Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I think the biggest hint to what's happened is.. Charles. Them saying he can't control his powers is what I'm referring to.

If I had to guess, Charles unknowingly kills off most mutants and depowers the rest after having some kind of psychotic break or something. Wolverine still has his adamantium and claws (like in the episode of the 90s cartoon where they travel to the Savage Land to free Charles and Magneto from Sinister), but has severe pain retracting them (because no healing power) so he doesn't use them any longer, also his rapid aging is becayse of not having his mutant power any longer.

How would Professor X stop people from having their powers?
A mental block, he's shown before he can control the powers of others but I highly doubt Charles has anything to do with why there's no more mutants.

Logan even says something like let somebody else do it or others will show up so there probably still are some mutants left.

A mental block, he's shown before he can control the powers of others but I highly doubt Charles has anything to do with why there's no more mutants.

Logan even says something like let somebody else do it or others will show up so there probably still are some mutants left.

In the second one with the power of cerebro he does have the power to kill all mutants, but again that wouldn't explain why him, Logan and others are alive.

Either way I like the idea of a mini messiah complex thing where everyone is after X-23 but that's a long shot

I think the biggest hint to what's happened is.. Charles. Them saying he can't control his powers is what I'm referring to.

If I had to guess, Charles unknowingly kills off most mutants and depowers the rest after having some kind of psychotic break or something. Wolverine still has his adamantium and claws (like in the episode of the 90s cartoon where they travel to the Savage Land to free Charles and Magneto from Sinister), but has severe pain retracting them (because no healing power) so he doesn't use them any longer, also his rapid aging is becayse of not having his mutant power any longer.
in this movie he still has his healing factor. It's just diminished from what it once was. Him not using his claws is probably do to some other trauma and him not wanting to be Wolverine anymore

I do hope that the movie has other mutants though. I'm not too interested in a self contained story just about Logan. I need some cameos

in this movie he still has his healing factor. It's just diminished from what it once was. Him not using his claws is probably do to some other trauma and him not wanting to be Wolverine anymore

I do hope that the movie has other mutants though. I'm not too interested in a self contained story just about Logan. I need some cameos

Nah I'm kinda amped for more self contained movie.

My thoughts are just based off the trailer alone. With all those scars and wounds on his back and face along with the holes in his flesh where his claws retract, AND his rapid aging, I don't think he has his mutant power any longer. It's only been a year since the end of the DOFP so the diminishing angle I just don't see. It's more like it's gone.

I don't see him not wanting to be Wolverine angle. He's been not wanting to be Wolverine for a while now. That was part of the store in the last movie, only to declare that he is Wolverine.

My thoughts are just based off the trailer alone. With all those scars and wounds on his back and face along with the holes in his flesh where his claws retract, AND his rapid aging, I don't think he has his mutant power any longer. It's only been a year since the end of the DOFP so the diminishing angle I just don't see. It's more like it's gone.

I don't see him not wanting to be Wolverine angle. He's been not wanting to be Wolverine for a while now. That was part of the store in the last movie, only to declare that he is Wolverine.
The director has said he still has it but it's diminished

Also it's probably best to not associate it with DOFP. Because both him and Charles are much older than they were in it. My personal universes are

Wolverine 1,X1, X2, the wolverine,Logan(2024)

First class, DOFP, Apocalypse, Ending scene of DoFP(2024)

Jean was killed by Logan as we see in a flashback of Wolverine 2, where as she is still alive in the end of DOFP along with Scott. Charles and Logan were younger at the end of DOFP but in Logan they are both aged 20 years and it's the same time.

Last edited:
Could this be it, the first good Wolverine solo film ?

*Fingers crossed * No way this can be worse than the other ones.

We gonna have to bust out the pens and start drawing on napkins :lol:

So we talking 2024 the timeline where the sentinels have destroyed the world? The one they fixed right?

Last edited:
We gonna have to bust out the pens and start drawing on napkins :lol:

So we talking 2024 the timeline where the sentinels have destroyed the world? The one they fixed right?

Yes. The end of DOFP where everything was fixed and Logan wakes up in the mansion with everyone alive and well is 2023/2024. Only a year or less has passed.

Takes you back to what Hank was talking about in DOFP. Mutants may not be enslaved but something else has happened in its place.

I'm sticking to my gut feeling about Charles causing this. Having him in the Scarlett Witch role.

Last edited:

In the second one with the power of cerebro he does have the power to kill all mutants, but again that wouldn't explain why him, Logan and others are alive.

Either way I like the idea of a mini messiah complex thing where everyone is after X-23 but that's a long shot
I know he has the power to kill them. I didn't say he can't do it.

I'm saying I highly doubt he has anything to do with there not being mutants anymore if it is even true there aren't mutants anymore.

Killing every mutants on earth with Cerebro wouldn't prevent new mutants from being born and emerging anyway.

Yes. The end of DOFP where everything was fixed and Logan wakes up in the mansion with everyone alive and well is 2023/2024. Only a year or less has passed.

Takes you back to what Hank was talking about in DOFP. Mutants may not be enslaved but something else has happened in its place.

Ima need a memory jogm what did hank say when did that happen in the movie?

Ima need a memory jogm what did hank say when did that happen in the movie?

The scene after the Charles meets Charles scene. The time ripple effect. It's like they replaced one tragedy with another. One timeline it was the Sentinels. The new timeline it's whatever this is.

Last edited:
It's not out of the question Charles caused it all. Scarlett Witch with her "no more mutants" depowered like 90% of mutants and caused more not to be born. I can definitely see them having Charles in that role. It's Fox. It's not like they care how lol.

^Exactly. They probably different ideas from all the X-Men storyarcs and made Logan.

Fox is going out with a bang lol.

Wolverine's healing factor always was attributed to his long life. He's hundreds of years old. but also remember among everything else his body healed itself from, the adamantium process is still a "wound" his body is constantly healing. So it makes it work in overdrive. Eventually diminishing his healing ability as the years went on.

that said this trailer looks fantastic!!!! The non comic book feel really works well with this story.

i hope, really really hope X-23 has claws.

Also I hope the reavers and Donald Pierce are some similar version of the comic. Watching this trailer reminded me of one of my favorite covers from back in the day:

View media item 2204579

Back
Top Bottom