For the younger members...

You dudes are sad. This man comes in here and tries to give you guys some knowledge on the man behind the shoes and dudes start getting all defensive. Youshould read the link and inform yourselves. After all MJ is half of the mystique of the shoes.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

I'm really confused as to what your definition of "younger members" is. are you referring to age or knowledge? because either way you're going to come up empty handed. Specifically "younger" refers to age but what you're referring to is ignorance regarding MJ. It's unfair to make a critical/slandered statement based on hypebeasts, and wannabe popular kids with a fat bankroll. I consider myself "young" in the sense of age (19), but not in the sneaker game or anything regarding jordan's career. the point you're trying to make can't be made. There is a double standard. They'll always be high schoolers looking for the flashiest kicks and no hesitation to buy while older guys gettin into it for $$$ down the road. Anyone reading your message initially thinks any dude without facial hair and a pair of jordans before XVII is some dude lookin to break necks and that's it. Also, just because i never got see MJ play his first time around doesn't mean you automatically have more wisdom and knowledge regarding Jordan. The only impression your "questions" serve as is a slate for you to pick sentences out of a almanac. I get your point but word choice leads to a wrong impression.

i second this.....i know my stuff ol' boy and i'm 17 and im up on this site every night.....and if we didn't have the slightest clue about n ething jordan why would we be sittin here on this site all this time chillin' klickin it with other sneakerheads. yeah i know i may not have the earliestpart of MJ's career resting on my memory like old cats would but....this generation is gonna b the ones to hold it down when old dudes like u fall off. andthat is in no way shape or form dissin' old people. i'm just sayin', point blank, don't get on here and call out ppl like me when all ur prollydoin is typin stuff up on google pimp. oh and my little sister can tell u wat shorts he wore under his game shorts in chicago.....just watch space jam 1 timeand u know.

^^^ Guys, chill. He wasn't talking DIRECTLY TO YOU! His post was for the younger members who have no idea why Jordans are popular in the first place.

If you know your stuff, great! Ignore this thread and move on!

Originally Posted by MEXRFW

so i have to know about the history of MJ to appreciate his shoes? uhh noo. the reason i "collect" now is cause the shoes i have seen and love are from
JB. u make it seem liek just cuzz u don't know the history of something u can't appreciate it. who knows the full history behind a mercedes? no one but when they come out with a new car, damn does that ****t look good.

now... personally. my favorite shoes in order are the ... 3, 11, 7, 1, 8, 13

and its because those shoes are incredibly classy. and rock well with anything

i don't need to know about the history of them to appreciate their beauty.

by the way most of the crap Jb has came out with looks ugly as fxck. =|

The car company "Mercedes-Benz" was named after Daimler Benz's daughter. But thats beside the point. The point is that if you haveinformation about something you admire, and it's right at your fingertips then why not learn about it. It's not going to kill you..
P.S. I "like" your spelling

Originally Posted by BNasty615

THANKS MAN A PERSON LIKE ME NEEDED DIS
I ONLY WATCH MIKE LIK IN 95 TILL HE RETIRED (HIS FINAL RETIREMENT)
ALSO WOULD DIS LET ME KNOW Y THE 6'S R CALLED DA CARMINES?

You're kidding, right?

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

get off MJs sack. Your taking this fan thing to far.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sorry but i found this hilarious. nice find though!

Thanks 3thaman, like i mentioned before even though I don't like reading, I did save it too my favorites just to look at it during my spare time. If I havethe information in front of me, then it will be more likely that i read it, it would be kind of lethargic of me if I didn't. Even though I never reallyfollowed MJ, he still serves as inspiration for me

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by L7OSER

Y?
What did Jordan wear under his game shorts while with the bulls his whole career? Don't know, then read up.

im young and i kno he wore his carolina shorts under...i think

Originally Posted by typecast3

to the younger members: dont let any of these old folks tell you MJ could play today. he could. but he wouldnt dominate. today's NBA is so much more talented its sickening. so all this flashbacking is kinda pointless. MJ was a media mogul. you understnad? okay next.

