For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

i wear all my sneakers. The only ones I dont wear on a regular basis are my entourages and my yellowed infrareds. i wish i could turn them icy again. For the most part i wear my jordans .. i usually wear my flint 13's, spacejams, cool grey's 11's, electric blue foams and royal blues. only wore my concords once. I have a few more that I dotn wear anymore like steel X and all black x's. the ones with the clear bottoms i do wipe off after a few wears. I have 4 sets of sneaker shields to wear with the ones that crease. Lately Iven been wearing my all black lebrons 8's they are extremely comfortable.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

I wear all my jordans.
Some only for casual because i dont
Want them to have scars, or being worn out
By playing basketball.
I think paying so much for shoes that never
Graced the floor on my street is a big waste.

I couldn't agree more man.
glasses.gif

Anyone purchase a pair (recently) and then when you put them on, wore them, you didn't like them much after?

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by spizike231

I usually just decide the night before while I'm falling asleep what shoes I wanna wear the next day. Sometimes I wake up wanting to wear a different pair than planned so I plan out an outfit on the spot and just go w/ whatever I feel like.

I guess you could say that my rotation is my whole collection for the most part.. except for some DS gems that I keep hoarded away because I want to.
wink.gif

I like to break out some good heat on school days for my classmates. Got a couple of heads in there that wear Jordans.
pimp.gif

Yeah I remember in HS it was always nice to see classmates with different Jay's on.
Then it was mostly one person who stayed wearing every retro (2003-2007) and I was like:

tumblr_leq08aaktP1qcu1hm.gif

Because they were like 16. Spoiled.
laugh.gif

Nah I didn't really wear my nice Jordans to High School.. people at my school were so disrespectful and would probably step on them and not give a -. It would be all bad.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm in college my first year, only have 3 classes right now Mon-Thur and it's a lot nicer that people are mature around me and it's not as crowded.
pimp.gif

All the Jordan I have I wear them after the day I let them get some air and clean them. But the ds pair I got haven't touch the ground such as the grape v mars iv (remember back in high school a guy wearing his mars iv sliding across the hallway and I just look smh) 2003white cement, and a few others. My every other day pair are the LBJ v2 CG and for the rain or so the blk v and the flint xii and Tim's.

If you dont match your J's shoot your self......If you dont match your other shoes at all I hope you going to go some where noone will see you. whats the point of looking raggity??? shame on you guys that dont
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by erik328i

Never understood cleaning kicks on the bottom after wear, lol. I take great care of all my kicks and the only ones that have a clean bottom are the ones that have been deadstocked. Once I pull a pair out, the bottoms don't matter.

As for rotation and wear, I have a pair of wht/wht Reebok Workouts I wear for dirty work, and Tims for rain. Shoes with the most wear get the first consideration based on color coordination and such.If I'm going out, I usually keep 3 or 4 pairs of deadstocked wht/wht Forces and AM90s for the non-club events where they have a half-chance of not getting demolished.

The hardest thing for me to do is wear a shoe the first time. Even after that first wear they probably won't get put into heavy rotation such as my CG IVs which have been worn once a year and a half or so after their release.

Only reason I wouldn’t clean the bottoms if I was neverplanning on never reselling em I am happy I cleaned the bottoms of all my OGkicks every time cuz now 10 + years later I can sell em for way more. Plus if you’realready cleaning your shoes why not just scrub the bottoms for a few min it’sthe easiest part of the shoe to clean

Most of my collection consists of Jordans. I have a few classic Nike's somewhere that I pull out every few months, but 99.9% of my sneakers are Jordan's.

I usually wear them to/from work (i wear a suit 5 days a week) and just change clothes once I get there. Most people's reason for not wearing their kicks anymore is because of their jobs, but I make it a point to rock what I buy. If I can't see myself wearing it on an everyday basis, then I won't buy it.

Not one to go to extreme lengths to keep my shoes fresh; I just wear them. If I see them getting unsightly, then I wipe them off, but nothing like i used to back in the day (toothbrush/wetwipes spending 10min+ on each pair).

I've actually been wearing my Black/Metallic 5's from 07' a WHOLE lot recently. Like everyday for the past 3 weeks kind of thing. I like my sneakers to "pop", so I don't ever try to match my kicks. Instead, i just keep it true to myself and just know if it looks nice or not. I can't see myself rocking a pink polo with some Air Yeezy's for example. But a BBC/Bape tee with multiple colors makes a sick combination any day.

