• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't see the issue.

The majority if not all of these actors won't transition over. Same for directors.

So only thing left are the heroes names. I'm sure they're gonna pop up in other movies before the fulfledged team movie.

At this point there's nothing Fox can do with the X-Men d or F4 that Marvel can't immediately undo.

Gambit movie ends up sucking? So what, we just won't see Gambit until 2026. So on and so forth.

business as usual at Fox

Exclusive: Tim Miller Developing Solo ‘Kitty Pryde’ Movie at Fox

Sources have confirmed to us that Tim Miller of Deadpool fame is hard at work developing a solo movie for the famous phasing member of the X-Men, Kitty Pryde, to potentially direct. Best known by the codename Shadowcat, but also taking on the aliases of Ariel, Sprite and even the mantle of Star-Lord over the years, Pryde is a mutant with the ability to “phase” or become intangible, which basically allows her (and anything she’s touching) to pass through solid objects, disrupt electromagnetic fields, and even levitate.

I don't see the issue.

The majority if not all of these actors won't transition over. Same for directors.

So only thing left are the heroes names. I'm sure they're gonna pop up in other movies before the fulfledged team movie.

At this point there's nothing Fox can do with the X-Men d or F4 that Marvel can't immediately undo.

Gambit movie ends up sucking? So what, we just won't see Gambit until 2026. So on and so forth.
Yea. But I don't want to wait till 2026 to see a good Gambit movie though. Lots of things can change by that time. Maybe Feige won't even be working at Marvel anymore.

A kitty pryde movie? Wonder if it’ll be ellen paige or they’ll recast. Doesn’t she have a pet dragon in the comics?

Yea. But I don't want to wait till 2026 to see a good Gambit movie though. Lots of things can change by that time. Maybe Feige won't even be working at Marvel anymore.
That's the way it would've been regardless though.

Long shot Marvel (let alone Feige) is gonna say of all the XzMen lets cash in on 90s nostalgia and do a Gambit solo movie.

Choices right now are maybe a Channijg Gambit movie or nothing.

Plus I might actually pray the next person running things at Marvel studios isn't so careless that they're greenlighting Gambit movies.

Apparently Franco was accused by 5 different women of "inappropriate or sexually exploitative behavior". Which is sad if true. Multiple Man is probably DOA at this point.

I hope Fox still makes it with someone else who hasn't (allegedly) asked random women to expose themselves or worse. It sounded like an ill concept. I think Multiple Man is a dope character.

The New Mutants got pushed back to 2019?

I'm guessing the test screenings didn't go well and reshoots are coming.

maybe they are hoping the Disney-Fox deal goes through and it releases under Disney moniker to get more people in the seats?

Maybe but I don't think that's gonna be a film that draws a big BO, and I don't think the hype will stick.

Gore Verbinski Pulls Off Of ‘Gambit’ Movie

Gore Verbinski, who had come aboard to direct the long-in-the-works X-Men spinoff Gambit, is pulling off of the 20th Century Fox movie. This was an amicable split, we hear, owing to scheduling issues with several other projects on the director’s plate. Channing Tatum remains aboard as the lead role.

Fox has already set a February 14, 2019 release date for the film; no word if that will have to change given the new news.

X-Men Spinoff New Mutants Reportedly Being Made Scarier

Fox has officially delayed the X-Men spinoff New Mutants to 2019, and it’s apparently because the movie is being made scarier. Cowriter and director Josh Boone described New Mutants as being a “full-fledged horror movie” before he began filming the young mutants adventure last summer. Fox Studio head Stacey Snider later described the X-Menspinoff as being akin to “a haunted-house movie”, where the archetypical hormonal teenagers are instead a bunch of mutants inexperienced at using their powers and trapped in a sinister institution.

A source for The Wrap is reporting that New Mutants was delayed from its original April 2018 release date to February 2019 in part because the film “isn’t scary enough” in its current form. Tracking Board is reporting something similar, namely that “word on the street” is that New Mutants did well in test screenings but not great, and Fox wants to add more scares in order to make the film even more of a full-blown horror offering

Part of my problem with the trailer was that it looked like it was gonna be full of jump scares and not really be scary. I like that their gonna add more horror.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom