For Those Of You That Met Your BF/GF Online, Do You Lie About Where You Met Them?

Originally Posted by FedExciter

judging by the responses i see we have alot of internet daters in here

if i was ever in the situation i would carry that secret to the grave

but on the same hand i dont have a prob with internet dating but some of u dudes be getting out of hand
wifing girls hundreds even thousands of miles away that you never even met
I'm sorry, but that's an extreme example that is no where near the norm... At all.

Originally Posted by eight2one

i met my girl online, i aint gonna lie. actually i am, we tell them we met at a grad party.
Why do you lie? What is there to me ashamed of?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

YO, K

10 is the new 3 homay....

just found this out.

lol
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

but on the same hand i dont have a prob with internet dating but some of u dudes be getting out of hand
I'm sorry, but that's an extreme example that is no where near the norm... At all.

your buggin if u dont think theres a bunch of dudes dying to wife chicks in diffrent states they never even met

hell it even happens here on NT

your buggin if u dont think theres a bunch of dudes dying to wife chicks in diffrent states they never even met

like he said it happens but thats not the norm...

Not sayin' I don't think it happens, but it's not really the norm at all. It's not the case the majority of the time.

some are embarrassed ... i think its pretty cool ... i'm not a fan of dating ...

i got a gf ... but if someone said tell me what you like and i'll give you a handful of choices of women that fit your criteria ... why not ...

why lie ... if it helps you find someone that makes u happy
pimp.gif

I met my girl on myspace && 3 years later we still together. Yeah I lied a bit at first but lets be honest who doesnt lie about stuff to make em seem better then they really are. yeah tho interwebz datin is cool in my book

DCAllAmerican wrote:
I think if I did meet a female online, I wouldn't be comfortable telling people that I did. I would be embarassed.

This sums it up right here. You have always come across as a very insecure male. It resonates in almost every topic you create whether you realize it or not. Most members on this board are adolescent males and that share your insecurities, so it's only logical that you create most of your topics to reinforce your precariousness.  

We all have our insecurities. I wouldn't consider myself VERY insecure. It depends on the subject matter. But I do care about my reputation and others' opinion about me. I think that is more realistic.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
We all have our insecurities. I wouldn't consider myself VERY insecure. It depends on the subject matter. But I do care about my reputation and others' opinion about me. I think that is more realistic.
True, every person has insecurities. From what I have gathered in the topics that you have created is that you are an extremely insecure individual. Now I don't know you and am not claiming to, but from reading a lot of your post, it's safe to draw this conclusion. Your signature is just more evidence of this. Your obsession with gender role is another prime example of how insecure you are. It's sad how wrapped up you are in what others think or may think of you. Something tells me the real you lives in a closet of fear and your day to day actions and behavior are strategically planned so others won't think any less of you.     

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just love how some of you are acting as if it is REALLY accepted. Yea folks DO it, but I don't think it is really acceptable to TELL people that you met your mate off of the internet. But you can tell yourselves it is ok if you want.
I don't think they would care so long as they've found someone they care about...
DCAllAmerican wrote:
I think if I did meet a female online, I wouldn't be comfortable telling people that I did. I would be embarassed.

that's b/c you actually care about what strangers think of you.

So because gender based discussions trigger a high interest, that means I am VERY insecure? Not understanding the logic behind that at all. But you are entitled to use broken pencils to draw your own conclusions.

Lol. We all know that it seems lame to say that you met your girl online. It gives off the vibe that you can't meet chicks in person so you resorted to that. Personally, I think it's proactive and smart. The only problem is that not ENOUGH women that in the younger age range, 18-25 seem to use it to actually meet guys. They just make profiles and like to get gassed up and think of it as online version of a club. I think meeting someone you have things in common with makes a lot more logical sense, than just trying to date that slizzue you tongue tasted at the bar last weekend ya dig?

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

The only problem is that not ENOUGH women that in the younger age range, 18-25 seem to use it to actually meet guys. They just make profiles and like to get gassed up and think of it as online version of a club
Funny how times have changed. Back in the day meeting girls off of AOL and/or Blackplanet was too damn easy. But it does seem like they are only in it for the attention

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So because gender based discussions trigger a high interest, that means I am VERY insecure? 
I like how you attempted to turn that around. Your replies in the gender role threads have lead me to draw those conclusions.

Insecure is an interest word of choice though. Narrow-minded, old-fashioned. Ok I can live with that. But what about how I reply in those topics lead you to say I am very insecure? Explain if you can please. I think I am very secure in my skin as a man. VERY secure. As I said, as a human I have certain insecurities, but when it comes to me being a MAN I am never ashamed about that one bit. Maybe you see it differently.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I don't see where the shame lies in meeting someone online. It's a completely acceptable meeting-place.

I disagree. I would say meeting someone online gives off the impression you are a social recluse and also gives of a creepy vibe. It is taboo in our society for a reason.

dwight_schrute-767272.jpg

False.

It hasn't been "taboo" ever. You're probably just using the word wrong. Meeting people online IS socially acceptable and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In the beginning it started with those stupid chatrooms and I do agree that in the beginning, it was a place for socially awkward people to meet socially awkward people, but everyone uses the internet. Dating has gone digital. Maybe you're too young to really understand the dating scene, but it gets old quick. I personally have never tried online dating but a number of my friends, male and female, have used it and have met some great people.

It's funny that meeting people online was usually reserved for the "social recluse" that "gives off a creepy vibe", but now, the people who try it are considered open-minded.
QFT

I just see it as if you really care that much about how people look at you and think of you then lie. I met my girl online. Everyone who we know knows that. Do I think that makes me look desperate or what have you, no. Not to sound cocky or anything but I've had girls before I met the girl I'm with now that I didn't meet online. I just wanted to try something different. If people think that's me being desperate or somehow that show I'm some kind of social outcast I could care less. That's just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom