||| FREE RUN+ 3 & iD ||| EXT Collection (pg43) |||

ILLustRAYt wrote:

frown.gif
 Got any other Volt Midsoled shoes you could do a sole-to-sole shot with your Electric Greens FR3s? I'm really curious to see the subtle differences.

I just ordered pair #2 for the Hulk/Cheetah FR3. Now the for the waiting..

Here is the closest I have. The Volt on the AM10 is pretty similar to the Volt laces on the FR3.

^Thanks, bro!

As for that pic by d e beatup... I hope there'll be more sole color options for iD!

my girl and I got ours

freerun3.jpg

Now I can give a brief review.

I have used my free run+ 2 to death. when I first got my 2s they felt snug, and i got my true size. i have a wider right foot. eventually they broke in and are perfect.

so the free run+ 3.. i was skeptical at first because it now has that 5.0 sole. I have experience with a 5.0 free sole from last years nike waffle. those felt stiff to me and not as comfortable.
as far as sizing. i got my real size again. the fit fine right off the bat. it has been a while since i got the free 2s to really recall, but i would say these did not feel as snug. and would suggest true to size. again i have a wide right foot and it wasnt bothersome. BTW i was testing while wearing Nike Dri-Fit crew socks. the toe box area felt snug, but i always feel that cause of my wide foot, but again was not bothersome and im assuming with some break in will feel fine.

so the cushioning? well I thought it was going to be stiff like the waffles, but the 5.0 sole here is very welcomed. it feels comfy. i will reallly get to test it when I run.

OH, the GR releaes above I took..

that outsole is NOT REALLY WHITE. it has like a grey to it.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

Thanks for the opinions y'all!

I think I'm going with #2 for the Purple design and #1 for the MuStashes.

MF: Could you post up a comparison shot with your Volt-soled FR2iDs and your Electric Green-soled FR3iDs?

I think you are right to go with number 2 of the Hulks!

Nice write up, Eugenile!

macgregor: I think I did too
laugh.gif

I ended up returning my Flintstones and reordering 'em again in my true size to go along with my Cheetahs/Hulks. I wish I had got it right the first time... oh well. I'll probably end up ordering 2-3 more then I'm done with FR3iDs.

Along with the MuStashes and Watermelons, these are now in the mix...
laugh.gif

Free Run 3iD - Bruce Lee by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Nothing MAJOR, but the slashes in the Midsole make a WORLD of a difference!

gonna be getting the blue pair soon at my Nike PK meeting 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gonna be getting the red pair soon for $50 for my uniform shoes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onoudidntgf

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Was a bit busy so didn't have time to pull color codes or release schedule.  Enjoy!

Those Maroons in the middle 5th down 
eek.gif

Yes SIR
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And the blue upper with the orange sole
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks D E Beatup! Lots to look forward to.

Ray, pull the trigger on those Bruce Lees. Red laces FTW!

I'm gonna probably get me a GR pair first before I get an ID. Gonna try these on this weekend at the mall!

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

my girl and I got ours

freerun3.jpg

Now I can give a brief review.

I have used my free run+ 2 to death. when I first got my 2s they felt snug, and i got my true size. i have a wider right foot. eventually they broke in and are perfect.

so the free run+ 3.. i was skeptical at first because it now has that 5.0 sole. I have experience with a 5.0 free sole from last years nike waffle. those felt stiff to me and not as comfortable.
as far as sizing. i got my real size again. the fit fine right off the bat. it has been a while since i got the free 2s to really recall, but i would say these did not feel as snug. and would suggest true to size. again i have a wide right foot and it wasnt bothersome. BTW i was testing while wearing Nike Dri-Fit crew socks. the toe box area felt snug, but i always feel that cause of my wide foot, but again was not bothersome and im assuming with some break in will feel fine.

so the cushioning? well I thought it was going to be stiff like the waffles, but the 5.0 sole here is very welcomed. it feels comfy. i will reallly get to test it when I run.

OH, the GR releaes above I took..

that outsole is NOT REALLY WHITE. it has like a grey to it.

Thanks for the review, let us all know how it is after you break it in. I had go a size up from other shoes in the 2's also. I'd probably like to try them on before i buy and see what size i am.

Missed out on the Fuel 3.0s and tempted to ID the v4. First time looking at NikeID in a while and the prices are OD, $130?? I guess something has to cover the costs of this all out advertising blitz.
eyes.gif

Oh well, still gonna pull the trigger. The material on the 3.0 plus that very slim sole looks extremely comfortable. Looking forward to these.

Took my 3.0 V4's out for a quick run yesterday. Ordered my TRUE shoe size.

Quick Amateur Review:

I've previously been running only in my older Free Run 5.0s
Nike-Free-Run-5-0-Runing-Shoes-Black-White.jpg

My new 3.0 V4's
IMG_0485-e1332994254242-600x400.jpg

First thing I noticed was the benefit of the bootie system. My feet felt secure and in place throughout my entire run ( the laces are just an extra support system at that point). The 3.0 soles were definitely noticeable in their flex and "closer to the ground" feel.

The insole also definitely felt more comfortable.

Breathability with the shoe was no issue. I wore dri-ft no-shows and my feet were dry as a bone after the run.

Really happy with the shoe!

^ nice 3.0s...and nice write up!

To keep the "Soar" theme going, my new 5.0s...

34y32us.jpg

Fit a little more snug than the Free Run 2, but comfort level is A+ as always...

23vn5mg.jpg

man nice pictures ya'll. these are starting to grow on me more. Big ups to the volt's! Those are super nice!

Yeah I ended up going half size up on the FR 3. Used my Finishline rewards plus 15 off coupon online and got the pure platinums for 70 shipped. I also tried on the 3.0s and half size up felt real tight, so I went full size up and they fit good. I love the way the 3.0's feel, but the look hasnt grown on me yet.

Back
Top Bottom