Found a atm card in the machine Vol. over 30k

karma is make-believe. you did the right thing because that would've been theft, and you wouldve been caught.

Had this happen before like 2 times. Once at my campuses dude was late to class ran off without even noticing gave the banker his card and left. Felt good that whole day. Second time was just some random blue collar dude who was to busy reading his statement and left his card in there ran after him to give him his card back dude almost had a heart attack when I handed his card back.

But if I find a wallet on the floor with cash believe I'm taking the cash and turning in the wallet lol
frown.gif

This happened to me at Pentagon Mall in VA, over black friday weekend. As someone mentioned, certain BOA's in VA do this. In my case, the previous user was nowhere around..I just ejected the card and snapped it. Leaving it in case the person came back.

you wouldnt have been able to pull out more than a few hundred bucks,
laugh.gif
at dudes thinking he could pull out all the 30 racks

Awesome job OP, you're a good man. I left my business debit card in a machine once and someone returned it to the bank.....got a call 5 minutes after leaving it there. It's refreshing to see that there are more people with integrity out there. I would have done the same thing.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

You did that right thing fam. Karma is a #%$@@ imaginary unicorn.
Fixed.

And to those asking what machines hold the card?

Chase, Wells Fargo and BofA do this.

Only ones I haven't seen do this, that simply swipe your card and spit it back out are those non-affiliate kiosks such as the liquor stores or clubs have

Not anymore bro, Chase just asks you to slide your card, unless some of the old WAMU locations didn't get new machines. 
Oh yeah, in response to the topic, I would have done the same thing. 

Same thing happen to me a while back. They left the card in the atm and it was on the screen where you can withdraw money. I thought about it for a quick second. Then I just press return card and went inside and gave the card to the bank. You really can't get away with taking money out. The atm machine has cameras and so does the bank parking lot. Plus the most you can withdraw from the atm machine at my bank is like $500.

Originally Posted by Freeze

karma is make-believe. you did the right thing because that would've been theft, and you wouldve been caught.

This.
Doing good things for the sake of doing them. 

Back
Top Bottom