Sneakerfan1 hit the nail on the head. Buy what YOU like. You'll appreciate what you have and you won't nearly waste as much money on wack kicks. People who are just getting into buying sneakers get suckered by these stupid gimmicks. Don't believe the hype!

Most definitely have to match!!! But I try to have a rotation, it never works. I've been wearing my cdp xvii's a lot recently tho. And yes I clean my bottoms!!!!!!!

I actually just got back into the shoe game so I wear my chucks when its raining or gross outside but only wear my heat when it's sunny and dry. As it stands my collection nowadays is super low. First major cop was those Cool Greys back in 2010. I rocked those in my wedding. My jewels are jordans but I'm trying get my hands on a few air maxes here and there. I'm real upset I passed on those royal foamposites. I hate that hypebeasts and long lines have made even the simplest cops a f%$#ing nightmare. Luckily, my local shop lets me pay upfront for my kicks and just pick'em up on release day. I haven't had to stand in line for anything I've wanted in two years.

I just wear 'em and keep 'em clean. If you have enough kicks you'll never truly beat anything into the ground unless you're really trying to.

Curiousity: How do you guys lace your kicks?

Factory or your own way?

I like to keep mines laced like factory most of the time myself.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I wear all of my shoes, and the weird thing is I like my one's & three's to have a worn look ... call me crazy

3s and 5s with a worn look 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Factory laced for the most part. Most custom lace jobs scream, "I'm trying WAYY too hard to be different."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Curiousity: How do you guys lace your kicks?

Factory or your own way?

I like to keep mines laced like factory most of the time myself.
Laced them my own way.

Made it a habit to do them on every pair, when they're about to be worn.

I like to re-lace mine before wearing them. If they come factory laced and the ends aren't the same length, that bothers me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

I like to re-lace mine before wearing them. If they come factory laced and the ends aren't the same length, that bothers me
laugh.gif

Haha I couldn't agree more. I check the laces to see if they're even and I re-lace the entire shoe if it's off. Also, I HAVE to loosen the shoes up once I get them. They're always tied so tight that it looks like the shoes can barely breathe. 

I rock all of my shoes and match my clothes depending on what color scheme I'm trying to pull off. Mostly, because of my school colors, I've been rocking the Bulls black/red. The only kicks I duck walk in are my Concords, and I would NEVER wear them if I even remotely thought there was a small chance of getting them dirty. I've never played in any of my recent Jordan retros, but when I was younger during the o.g. run of the shoes, I did ball in them and wore them daily.

For my Kobe collection, I wear all of them, and it's a ritual of mine to wear them to play in the 1st week that I buy them. I do that to break-in the shoes, and get them to the point that I can wear them for extended periods of time (ie going to an amusement park). I have wide feet and need that break-in period to stretch out the shoes.

I have babywipes on me at all times: in my car, in my wife's car, in my backpack, etc. Trust me when I say that they're handy for a quick wipe down especially when you're wearing dangerously white shoes like Concords.

laugh.gif
Oddly enough, you're not the only crazy person who is bothered by this. Sometimes I just think, why the hell couldn't they just line it up after they lace them through the first set of holes??

Originally Posted by dclee78

laugh.gif
Oddly enough, you're not the only crazy person who is bothered by this. Sometimes I just think, why the hell couldn't they just line it up after they lace them through the first set of holes??

YES!
I hate this. I've noticed it when I purchased the Bordeaux and Orion 7s.

I usually take them out and re-lace factory still, with equal lace on each side.

Call me crazy.

i'm from LA and i wear my j's at least one day out of the week generally on weekends. I just make sure to stay away from water, dirt, mud, grass or anything that will mark the shoe. After wear I clean the shoe and let it dry out for a few hours then put in back into the boxes for storage. Also matching with my outfit is a must as well.

Originally Posted by jamazing

laugh.gif

Haha I couldn't agree more. I check the laces to see if they're even and I re-lace the entire shoe if it's off. Also, I HAVE to loosen the shoes up once I get them. They're always tied so tight that it looks like the shoes can barely breathe. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom