Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

Retail or bust not that serious for me

I agree partially. Its either I pay $40 extra, stand in line myself for 12 hours, or don't get. Its not serious enough for me to be in line 12 hours, but it is serious enough to throw the extra $40 to a local kid who could use the money.

Last edited:
I agree partially. Its either I pay $40 extra, stand in line myself for 12 hours, or don't get. Its not serious enough for me to be in 12 hours, but it is serious enough to throw the extra $40 to a local kid who could use the money.

I'd be willing to do that too. Not sure what the options are like in Akron but I'm sure it similar to what I have when I'm back home in Dayton.

I'd be willing to do that too. Not sure what the options are like in Akron but I'm sure it similar to what I have when I'm back home in Dayton.

Hah!, you said options and Akron in the same sentence, funny guy. My local foot locker gets all general releases, and that's it. One Champs near here and most limiteds they don't even get. My Finish Lines don't even get Kobes. We have one little local store that gets most quick strikes and does first come first serve. On the hottest of releases, have to be there at 10 p.m. the night before to get in line as that's the time they allow a line to begin. Other than that, if its a limited release forget about it.

Hah!, you said options and Akron in the same sentence, funny guy. My local foot locker gets all general releases, and that's it. One Champs near here and most limiteds they don't even get. My Finish Lines don't even get Kobes. We have one little local store that gets most quick strikes and does first come first serve. On the hottest of releases, have to be there at 10 p.m. the night before to get in line as that's the time they allow a line to begin. Other than that, if its a limited release forget about it.

THE TWO BEST CHOICES IN THE AREA ARE CHAPEL HILL FINISHLINE AND BELDEN VILLAGE FINISHLINE. THOSE TWO STORES HAVE THE BEST ACCOUNTS OF ANY MAJOR CHAIN STORE IN THE AKRON/CANTON AREA. AFTER THEM JIMMY JAZZ IN CHAPEL HILL, NEXT ON MARKET ST., OJ MENSWEAR AND TAF ON COPLEY ARE GOOD BETS. PICKINGS ARE STILL LIMITED THOUGH. WHEN I WAS LIVING IN AKRON, THERE WAS MANY TIMES WHEN I JUST HAD TO MAKE THE TRIP UP TO CLEVELAND TO HAVE BETTER OPTIONS.

THE TWO BEST CHOICES IN THE AREA ARE CHAPEL HILL FINISHLINE AND BELDEN VILLAGE FINISHLINE. THOSE TWO STORES HAVE THE BEST ACCOUNTS OF ANY MAJOR CHAIN STORE IN THE AKRON/CANTON AREA. AFTER THEM JIMMY JAZZ IN CHAPEL HILL, NEXT ON MARKET ST., OJ MENSWEAR AND TAF ON COPLEY ARE GOOD BETS. PICKINGS ARE STILL LIMITED THOUGH. WHEN I WAS LIVING IN AKRON, THERE WAS MANY TIMES WHEN I JUST HAD TO MAKE THE TRIP UP TO CLEVELAND TO HAVE BETTER OPTIONS.

Haven't messed with belden village much, but I can say the chapel finish line play games now. Have called a few tines bout limited releases and have literally been told "we don't know what we are doing with those yet" and that was a day before release, smh. Guy I went to HS with works at OJs and told me they don't get limiteds anymore, found out they got busted selling fakes awhile back, may have something to do with it. Just recently discovered Jimmy Jazz and I'm not familiar with TAF. Next is the one place I've been able to count on, its the one I pay folks to goto but even they pull shady stuff. Its just an overall nightmare of deception and lies a lot of the times around here.

Last edited:
Thanks if you or JM could break down the info on the 5s..

I'm guessing it goes fear, DB, 3Lab5, bel air in terms of production

That is correct BUT no one knows production #s ... best bet is to just assume you will need to be on your Ps & Qs doing what ever you can >>> AS IF

Thanks if you or JM could break down the info on the 5s..

I'm guessing it goes fear, DB, 3Lab5, bel air in terms of production
Fears and DBs were definitely more than the other releases we are gonna see. The 3lab5s are limited but will be avaible at more spots than both. and the bel airs are looking more like a limited GR imo

Haven't messed with belden village much, but I can say the chapel finish line play games now. Have called a few tines bout limited releases and have literally been told "we don't know what we are doing with those yet" and that was a day before release, smh. Guy I went to HS with works at OJs and told me they don't get limiteds anymore, found out they got busted selling fakes awhile back, may have something to do with it. Just recently discovered Jimmy Jazz and I'm not familiar with TAF. Next is the one place I've been able to count on, its the one I pay folks to goto but even they pull shady stuff. Its just an overall nightmare of deception and lies a lot of the times around here.
Next is shady as hell. Dudes line up out there with ghost chairs and then have people roll up an hour or two before opening to buy pairs to resell. Same dude was responsible for getting 18-20 of the 22-24 pairs of Denim 'brons earlier this summer. Lots of bullying in line to make younger kids who are out there feel scared for their well being if they don't just fall back in line.

Villa on Arlington typically does tickets on a FCFS basis the Sunday before the release...then you have between like 10-2 on release day to come pick them up.

Pretty much all of the mall stores are rigged, dudes selling early for rape prices to dudes who can't be bothered to go out on release day and grab them.

I know of a couple other spots that haven't been mentioned that are pretty low-key, shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
Aside from the multi-colored inner lining these look pretty good. Wearing jeans with these would be the way to go if purchased.

I keep hearing limited seems like everything limited nowadays, but these will be a full family sz range from what i hear so how limited is limited. Limited is such a loose term in recent time.  

Can someone do a PS of these with a black midsole instead of purple? I've been curious to see how that would look

I'm just hoping my local finish line gets them.

THE TWO BEST CHOICES IN THE AREA ARE CHAPEL HILL FINISHLINE AND BELDEN VILLAGE FINISHLINE.

Not sure if its been mentioned but this shoe is NO WHERE to be found on the 2013 FNL Launch Calendar that dates all the way to early December. There is a VERY good chance Finishline as a company may not carry this shoe or it becomes online only. I'll post info if anything changes but as of this moment Finishline will NOT have the Bel-Air 5's for some odd reason.

Last edited:
I'm not looking at the website, I'm looking at internal corporate documents. Lebron, KD, Rose, and Jordan Release dates all the way to December. No Bel-Air 5's seen. Like I said, things could change.
sice you lookin at corporate documents care to share any info on release dates we havent heard of yet?

Back
Top Bottom