found a wallet with 740 bucks inside ....

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I dont see why people think she should have been obligated to give him any money at all.
He wasn't obligated to return the wallet.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I dont see why people think she should have been obligated to give him any money at all.
He wasn't obligated to return the wallet.

Originally Posted by Demps

If she lived in the hood I would of not even accepted those 5 bucks.

but if she was well off I would of taken the money and then went to go return her purse.

Originally Posted by Demps

If she lived in the hood I would of not even accepted those 5 bucks.

but if she was well off I would of taken the money and then went to go return her purse.

you are a good dude.

I, personally, am your antithesis.

i would have 740 dollars and a brand spanking new credit profile.
i know she had her SS card in there too.

did she have credit cards?

sweet baby jesus... im drooling over here.

you are a good dude.

I, personally, am your antithesis.

i would have 740 dollars and a brand spanking new credit profile.
i know she had her SS card in there too.

did she have credit cards?

sweet baby jesus... im drooling over here.

We need more people like you in the world OP,Good @%$% 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I put it this way.

If it was just cash laying in an envelope with no information on it that could be linked to someone, I would keep it.

But when it comes to IDs and CCs and all that stuff, I woulda turned it in, coulda been your mom and the 740 could have been for her mortgage.

I put it this way.

If it was just cash laying in an envelope with no information on it that could be linked to someone, I would keep it.

But when it comes to IDs and CCs and all that stuff, I woulda turned it in, coulda been your mom and the 740 could have been for her mortgage.

I would have returned it too. But I'm in solid financial shape. $740 ain't gonna change my life either way.

I don't think you can't knock anyone for taking the dough if they were struggling. If that's the difference between you getting evicted, or having to pile on more CC debt, I can't really hate on it.

I would have returned it too. But I'm in solid financial shape. $740 ain't gonna change my life either way.

I don't think you can't knock anyone for taking the dough if they were struggling. If that's the difference between you getting evicted, or having to pile on more CC debt, I can't really hate on it.

You probably made her week giving back her wallet. Just the fact that she gave you a $5 is nice because you damn well someone would have said thank you and not give you anything at all. 
pimp.gif
I would have sat there like
eek.gif
what to do, what to do.

You probably made her week giving back her wallet. Just the fact that she gave you a $5 is nice because you damn well someone would have said thank you and not give you anything at all. 
pimp.gif
I would have sat there like
eek.gif
what to do, what to do.

Props to you for doing the right thing. I think I posted it in a confessions thread on here but back when I was in like 7th or 8th grade one of my friends left his wallet at this kid's house and we took the money (like $30) and split it and threw away his wallet.
30t6p3b.gif
x 1000 @ myself. If I knew somebody that did that now I would definitely look down on them.

I found a guy's wallet a couple years ago next to a dining hall on campus and looked up his email and gave it back to him. I didn't even look to see if there was money in it or not. I don't know why but doing good/honest things like that makes me feel really good and renews my faith in myself
laugh.gif

Props to you for doing the right thing. I think I posted it in a confessions thread on here but back when I was in like 7th or 8th grade one of my friends left his wallet at this kid's house and we took the money (like $30) and split it and threw away his wallet.
30t6p3b.gif
x 1000 @ myself. If I knew somebody that did that now I would definitely look down on them.

I found a guy's wallet a couple years ago next to a dining hall on campus and looked up his email and gave it back to him. I didn't even look to see if there was money in it or not. I don't know why but doing good/honest things like that makes me feel really good and renews my faith in myself
laugh.gif

I wish I found 740 bucks on the ground...straight keeping.
Send the wallet back with 100 bucks on the doorstep.

I wish I found 740 bucks on the ground...straight keeping.
Send the wallet back with 100 bucks on the doorstep.

Good job OP. You have self respect and integrity. Earn your money the right way. That's the way to do it. (Gives pound to OP)

Good job OP. You have self respect and integrity. Earn your money the right way. That's the way to do it. (Gives pound to OP)

At least this confirms that there are lots of scumbag-esque folks out there.
Treat honest folks better than you'd like yourself to be treated and treat the scumbags worse than dirt.
In the end everything works out.
laugh.gif

At least this confirms that there are lots of scumbag-esque folks out there.
Treat honest folks better than you'd like yourself to be treated and treat the scumbags worse than dirt.
In the end everything works out.
laugh.gif

I lost a $5k chip at Caesars Palace a few months ago and someone found it and returned it. I was literally in shock. Since then, I've vowed that going forward, I will return anything and everything I find.

Back
Top Bottom