Forcing JB to lower the prices

i dont see how u can "force" a huge company do anything... go on strike? =| good luck with that

Hypebeast make the prices like crack. Look how quickly lebrons hit 150...by the 23rd lebron(if it happens) they're gonna be 500 a pop.

Originally Posted by jordan23lilelias4

Have you ever thought that everyone on NT could go on strike for 1 release making them put the shoes on discount?
They would have no choice, and if anyone could pull off this stunt...NT could
For example: a decent Countdown pack, like the 5/18 pack.(not the most popular, but not the worst) we could not buy the pack and wait until they put them on sale and then buy em...
What are your thoughts NT?

laugh.gif
good luck with that
eyes.gif

niketalk (staff) need 2 do something
and on some real, when I was brand new I used 2 look up 2 you guys...

if jb lowers his prices then people would reallythink how crappy these are really put together but if theprices stay put then people will still percievejordans as a luxury line and why complain if he dropped the prices they would probably b more crappy than mauburys which i wouldnt even ballin in i lovejordans but i also love quality i got the century editions converses much better quality than anything jb dropped for the last 5 years

its all about quality not quantity when it comes to me put on the all stars and thats wat jb lacks nobody wants plastic sneakers whic is basically wat the allstars

jordan prices should stay the same but we r not just paying for the name but we should know jb stands for top quality air forces seemtobe bettr put togethernow a days than retroes y i feel they should stay also you got alot more crappy sneaker companies putting out worst products like supra greedygenius creativerecreations which cost on average about the same price as a jordan and actually seems more pop than jordans here in ny i feel thats why they sued some companythe other daybecause they feel theyare losing they steak on the streets slowly but surelyalot mre competition

i forgot about bape which is basically a af1 with a star on it which i am sure makes millions each year think nike should drop the price on the af1 now whichhas canapulted in the last decade as with there price af1 cause 2 times what i am use to paying same with the dunk you have to pay 3 times the price to get agood quality dunk now a days and its not a mistake just marketing y not or like bape some one will do it for them

I'm all for a strike...just make sure that you all strike when the 11/12 pack comes out - cause I HAVE TO GET THAT PACK!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sammy863dade

this could work for online releases lol thats the only way it would hurt jb directly

Seriously! That seems like the only releases that do not sell and end up in outlets!

(For example: Any and every Flight Club Release! hah... What a JOKE!)
smh.gif

Bad idea for real life j-heads since all the grimey resellers(a few on NT) would take full advantage
laugh.gif

i was thinking this today actually when i looked at my spizikes, i was like why are these so expensive? then i look back at jordans back in 01 when they werelike 80 bucks for the aj1s and 100 for the 3s and 110 for the xis, they have gotten out of control with their prices but w-e ppl still buy and they still makemoney

Besides a few of the CDPs isnt NT pretty much doing that as it is? I don't think that very many NTers are buying Fusions...

i dont see how u can "force" a huge company do anything... go on strike? =| good luck with that
It amazes me that people don't realize the purchasing power we all have as consumers.

NT makes up a big enough chunk of any given release that JB would take notice when the sales numbers were effected. Even if it was only 15%

I think it's a great idea and would be down to take part if we could just rally around 1 release in particular (which would be the tough part). Toeveryone who's convinced it wouldn't work - how would we know until we tried?

Thats the funny part about NT - people complain about the quality but just cop whatever releases like sheep. If their not putting out a quality product weshouldn't reward them with our money. They'll get the picture real quick if their sales start to plummet. Why would they just do the right thing, noone is telling them (by boycotting) that they have to.

Take for example the Mars IV. I copped, but I was so let down w/ the quality (shape, non-parallel netting, cheap leather, lack of nike air, rubber wing taps)there is no way on God's green earth that I'm shellin' out $310 for the IV/XIX pack. I'll continue to skip many releases on principle untilthey clean up their act. Sneakers are not a necessity, their a luxury item.

this boycott will never work. you first have to realize JB's marketing strategy. jordan shoes are considered a luxury item like true religion jeans, or agucci purse. JB is the luxury item of the athletic world. that being said, how often have you know gucci, or rolex or some other luxury brand to have a sale???they dont! the fact that these items are expensive and not everyone has or can afford them is the reason why they are successful. so JB will NEVER lowerprices, they will just change their marketing stratey. if people stop buying jordan products they will do things to try and regain customers. stuff likerelease the infared VI & black and grey IX. they will start making stuff extremely limited so that it creates hype. they will do quickstrikes of all of ourfavorite shoes. that's how they will get people to buy, not by lowering prices. so if we wanna boycott, lets boycott so we can get the shoes that we want,because boycotting to get prices lowered wont work.

Originally Posted by versache530

this boycott will never work. you first have to realize JB's marketing strategy. jordan shoes are considered a luxury item like true religion jeans, or a gucci purse. JB is the luxury item of the athletic world. that being said, how often have you know gucci, or rolex or some other luxury brand to have a sale??? they dont! the fact that these items are expensive and not everyone has or can afford them is the reason why they are successful. so JB will NEVER lower prices, they will just change their marketing stratey. if people stop buying jordan products they will do things to try and regain customers. stuff like release the infared VI & black and grey IX. they will start making stuff extremely limited so that it creates hype. they will do quickstrikes of all of our favorite shoes. that's how they will get people to buy, not by lowering prices. so if we wanna boycott, lets boycott so we can get the shoes that we want, because boycotting to get prices lowered wont work.

I agree with everything you said....

Going on strike for one, two or even three releases wouldn't make them lower the prices. JB has been successful for too long just for them to change theirprices based on one failed release. They've had many failed releases and that particular shoe may go to outlets, but that won't effect the price of thenext release in an way. Now, if they saw a slump in sales for about six months, that could send them a message, but that ain't going to happen.

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

Going on strike for one, two or even three releases wouldn't make them lower the prices.

^ Funny how people interpret the concept of 'strike'
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Wouldn't work...

a) many people on NT would ignore the boycott (taking advantage of the perceived increase in ease of obtaining the shoe/pack)
b) there are easily enough people outside of NT that would still buy the shoe/pack to make any NT boycott pointless

Good thought, unfortunately it doesn't seem practical

Exactly

Back
Top Bottom