Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
**** THIS MOTHER******* ********. HOLY **** FOX. WHAT THE **** KIND OF ******** ARE YOU ****HEADS SMOKING?! I'M SO TIRED OF THIS ****ING ****. YOU NEED TO STOP PLAYING. YOU MOTHER****ERS CAN'T EVEN FIND SOMEONE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE PROPERTY TO DO A FAITHFUL VERSION? ATLEAST TRY *******S. HOLY ****. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. SELL THE RIGHTS OR LET THEM EXPIRE. STOP TARNISHING THIS ****.
bruh go outside...no one should be this mad about a comic book movie.

Drew Goddard To Direct, Write ‘X-Force’ With Deadpool Leading Black Ops Force At Fox

Fox has set Drew Goddard to write and direct X-Force, the X-Menspinoff film that revolves around Deadpool and Cable leading a Black Ops force of down and dirty mutant warriors who are far more ruthless than their X-Men counterparts. Kinberg, Ryan Reynolds and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing. Goddard is next directing for Fox Bad Times at the El Royale with Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges, but he has already cracked the script and will roll right into X-Forcewhen he is finished.

Reynolds’ Deadpool will for sure be the centerpiece of X-Force, and when Kinberg discussed the property publicly, he added Cable as a major component. Josh Brolin is playing the character in Deadpool 2.

Getting Goddard is a coup for the studio. He has been destined to spearhead a superhero franchise for a long time. Aside from launching the Daredevil series for Netflix, Goddard wrote to direct The Martian, but stepped aside for Ridley Scott to instead direct his script for the Spider-Man villain spinoff The Sinister Six, until that film was scrapped for the new iteration of the webslinger. Now Goddard has his franchise.

While other studio superhero moves have gotten more attention lately, Fox under Emma Watts has continued to mine the X-Men universe, with strong up and coming directors. The Fault in Our Stars helmer Josh Boone has completed the spinoff X-Men: New Mutants for release April 13. David Leitch wrapped Deadpool 2 for June 1, and the Kinberg-directed X-Men: Dark Phoenix gets released November 2.

DJMzK54WsAEYKMt.jpg:large

New Mutants and Deadpool 2 just wrapped production.

DEADPOOL 2 AND NEW MUTANTS HAVE BOTH WRAPPED PRODUCTION

The productions for both Deadpool 2 and New Mutants have wrapped, which means 2018 will have more genetic variants than the Human Genome Project.

Precious little is known about Deadpool 2--except that most of the announced characters are mutants. The merc with a mouth teams up with military man Cable. Cable’s frequent partner Domino appears, and the talented Eddie Marsden has a role, albeit an unknown one. The film will include some familiar faces from Deadpool, such as Vanessa, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and Colossus.

Josh Brolin, who plays Cable, must have impressed Marvel quite a bit, because the studio gave him a four-picture deal. Director Drew Goddard has just been tapped to direct the Cable/Deadpool spinoff, X-Force.

We do know more about New Mutants. Unlike the action-adventure stories of most comic book movies, New Mutants will be Fox's first Marvel horror flick. The film even has a synopsis:

“Held in a secret facility against their will, five new mutants have to battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past. They aren’t out to save the world — they’re just trying to save themselves.”

New Mutants arrives on April 13, 2018, while Deadpool 2 lands on June 1, 2018.

So Deadpool 2 is just a setup for x-force :smh:

Chastain will probably end up playing an some type of incarnation of the Phoenix Force

The New Mutants is ‘Like a Haunted-House Movie with Hormonal Teenagers’

The New Mutants wrapped production last week and today Fox’s Stacey Snider spoke to Variety about the film. She spoke about the group of young mutants and called the film “a haunted-house movie with a bunch of hormonal teenagers.”

When asked about superhero fatigue, Snider said, “If we’re going to make a superhero movie, we have to ask ourselves: ‘What’s our version? What’s a Fox Marvel film? When you look at films like Deadpool or Logan or the upcoming New Mutants, you’ll see they have their own personality. Great effort has been put into making sure they’re differentiated. New Mutants is about these teenagers who are just coming into their powers. It’s like watching mutants go through adolescence and they have no impulse control, so they’re dangerous. The only solution is to put them in a Breakfast Club detention/****oo’s Nest institutional setting. It protects the people on the outside, but it’s strange and combustible inside. The genre is like a haunted-house movie with a bunch of hormonal teenagers. We haven’t seen it as a superhero movie whose genre is more like The Shining than ‘we’re teenagers let’s save the world.’”

Matthew Vaughn Weighs In On KICK-*** 2's Failings And Casting Tom Hardy As A Young WOLVERINE

During an interview with Deadline, the director was asked about working on Kick-*** and admitted that he made it for commercial reasons and that he has some serious regrets about the way the sequel turned out. As you may recall, Jeff Wadlow directed that in the style of Vaughn and it did not go well.

"For me as a director, Kick-***, to be totally honest, that was a commercial move. It was one of a few times I really made a bread head decision. I learned a lot, and I felt sorry for Jeff Wadlow,because in the end, I did ask him to retread my style. I can’t say my tonal style is one of textbook sanity, and so I sort of threw Jeff a hostile pass on that, that I apologize for. After doing First Class, I really felt that I was playing in a sandpit that wasn’t my sandpit. It was Bryan Singer’s. Bryan wanted to direct First Class, and then we worked on the Days of Future Past screenplay."

Wadlow's career was pretty ruined after Kick-*** 2 and it sounds like Vaughn feels like his could have gone the same way had he remained part of the X-Men franchise. However, in a fascinating tidbit, he namedrops Tom Hardy as someone he pictured as a Young Wolverine opposite Hugh Jackman!

"When we finished it, I remember saying to Simon Kinberg and Emma Watts; guys, this feels like it should be the third of the trilogy. It’s such a big concept. Why don’t we do another, one set in the ’70s, because of Young Wolverine, and then the third one is Days of Future Past, where you’re seeing the Young Wolverine with, let’s say it’s Tom Hardy and Hugh Jackman and all the other characters were together. For me, that’s the end of a trilogy. How do you beat that? And I got told no, and when I’m in my sandpit, I don’t like hearing no if I think it’s a good idea. I adore Bryan, and I thought, you know what, I’m going to hand the baton to him. Bryan was nice enough to give me the baton to run with. And I ran with it, and didn’t fall over, and I handed it back."

Rumored Plot Outline For GAMBIT Includes Mr. Sinister And A Long List Of Fan-Favorite Mutants

Splash Page has what they claim is a plot outline for the movie. It's obviously best to take this all with a pinch of salt for now but it makes for very interesting reading.

The site describes it as "the Ocean's Eleven" of the comic book genre and adds that it includes mutants like Rictor, Fifolet, Dani Moonstar, Multiple Man, Marrow, and a "blue X-Men regular" (presumably Mystique, Beast, or Nightcrawler). Gambit also reportedly makes reference to X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse, so it's obviously set somewhere, sometime in the X-Men Universe.

Remy Lebeau (Channing Tatum) is on trial in New-Orleans. He’s considered a huge security risk. We flashback to almost 25 years before. Master thief Luke Lebeau runs into eight-year-old Gambit while doing a heist. Impressed by his skills, he offers to take the mutant orphan under his wings. Raised alongside other strays he calls “cousins”, the teenage Gambit becomes the superstar of the Thief Guild. He encounters Bella Donna Boudreaux while on the run from the police. Sparks immediately fly since Bella is also a fellow mutant. Their love is directly prohibited by both families since the Boudreaux are sworn enemies of the Lebeau clan. Deciding to unite the two sides, Remy offers to have the two clans team up on a HUGE heist to profit both families. Of course, the whole plan goes awry, and in the chaos, Maryanne Boudreaux shoots and kill Luke Lebeau.

We jump to 10 years later; Gambit is hired to do a job in Paris to steal something from the Louvre Museum. It was apparently a test job to see if he still has it. His mysterious employer is revealed to be Nathaniel Essex a.k.a. Mr. Sinister. He offers Gambit 40 million to recover a mysterious trunk that was stolen by the Boudreaux clan. It will be auctioned off during the yearly Thieves Ball where all the criminal organizations in the world meet up. It uses New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations as a cover. Gambit decides to enlist a crew of mutants to pull off this seemingly impossible heist…

Back
Top Bottom