For you older dudes, where do you rock your J's?

To the basketball court......they are basketball shoes. Some I just get out and look @ though.

COOK # 45
get fit.

thanks for the responses guys

I guess my problem is that when I go out on weekends nowadays I wear jeans and some low top casual shoes, either Air Max, Pumas, Diesels etc

I don't like how J's look with jeans

in the past, I would wear basketball shorts with J's all day long when I was in school

now I feel like I'm too old to be going out lookin like I'm ready for the coach to put me in the game
roll.gif

I love my J's so much, I might just have to learn to wear them with jeans

I do graphic design, since we don't need to deal with clients or buyers, we are allow to where anything we want...well almost everything. Anyway, I wear myJs almost everyday with jeans.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

I guess my problem is that when I go out on weekends nowadays I wear jeans and some low top casual shoes, either Air Max, Pumas, Diesels etc

in the past, I would wear basketball shorts with J's all day long when I was in school

now I feel like I'm too old to be going out lookin like I'm ready for the coach to put me in the game
roll.gif

I sorta feel the same way as you.

I sometimes put on a pair of jordans I think will go good with something then end up staring at them when I put them on and I immediately take them off becauseI just don't like how they look imo and end up with some lebrons or other nikes....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

on the weekends. theres no need to dress fancy on the weekends.

thats me....well i dress "fancy" on weekends too but when im just out running errands etc i wear my jordans etc.

roll.gif

just wear them casually, i tend to feel the same way wearing them with jeans, so i mostly stick with basketball shorts but ill manage to wearjordans with jeans come winter time.

this is the part of getting older that sucks. from 1994 when i was 9 until about 2007 i used to collect jerseys just as much if not more then i collect shoesbut as i got older i was like, "damn this stuff fits way too big on me" ive tried to respark the interest by buying a couple of things in my actualsize but it just isn't what it once was.

getting older ftl

late 20's here as well, mostly wear my jay's to play ball and at work coz we really don't have any dress code in our office, but my rotation isaround 5 jays; i bust out a few every now and then during special occasions etc

fact of the matter is you switched your style up (not for the worse, just matured thats all) luckily some of us have jobs that allow us to rock jays to work,but for those who don't, I could see how the love fades away slowly.
it all boils down to the fact that when you do have a chance to wear whatever shoes you want, you have chosen to go with a more mature, casual,sophisticated look, and you have put the "air jordan" days behind you.

either way, keep some of your pairs that you truly love... I would hate to see you regret giving away your meaningful pairs
frown.gif

just my opinion OP, sorry to sound "dr phil" lol...

im 27, and i rock my jays when i go out to the clubs. i always get complements on my kicks when i am out, and when there is a dress code most bouncers let mein with my sneakers as they tell me how they used to rock those joints as a kid.

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. I'm in same boat as you though brotha. Wore grapes out to movies and resturant last night.

I'm done with college
I have a 9-5 type job

I'm in my later 20s

I'm starting to have less and less opportunity to wear my J's.

Most of the time I'm rockin dress shoes or like some Diesels, Pumas or Creative Rec's

give me some ideas of when you guys find time to wear J's, cuz I'm starting to think I've outgrown them

I feel the same way fam, my problem is I have 40 pairs+. The places I do enjoy going have dress codes & I don't want to unDS em just to go2 the mall& I'm starting to get tired of walking funny to not get em dirty & watching others so they don't scuff my shoes!!! I have DS I's, II's,IV's, VII's, X's, XI's, XII's, XIII's & XIX's. But I will probably hold on to em until I see what 2010 will bring

I'm in my early 30s, but I am a graphic designer, and we have a VERY relaxed dress code. So I wear mine every day.

Back
Top Bottom