I can get someone to answer this for me then I'll give ya'll an update as I usually have my way at my local Sprint store...
The TP2. better at every aspect than the TP. More durable, faster (even thou both processors are the same tp2 is more optimized and is a differentversion) bigger screen, better battery life, better keyboard, 6.1 runs more smoothly. On;y drawback is no flash on camera and less hardware buttons, and ithasnt been unlocked yet to run custom roms, but that coming soon. Also did i mention it has a headphone jack?

Originally Posted by 18th letter

If you had no luck, isn't the title sort of misleading? You state it as if its a guarantee.
No, since I made it quite clear that is isn't a guarantee. It is, however, a guarantee that they are SUPPOSED to though.

And don't bother calling Sprint or Asurion. They won't do *%+% for you.

what should i do go to sprint and tell them i lost my tp or dump it in some water?......lol

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

The TP2. better at every aspect than the TP. More durable, faster (even thou both processors are the same tp2 is more optimized and is a different version) bigger screen, better battery life, better keyboard, 6.1 runs more smoothly. On;y drawback is no flash on camera and less hardware buttons, and it hasnt been unlocked yet to run custom roms, but that coming soon. Also did i mention it has a headphone jack?

^
eek.gif
Thanks! I understand the TP2 is better than the TP1.However, is it better than the BlackBerry Tour and/or Hero?

***EDIT*** Just realized the Hero doesn't have a keyboard so it's chalked. So my question is TP2 or Tour? Pros and Cons of both please...

Back
Top Bottom