Freddie Gibbs leaves CTE

it looked good on paper.

:lol: in what world? When has CTE had a successful artist other than Jeezy?
Gibbs is dope though, he should link with Gee Roberson over at Interscope, he just signed LEP who are in a similar lane musically so he obviously has his ear to the streets.
BFK was ill but it didn't elevate his profile as an artist really and at this point in his career that's what he should be aiming to do with each project.

it looked good on paper.
laugh.gif
in what world? When has CTE had a successful artist other than Jeezy?

most people thought when he acquired gibs and tone trump that he was FINALLY putting together a squad that can be a respectable bench.

i mean best case it would've been a poor man's MMG worst case scenario is he could've poor man's brick squad.

im at work can somebody hit me wit the cliffy

Gibbs is being a lame. First you say it was an amicable split...then now you wanna start throwing disses cause you got a project coming out.

Could care less about Gibbs going at Jeezy. Sparking beef to promote a project has been going on for ages. Gibbs ain't the first and won't be the last (as we all already know).

What I can't wait for is his album with Madlib, Cocaine Piñata.

Last edited:
^that's funny, cause Gibbs has dropped a top 3 project every year he's been out, and the Madlib thing shouldn't be any different. Gibbs is better than everybody who was and is currently on CTE not named Jeezy.

On stage at paid dues:

"I used to run with some police *ss  ni**as, but i don't f*ck with them anymore"

i ain't got time for these btches

ain't got a dime for these btches

breakin it down for 3 btches

duffle stuffed with 3 6's

For people saying Gibbs is wack you obviously have not listened to him :rolleyes .. Dude is a problem and really puts a lot of heart into his music.

In regards to this CTE bashing..I definitely agree that ish is corny on Gibbs' part. They say you should never bite the hand that feeds you & in this case that person was Jeezy. It's kind of industry code 101 not to disrespect the person who puts you on under no circumstance. I know the brotha is frustrated but he really needs to chill and just keep making dope music. Let that be your voice, not these corny XXL interviews ect.

Jeezy didn't put Gibbs on. Throwing someone on a couple of tracks off projects nobody is checking for isn't putting someone on. 

I could understand acting like Gibbs owes Jeezy something if he featured him on R.I.P. or something but what exactly did Jeezy do for Gibbs?

Dudes called it on here from the beginning, CTE was always gonna be a bad move for Gibbs.

Last edited:
Although I'm sure Jeezy probably didn't give him the right promotion, Gibbs looks pretty suspect talking all greezy when he has 3 projects on the way.

Still won't deny the man's talent. Freddie Soprano is tough. 
pimp.gif

If someone would of showed Jeezy how to be a boss in the label perspective he would of been on Ross level

On some badboy/death row era

Last edited:
Gibbs was gaining nothing in the CTE situation. I'd rather see dude on Stones Throw collaborating with Madlib and **** regularly. Cocaine Piñata is about to be a problem.

Gibbs was gaining nothing in the CTE situation. I'd rather see dude on Stones Throw collaborating with Madlib and **** regularly. Cocaine Piñata is about to be a problem.

Exactly. How about a Rhymesayers project too. Jake One or Ant on the beats would be sick.

Don't know if posted, but talks down on Jeezy, talks down on jim jones fake repping, says gd let ross slide, and chicago let wale slide/he shoulda got beat up for calling harold's wack (even tho its just chicken lmfao)

I respect what Gibbs saying but I don't respect how he goin about it to be real the only reason some people paid attention to Gibbs was when he signed with CTE...When Jeezy had him open up for him on the TM103 tour last year people were not feeling him at all down here in the N.O. At all...Gibbs was stupid for signing with CTE anyway so he should be dissing himself...In one interview Gibbs was talking bout ROSS & how he can't listen to fake gangsta rappers now he says he like ROSS music..smdh He just a WWF as the rest of these rappers..Trying to do the 02' 50 cent tactic diss people to get you name out there don't work no more cause artist have more power now they can blackball you out the game if you ain't a solid established artist you should diss a dude who is one..Look at what happen to Duct tape they tried to beef with Jeezy & T.I. Now they looked at as haters..Jeezy ain't goin no where dude has with stood ROSS, BMF,Gucci & Duct Tape going at him all in the same year & people still love his music I doubt if GIBBS gon hurt something..

Back
Top Bottom