WOW!!! That has to be the most ignorant statement I've ever read on NT.

You just proved how little you know, young man.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

to the younger members: dont let any of these old folks tell you MJ could play today. he could. but he wouldnt dominate. today's NBA is so much more talented its sickening. so all this flashbacking is kinda pointless. MJ was a media mogul. you understnad? okay next.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.
laugh.gif

But typecast, if MJ wouldn't dominate, then scoring 50 points as a Wizard didn't count right? You are one of the reasons why I hate this newgeneration.

C'mon teenagers. Google it if you may. When is MJ's phobia?

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.
laugh.gif

But typecast, if MJ wouldn't dominate, then scoring 50 points as a Wizard didn't count right? You are one of the reasons why I hate this new generation.

C'mon teenagers. Google it if you may. When is MJ's phobia?

C'mon teenagers? you gotta be kidding me. Yes i understand there are some ignorant people out there but not all "teenagers" that collect areoblivious to what MJ did on the court.

For example: I was born and raised in Chicago all my life and had season tickets until i was 15, and was a die hard fam, i know a good amount about MJ.
All im saying is that not all "teenagers" dont know about MJ's legacy.

Originally Posted by Airjaded

the fact that you are probably well into your 30's and still obsess over what another man wears under his shorts is kind of depressing...i just hope my shoe obsession never leads me to wanna know what kind of underwear somebody wears, just because people didnt grow up watching jordan doesnt mean that they cant like/buy/wear his shoes and just because you did grow up watching him doesnt make you any more qualified to wear his shoes, after all they are just that SHOES.......you guys just need to let go of MJs nuts for real

^^how mature is this?
I really don't believe he is trying to belittle anyone by posting this. Unless you lived during the whole Jordan realm one really cannot embrace the excitement and jubilation this man brought to the game. Its about feelings..not facts and trivia. I think he was just trying to get some of the younger guys on this board to see Jordan from the eyes of the media ,who truly loved this man..he could do no wrong back then. I'm 34yo if that matters.

im not saying anything about the fact that he wanted to share an interesting site with people, all i was saying is his come back about the shorts was kindof dumb. If it came off immature im sorry, but on the other hand i dont think it is very mature to judge a group of people just because of their age. also itsdumb that "older" collectors are sour about the fact that fashion has changed...if people want to buy a pair of fusions thats their business justleave them alone, im sure there was plenty of people in the 90s that thought Jordans were hideous and thought that you "older collectors", who weremy age at the time, looked just as dumb as people thatll wear those ugly vii's comin out...

smh.gif
You boys are unbelieveable, try to make a useful post on this board and all I get is jawjacking from what it seems like is a bunch of preschoolers. At nopoint in my post was I condescending, rude, or putting down no one. Just trying to be helpful. And the question about the shorts was too the smartass whoposted "y".

Look I love old cars as much as anyone but I'll never know what it was like back in the 60's and early 70's to live and be apart of that era justas you won't be able to understand what it was like when Jordan was coming up through the league and being able to buy just 1 pair of his shoes a year waslike Christmas. No release dates posted on message boards, no owning 50 pair of shoes that are deadstock, and no reselling on ebay. Just doing what ever youhad to do to get a pair of J's and then wear them to the ground. And.... Oh the hell with it, I'm not going to argue with anyone that was in diaperswhen MJ retired with the Bull's. Pokemon collecting punks.

smh.gif
You boys are unbelieveable, try to make a useful post on this board and all I get is jawjacking from what it seems like is a bunch of preschoolers. At no point in my post was I condescending, rude, or putting down no one. Just trying to be helpful. And the question about the shorts was too the smartass who posted "y".

