• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Whoever's responsible for this has no sense of compelling marketing
they really should give the keys to dude from deadpool.. even with them showing so much beforehand in the marketing, that movie was EASILY the best fox marvel movie to date

and extremely rewatchable

need to give it some thought on whether it cracks my top 8 for CBMs.. but really it's only the following that enter the convo with MCU films:

deadpool, first 2 Nolan batmans, blade 2, spiderman 2, hell boy movies and some graphic novel movies

I mean I'd give it a watch just for Quicksilver, Cyke and Magneto but prepare for an underwhelming villain, underwhelming fight coreography, and entirely too much JLaw

they really should give the keys to dude from deadpool.. even with them showing so much beforehand in the marketing, that movie was EASILY the best fox marvel movie to date

and extremely rewatchable

need to give it some thought on whether it cracks my top 8 for CBMs.. but really it's only the following that enter the convo with MCU films:

deadpool, first 2 Nolan batmans, blade 2, spiderman 2, hell boy movies and some graphic novel movies

I don't know if Deadpool is "easily" the best movie from Fox Marvel. It was great when it came out but I find myself passing it up to watch something else. It's ran its course for me. I still watch X-2 when I can and I watch the opening to DOFP all the time. I say opening because I normally fall asleep as it's usually at night and it's a long movie lol. But that Charles meets Charles scene.. gets me every time.

Opening scene of x2 with nightcrawler is great.. but first 2 xmen get way to much credit and benefit from everyone just wanting to see such a large part of their childhoods on the big screen

They were meh at best.. first class is the best xmen film.. but singer was the producer so Vaughn couldn't do a real first class

Transformers also benefits from this nostalgia element

Comic book movies have gotten better, so singer/fox don't get a pass anymore.. ditto DC/wb (would think DC/wb would value quality over all else after their experience with various people for batman movies)

Last edited:
Opening scene of x2 with nightcrawler is great.. but first 2 xmen get way to much credit and benefit from everyone just wanting to see such a large part of their childhoods on the big screen

They were meh at best.. first class is the best xmen film.. but singer was the producer so Vaughn couldn't do a real first class

Transformers also benefits from this nostalgia element

Comic book movies have gotten better, so singer/fox don't get a pass anymore.. ditto DC/wb (would think DC/wb would value quality over all else after their experience with various people for batman movies)

That's one way to look at it. Another way is X-2 is just dated. It's easy to point at X-2s flaws because look where we're at now? X-2 had a solid script and the mansion invasion scene was amazing, from the girl screaming to Kitty's phasing to get away, to finally getting a peak at a savage Wolverine.

First Class biggest flaw is.. well, not being "First Class". Also, for it's time, the effects were horrible.

DOFP is the only movie I'd even consider over X-2. The future scenes and the brutality of the X-MEN deaths along with Quicksilver's scene were dope (was in my feels over the deaths lol). Then of course the great speeches and portrayals delivered by Fassbender and McAvoy. Also, I loved the movies score.

At this point DP probably is the best FOX Marvel movie.

The bar is low.

DP got better action than X2. Not really a better story but meh.

Logan.jpg

Naw the last Xmen trailers were crap.

i like how his line is a metaphor for his wolverine roles :lol:

"God made me last too long" :lol:

At this point DP is EASILY the best FOX Marvel movie.

Fixed

And Spiderman movies are "dated", but that has more to do with raimi being raimi.. xmen movies should have been played straight like T2, jaws and Jurassic park (all movies that still hold up and dealt with obvious limitations).. could also throw blade and hellboy in that mix too

Back
Top Bottom