Found a atm card in the machine Vol. over 30k

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

What atms require you to insert your card and leave it in there during transaction? Every one I have ever dealt with you just swipe your card or insert it then pull it out immediately in one motion. And when it asks for another transaction, you still have to put the pin in again anyways
Every ATM I've ever used keeps the card in the machine. And true on the re-enter the PIN part, because people hit wrong buttons all the time, and also forget their choices. Even if a receipt prints, it's for the one single transaction. It's not like ATMs print out itemized receipts of everything.

Don't do it because of fear of karma's repercussion, but because you're a good person.

Karma is fake, btw. It's all mental when you try to relate each situation to your good/bad acts. There's nothing that forces a balance between one and the other.

Karma is like Santa Claus for adults that don't know better.

I just lost my credit card this weekend and some a-hole spend over $400 on it. Not everyone is as nice as the OP but there are some jerks that will for sure take advantage. Props to you though.

Atms with BOA don't require you to re-enter a pin after 1 transaction unless you remove the card.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

ya'll act like the FBI is gonna be after him since they got cameras
it's $100 he would take, not 1,000,000,000
laugh.gif
>pretending his identity won't be reveal
>pretending the owner won't press charges

>2011

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yes the owner is gonna find out it was him and he's gonna be sentenced to 34 years in prison for the $20 he stole

If black or brown

80% chance that that happens

you saved him an atm card. those machines eat the card after a while if you dont take it out. happened to me a few years ago. they called me and told me they shredded the card
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

>pretending his identity won't be reveal
>pretending the owner won't press charges

>2011

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yes the owner is gonna find out it was him and he's gonna be sentenced to 34 years in prison for the $20 he stole

If black or brown

80% chance that that happens
Dunno why but this made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Too much risk. Especially if it's like NYC where you have to swipe your card just to get into the ATM area at night

Was this a debit card or just an ATM card?

If debit and 30k in checking, I feel like thats just asking for trouble if the wrong hands got a hold of the debit card.

Good move though, OP.

in the beginning of April a man on a gigantic business acct came to cop a new phone from me and wrote all the CC info down on a peice of paper... CVC n all...

left it there... still have it

for about 6 months scenarios have been goin through my head on what to buy n how to do it so insanely discreetly itd be impossible to get caught but jus in case keep it under 2gs so its notta federal offense. i decided that the best thing to do would be spend it at a head shop... no cameras plus employees that most likely arnt paying attention to the details.

Go in and pick out most insane bong they have... 500
illest vape... 750

act intrested tell clerk bs story about how there for a frat house or sumthin, leave store.

cpl hrs later call from phonebooth... ask clerk if i can give him my cc info over the phone cuz i dont have time to come back down (big sale hell be eager). use said card. tell him my g/f will be in to pick it up... dueces.

that was the last most complete low risk idea i had anyway
laugh.gif

*goes to paper shredder*

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

You did that right thing fam. Karma is a #%$@@ imaginary unicorn.
Fixed.

And to those asking what machines hold the card?

Chase, Wells Fargo and BofA do this.

Only ones I haven't seen do this, that simply swipe your card and spit it back out are those non-affiliate kiosks such as the liquor stores or clubs have

it would have asked you to re-enter the pin like others said. good for you doing the right thing though

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

You did that right thing fam. Karma is a #%$@@ imaginary unicorn.
Fixed.

And to those asking what machines hold the card?

Chase, Wells Fargo and BofA do this.

Only ones I haven't seen do this, that simply swipe your card and spit it back out are those non-affiliate kiosks such as the liquor stores or clubs have

At chase I dip, then remove

What atms require you to insert your card and leave it in there during transaction? Every one I have ever dealt with you just swipe your card or insert it then pull it out immediately in one motion. And when it asks for another transaction, you still have to put the pin in again anyways

Exactly. Never seen one where you leave the card, doesn't exist. I have Chase and Bank of America.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Exactly. Never seen one where you leave the card, doesn't exist. I have Chase and Bank of America.
This thread has come up before.

Bank of america in the state of MD makes you leave your ATM card in the machine.  They also don't require a PIN re-enter for "Make another transations"

There are camera's on every ATM and in the parking lot
 - man reports money stolen
 - they see which atm
 - see your face on atm cam
 - see your car, put license plate in system
 - you casually get your plates run a week later and get arrested for theft (this is real life)

Man can then sue you when he gets the call they have you apprehended.  It is not as hard as it seems to catch the person.

I've never heard of swiping at an ATM. Where do they do that?
I've always had to leave my card in the machine until the transaction is over. 

Additional transactions also don't require a re-entering of the PIN. So, he could have easily taken the money. 

Good on you OP. Plus if you DID take the cash, ATMs nowadays have cams in the machine they can look back at in any event that dude reports it. 

Back
Top Bottom