Look I love old cars as much as anyone but I'll never know what it was like back in the 60's and early 70's to live and be apart of that era just as you won't be able to understand what it was like when Jordan was coming up through the league and being able to buy just 1 pair of his shoes a year was like Christmas. No release dates posted on message boards, no owning 50 pair of shoes that are deadstock, and no reselling on ebay. Just doing what ever you had to do to get a pair of J's and then wear them to the ground. And.... Oh the hell with it, I'm not going to argue with anyone that was in diapers when MJ retired with the Bull's. Pokemon collecting punks.
Thats the truth. Some of this could very well be useful to a lot of people on here who don't know much. This forum is for helping others out,thats what some of yall have to understand...& im sure that was the point of this thread. Some people think they know everything in this forum
eyes.gif
& it gets old quick. Appreciate some of the knowlege & effort youpeople have around you.

how am i hypebeast ? and i wasn't attacking anyone yet i was singled out. i was just showing my point of view. and by the way i do know the history of theshoes i liek i understand what they mean to people and the incrdible things mj did in them. i remember sitting around n my gramps talkin about him "dunkinfrom the freethrow line" so his legacy was embedded in me. that's why i liek the shoes.. to me they just look good and have character with theirhistory. and I'm a hypebeast for buying what I liek? =| doesn't make sense.

the lazt 3 things i bought were: old love new love, air jordan viii playoffs, black/white fusions.

i didn't care what people said about em. i lieked those shoes so i bought em.

^^^^^ i like how you said you weren't gonna argue with us "preschoolers" after concluding your argument defending yourself....contradictory? Mypoint is that by labeling ignorant and so called "jordan" fans as "younger" members it was just gonna set this up....I'm not"hatin" on you but i do see a lot of quick to judge people and assumption. I just hate to see people assume that just because younger members arereally into jordan's shoes that they're hypebeasts or just in for the glory, cause it's certainly not the case. Again your just trying to use yourage as a weapon, and its not effective. It's like a bully on a playground that just use their size to impose, just don't make assumptions, causeit's not fair to the minority.

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

wow i really dont need to read this quit trying to act like you run us, you do not no anything about my obsession with jordan so keep this thread where it belongs... at ISS and i knew the question about the shorts so nice try guys:smile:
thumb_kid_crying.JPG

I see school's let out, didn't mean to upset you there little fellow. If it makes you feel better there's some new VII's coming out that would be right up your alley I bet.
wink.gif

o really i am willing to take that bet, but i saw some 6's that are coming out this june and i think you would like them, but make sure you buy 2 pairs,one to rock and one to stock because they will probaly be worth something in the future
happy.gif

wow i really dont need to read this quit trying to act like you run us, you do not no anything about my obsession with jordan so keep this thread where it belongs... at ISS and i knew the question about the shorts so nice try guys:smile:
thumb_kid_crying.JPG

I see school's let out, didn't mean to upset you there little fellow. If it makes you feel better there's some new VII's coming out that would be right up your alley I bet.
wink.gif

o really i am willing to take that bet, but i saw some 6's that are coming out this june and i think you would like them, but make sure you buy 2 pairs, one to rock and one to stock because they will probaly be worth something in the future
happy.gif

what seperates you from the others is that you see the shoes as worth a lot of money in the future. We see it as sentimental and nostalgic reasons first.

One of the major differences that seperate most of the young from most of the older people.

The car company "Mercedes-Benz" was named after Daimler Benz's daughter.
Actually:
In January of 1886, Karl Benz unveiled the world's first automobile, a three-wheeled vehicle dubbed the Benz Patent Motor Car. A few months later, Gottlieb Daimler and his chief engineer Wilhelm Maybach rolled out a four-wheeled vehicle powered by his Daimler engine. The first Mercedes was crafted in 1901, shortly after Daimler's death. Built by Maybach, the car was commissioned by Emil Jellinek, one of Daimler's primary distributors, and was ultimately named after Jellinek's daughter, Mercedes.
www.edmunds.com

Benz and Daimler were two people, and neither had a daughter named Mercedes.

Also, everyone getting uptight at 3thaman's suggestion to look over these archives should probably do so. Ignorance isn't a good quality, nor ispride.

Back
Top Bottom