For those not really about sneakers, what is your expensive hobby?

Like pacmans? nah those things are evil
laugh.gif
For frogs - dendroboard.com. Another good forum is kingsnake.com And feel free to drop me a line.

Arboreal snakes can be nasty too, which is why I never got into them really. Theyre beautiful, like emerald tree boas but they do not like people messing withthem at all. Crested Geckos and leaf tails can be kept in vivariums as well and they're pretty easy to take care of. Widely available now, but theythought they were extinct up until the 60s or 70s
laugh.gif

It was CD's (love collecting them but have bought my favs already). Now it's blu ray DVD's and PS3 video games since I just bought a PS3. I'mlooking to purchase a new TV too.

laugh.gif
yea, first off i thought it was weird feeding the thing a mouse. then he proceeds todraw blood, dude was ruthless.

i'll check those boards out, thanks for all your help.

yea i've heard about them being nasty, this is all a while away since i am broke now. i have time to think about it.

golfing and fishing. golfing isnt too expensive for me since I don't play at a country club so no membership fee for me. Courses I play usually have greenfees of 80 bucks or less. Fishing kills me. Chartering a boat cost at least $125 per person.

i go from thing to thing. for a while it was general electronics. then, i got into music production - guitar center/craigslist and used vinyl shops all day.photography took a lot of my cash at one point. travel was a big thing for me. then it was media - books, dvds, cds, etc. . . . right now, i've been buyinghome goods and work clothes like crazy.

Hey Sam, am I trippin or are you like the resident cool as nature chick on the low...like on some Ms. Frizzle type %$%%? Cause if so, I'd like to knowabout pythons and anacondas... pause.

i found the snake i am gonna get, some sort of rainbow boa. they climb a little so i can have a cool looking set up, they look nice, good temperament ifhandled once in a while and you don't need a heat lamp, so i can keep my current glass top. which i read is good anyways to keep the humidity up. so alli really need to buy is a humidifier and one of those under the tank heater coils and a appropriate boxes for hiding etc. i think.
pimp.gif
i am going to have to read up on the different sub species though to figure what kind i want.
rainbow_boa.jpg

^
pimp.gif
i got a boa fam, all you need is a heat rock and like you said a boxor sothing he can hide in. just be careful, they have to get acclimated. they do bite and that @%*% hurts.

cologne. i swear ive got so much, that i can go several weeks or maybe a month and some change without smelling the same. cologne isnt really"expensive" but its one of my hobbies.
i would say my most expensive hobby would be electronics. cell phones, tv's, computers, cameras, everything. i swap celly's every year, sometimes 2times a year. just copped a 26inch flat screen for my apt, just copped a blackberry and i still rock the iphone too sometimes. i love electronics.

and good clothing, just like everyone else.

yeah mice, even rats once it gets big enough. the tank i have is pretty big. takes up like a whole corner of the room. most of the time hes out chillin though.if you feed it a mouse bigger than it can handle it will regurgitate the body whole which can be pretty disgusting
sick.gif

i read the columbian rainbow boas get about 5ft and the brazilians get about 7ft. size isn't really an issue to me, my tank is big enough. from what i knowyou feed a snake a mouse or rat that is big as the largest part of it's body.

enyceking, i heard hotrocks can burn your snakes. i don't really have a lot of knowledge on it but that's what my sister told me.

im looking for the tamest snake imaginable ... im talkin no biting but still looks cool as hell ... any help? and no im not a female, i just dont want thatjoint bite me ... o and it has to eat something other than mice ... i just cant sentence any of gods creatures to death lol

im not sure, i know the rock i have is temp controlled so its only gonna get so hot. plus if dude gets too hot he just gets off. and in the summer time youdont even need it. just ask the dude at petco when you pick 1 up.

I just say no to heat rocks, the temp controls are not fail safe - I had a rheostat go bad on me. Theres no reason for them these days with radiant heat panelsor under tank heater options.

And please, do not take "the dude at petcos" advice as 100% correct. Most of the time they do not know jack about the animals they sell, completeirresponsibility on their part. They are just trying to sell the products they carry. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of herp lovers that work at bigbox stores but they are far and few between. If you want to keep exotics as pet, part of pet ownership is to do as much research as possible prior to gettingany animal

And no, it will not just get off it gets too warm. Yes, they do thermoregulate so they move from warm to cool areas of the tank and back again. The problemwith heat rocks is that the damage (ie burns) is done before the animal is aware that it's body temperature is too warm.

tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom