• Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
You wasn't trying to see my cable iceman guile/cyclops

As much as I love all thing Jim Lee. His outfit wasn't the best for cable

Last edited:
Fox feeling confident, they got 3 films for 2018...

In a surprise announcement just moments ago, the studio confirmed release dates for New Mutants, which will bow on April 13, 2018, followed by Deadpool 2 on June 1, 2018, and finally, ending the year with, the now-official X-Men: Dark Phoenix on November 2, 2018.

Looking ahead to the competition, Josh Boone's New Mutants, which is set to begin production next month, will open against an Untitled Universal Classic Monsters Movie and will also likely face some heat from Walt Disney Pictures' A Wrinkle in Time, which opens the prior and Warner Bros.' Dwayne Johnson-led Rampage, which debuts the following weekend.

David Leitch's Deadpool sequel, which will see the return of Golden Globe-nominee Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with a Mouth while adding Academy Award-nominee Josh Brolin as Cable and Zazie Beetz as Domino, won't see any competition in its first frame but might ultimately see diminished returns at the box office due to Han Solo's second weekend as well as from Paramount's Bumblebee spin-off (June 8), Walt Disney's The Incredibles 2 (June 15), and Universal's Jurassic World 2 (June 22) opening in subsequent weekends.

As for the now-confirmed X-Men: Dark Phoenix, which has been rumored to begin production this summer, it occupies a date that Fox staked claim to a few months back, but will still face heavy opposition from Walt Disney's live-action Mulan and an Untitled Paramount Pictures event film, the latter of which may end up moving. Universal's animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas (November 9) and Warner Bros.' Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2 (November 16) are slated to arrive later that month as well.

Last edited:
They're definitely confident with the New Mutants. Also, if the next X men movie after this Dark Phoenix doesn't have the F4, I don't think they're gonna do that X-Men crossover

they will, too much cash on the table to not attempt it especially now that are doing extended universes

just can't see them not trying it before giving it up, even as a last resort

Again, I'm pretty sure they can't integrate the F4 in the same universe with the X-Men especially without Marvel's okay.

They've already been leaving money on the table for the past 10 years with that. Last time Kinberg mentioned both he said they were in different universes when the topic was about them crossing over via literal dimension hopping.

The schedule is smart on their part. NM in early April before the summer blockbusters. DP2 is a somewhat sure thing for the middle of the summer. Then X-Men in Nov. the competition aint other cbms and it's before the Dec. Juggernauts.

Last edited:
they have to cross F4 over soon or they'll lose da license back to disney/Marvrl... I don't think Marvel got any say in da film depiction of da F4 with Fox.

they have to cross F4 over soon or they'll lose da license back to disney/Marvrl... I don't think Marvel got any say in da film depiction of da F4 with Fox.

They have a narrow time period to do this crossover.

They just have to have a film in production.. see the garbage F4 movie from the early 90s.. no need for a crossover

But fox needs to come up with a definitive plan.. at this point, deadpool is the only film I would concern myself with.. then deadpool/Ryan Reynolds certain actors into that plan

They just have to have a film in production.. see the garbage F4 movie from the early 90s.. no need for a crossover

But fox needs to come up with a definitive plan.. at this point, deadpool is the only film I would concern myself with.. then deadpool/Ryan Reynolds certain actors into that plan

Actually a film has to come out as well. If it's not out in 2023, it reverts.

remember when they rebooted Fantastic 4, and we all pretty much agreed it couldn't be worst than the previous 2 and it actually was worse. I see the same thing happening with this film. Fox will never get it right.

Last edited:
They just have to make another F4 movie to keep the rights within a certain time period. They don't have to cross over to keep them.

The deal to get the X-Men and the deal to get F4 are two different contracts.

Fox needed the okay from Marvel to change Negasonic Teenage Warhead's powers in Deadpool. Marvel also had a say in them developing Legion and the other mutant show they're making for the basic Fox channel.

What I'm referring to was a report that because they're different contracts Marvel would have to give the okay for them to cross over the 2 in a movie based on ip integrity and protection i.e. Fox can't just out the blue decide the F4 are mutants and depict that in a movie. Its similar to the MCU can't use the word mutant and FoX-Men can't act like the Maximoff twins were in the Avengers.

Its the same situation for them having a shared universe together. They can't just go and do it.

Just ask yourself if Fox could just could go ahead and do this any time they wanted why didn't they? Back after they saw the success with the MCU doing it or back 7 or so years when they saw DC do a shared universe and still make money off of **** movies?

Meanwhile they're creating trash like Fan4stic, DofP, and Apocalypse.

To me they lost their chance back when they made DofP. That was their opportunity to reset everything and introduce key clues that Reed Richards and Prof. X exist in the same universe.

Last edited:
remember when they rebooted Fantastic 4, and we all pretty much agreed it couldn't be worst than the previous 2 and it actually was worse. I see the same thing happening with this film. Fox will never get it right.

Thats why they shove them in Xmen. Gain hype for another film and bam 7 more years.

as for the crossover between the XMen and F4, there were plans and it was revealed part of the Sony hack, granted Tranks Fan4stic likely halted that idea for the moment but it was part of the plan all along

An email dated September 20, 2014, from De Luca to Pascal discusses plans for not only a “female spidey movie,” but an Avengers-like superhero extravaganza incorporating characters from different upcoming Spider-Man-related projects—in an attempt to emulate what De Luca reveals is a planned Fox crossover of the X-Men and Fantastic Four teams (X-Men: Apocalypse is due in 2016, while The Fantastic Four hits theaters in 2015).

“[Simon] Kinberg told me fox is steering Xmen and Fantastic Four into an eventual team up film,” wrote De Luca. “Seems to me maybe, since the Spider-man universe itself is deep, you guys should look at sinister six, new spidey, female movie and venom as linked pieces leading to eventual mega movie ala Feige and Fox and not stand alone single films. It's early in all these and you can still map out a blueprint for connective tissue.”

so they are likely just waiting it out and see where F4 could fit in, maybe once the XMen films reach the 2000s?

Last edited:

Thats why they shove them in Xmen. Gain hype for another film and bam 7 more years.

that's my thinking... you're not gonna get interest in F4 unless they get a sorely needed jumper cable juice from being involved with da fox X-men universe.

that's my thinking... you're not gonna get interest in F4 unless they get a sorely needed jumper cable juice from being involved with da fox X-men universe.

Doubt they'd use Cable since Deadpool is doing things with them. Think Sinister is gonna be their next focus

Doubt they'd use Cable since Deadpool is doing things with them. Think Sinister is gonna be their next focus

they just need someone who can warp universes to have a excuse to dump da F4 into da X-men verse....

they just need someone who can warp universes to have a excuse to dump da F4 into da X-men verse....

I just think they need a big enough threat to unite them like Galactus or they can say that they got their powers recently and make them young like in Ultimate Fantastic Four.

as for the crossover between the XMen and F4, there were plans and it was revealed part of the Sony hack, granted Tranks Fan4stic likely halted that idea for the moment but it was part of the plan all along

An email dated September 20, 2014, from De Luca to Pascal discusses plans for not only a “female spidey movie,” but an Avengers-like superhero extravaganza incorporating characters from different upcoming Spider-Man-related projects—in an attempt to emulate what De Luca reveals is a planned Fox crossover of the X-Men and Fantastic Four teams (X-Men: Apocalypse is due in 2016, while The Fantastic Four hits theaters in 2015).

“[Simon] Kinberg told me fox is steering Xmen and Fantastic Four into an eventual team up film,” wrote De Luca. “Seems to me maybe, since the Spider-man universe itself is deep, you guys should look at sinister six, new spidey, female movie and venom as linked pieces leading to eventual mega movie ala Feige and Fox and not stand alone single films. It's early in all these and you can still map out a blueprint for connective tissue.”

so they are likely just waiting it out and see where F4 could fit in, maybe once the XMen films reach the 2000s?
What the **** are they waiting out?

They had their chance. DofP came out one year, F4 the next. Before Trank ****** things up if that was in the works it should've been in early script drafts so after that travesty came out ppl could at least say at least it looks like they'll be meeting the X-Men in the next movie.

I'd agree but it's even easier to connect the F4 to the MCU so they can get that boost. Which is why it's better if the franchise just reverts to Marvel.

Man they had the excuse with time travel. Just create a new fresh timeline. They got Legion, a future Franklin Richards, Wanda, etc.

Last edited:
What the **** are they waiting out?

They had their chance. DofP came out one year, F4 the next. Before Trank ****** things up if that was in the works it should've been in early script drafts so after that travesty came out ppl could at least say at least it looks like they'll be meeting the X-Men in the next movie.

I don't know but I could see why the studio would get turned off after such a disastrous film, they could wait out where they fit better (F4 was in present time while Apocalypse is still in 80s) so maybe their new plan is to introduce them with Xforce first since Deadpool is their most lucrative property right now and its in the present time? Maybe after the Dark Phoenix film they'd have written a follow up where F4 can join up? Maybe they're considering another reboot?

We don't really know other than they did have it planned and currently on the back burner but chances are it comes up in every meeting they have about future plans.They probably didn't know F4 was going to be received as bad as it's gotten, they were probably hoping to at least break even so they were in no rush but then everything just backfired. I mean that script/filming was a mess that Kinberg had to do reshoots (I think w/o Trank) and that is why the film looks disjointed and maybe that little nugget to where they could meet with the X-verse was scrapped after going beyond their budget.

But all we could really do is just wait and see. According to Lame, F4 is already in MCU :rofl:

The fox plan is that there is no plan. Sometimes I feel like they're making things up as they go along.

Going on ten years since the birth of the shared universe that is the mcu and Fox hasn't managed to connect xmen and ff yet lol

Last edited:
They can't even get the movies right separately, combining them would be a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom