For Those Of You That Met Your BF/GF Online, Do You Lie About Where You Met Them?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just love how some of you are acting as if it is REALLY accepted. Yea folks DO it, but I don't think it is really acceptable to TELL people that you met your mate off of the internet. But you can tell yourselves it is ok if you want.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Honestly, what the +#%@ is the point of this thread then? [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] You need to go out and get some P instead of thinking of stupid topics to create on NT[/color]
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I think it's more embarrassing to be so insecure that you have to lie about where you met someone because you're so afraid of what other people will think. Is it that big of a deal? People meet online all the time and form serious bonds. If you can do business with a person who's thousands of miles away why not this?   

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

I just love how some of you are acting as if it is REALLY accepted. Yea folks DO it, but I don't think it is really acceptable to TELL people that you met your mate off of the internet. But you can tell yourselves it is ok if you want.
Honestly, what the +#%@ is the point of this thread then? 
laugh.gif
You need to go out and get some P instead of thinking of stupid topics to create on NT
smh.gif

ouch. An argument between two upper-midcarders. should be interesting to watch

Your opinion isn't any more valid than the next man though. I find it funny how you always project that your opinion is the way it is and anyone who disagrees with your narrow minded views are somehow convincing themselves of something.

if i met her online? no.

have i lied about where/how i met an ex before? yes.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Honestly, what the +#%@ is the point of this thread then? [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] You need to go out and get some P instead of thinking of stupid topics to create on NT[/color]
smh.gif
Shut the @$*! up. You do the same ##+!.

never done online dating but if i did i would say i met them online. no big deal, some people are a little too insecure.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Shut the @$*! up. You do the same ##+!.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Son, who the *%#@ are you? I've created probably 4 or 5 topics in my 7 years on NT.. Get off my $!$$ [/color]

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Okay, i'm dying @ this response
roll.gif

Me and my girl met thru Myspace back in 06. We discovered that we went to the same college and met up in person. Been hanging with her ever since. I've told friends and family we met thru Myspace and, to my knowledge, never heard anyone dog me about it.

yo i know PLENTY of folks that have got married to people they met online.... and no they dont play WoW
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I think it's more embarrassing to be so insecure that you have to lie about where you met someone because you're so afraid of what other people will think. Is it that big of a deal? People meet online all the time and form serious bonds. If you can do business with a person who's thousands of miles away why not this?

^nerd

I <3 u

Originally Posted by Club29

Honestly, what the +#%@ is the point of this thread then? 
laugh.gif
You need to go out and get some P instead of thinking of stupid topics to create on NT
smh.gif

laugh.gif

As for topic, honestly I would be a bit embarassed if I met my girl online. I know online "dating" isn't as taboo as it once was but it seems so impersonal to me.

How can someone be afraid or embarrassed to tell people you met your BF/GF online? Well that's just me...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Explain to me the correlation between the two. Me getting vagina and me creating threads. I will wait.

I am not knocking that it can be successful. That isn't what this thread was about.

Why would it be embrasassing? Maybe because people will look at you as someone that, "Couldn't get it done in the real world so he took it to the internet."

Espcially when talking to the OLDER folks that still don't subscribe to meeting people online and believe everyone online is a stalker or a seriel killer. It happens more now, but I still know MANY couples who don't admit it to the public. I am sure everyone knows that everyone else does it but to admit to it is a whole different ballgame.

I think if I did meet a female online, I wouldn't be comfortable telling people that I did. I would be embarassed. And that has NOTHING to do with the amount of success the relationship has experienced. The two aren't related here.

So lemme get this straight...

A fair amount of you feeling "cuffing, wifeing, and etc." a girl off the net is considered "taboo," and lack of a person's confidence or game. This is not limited to the numerous Myspace/Facebook "Can I borrow you sagas" and beasting/talking to random NT girls is apparently universally acceptable here. smh

Guess 'double standards' are the in thing these days.

Because it is accepted... Honestly though, how old are you?All your topics have such an old timer view on them. Dudes use Facebook ALL the time to talk to girls, those internet dating sites are huge. And now that I really think about it, it's not just an old timer viewpoint, but it shows a lot of insecurity if you really give a damn that you meant your BF/GF online.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Your opinion isn't any more valid than the next man though. I find it funny how you always project that your opinion is the way it is and anyone who disagrees with your narrow minded views are somehow convincing themselves of something.

damn i was gonna say the same thing...

judging by the responses i see we have alot of internet daters in here

if i was ever in the situation i would carry that secret to the grave

but on the same hand i dont have a prob with internet dating but some of u dudes be getting out of hand
wifing girls hundreds even thousands of miles away that you never even met

i met my girl online, i aint gonna lie. actually i am, we tell them we met at a grad party.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

damn i was gonna say the same thing...
So basically he's a bigot.... not such a good look, my dude

But I think he's aiight.. coming up with the most randomest %@$# ever

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FedExciter

judging by the responses i see we have alot of internet daters online

if i was ever in the situation i would carry that secret to the grave

but on the same hand i dont have a prob with internet dating but some of u dudes be getting out of hand
wifing girls hundreds even thousands of miles away that you never even met
those are the desperate dudes who cant find wifey. my radius is 10-25 miles away from me, no cuffing, just strictly business.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom