FRESHMUSIC all the BEST CHOOSE IT

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

North Cal was never on the map!!
we made a little noise in the 90's when it wasnt so controlled.... i remember seeing !*!%+# on BET.... but ur right for the most part..... thats why we never moved away, cuz we knew it was our responsibility to change that.

we made a little noise in the 90's when it wasnt so controlled.... i remember seeing !*!%+# on BET.... but ur right for the most part..... thats why we never moved away, cuz we knew it was our responsibility to change that.

Originally Posted by zube42

$+%! outta here. No Limit, Too $hort, Spice 1, Hieroglyphics and Luniz all got notable recognition outside the region. E-40 too but he's wack now.
this is the guy right here.... he knows wassup ^^
smokin.gif

$+%! outta here. No Limit, Too $hort, Spice 1, Hieroglyphics and Luniz all got notable recognition outside the region. E-40 too but he's wack now.
this is the guy right here.... he knows wassup ^^
smokin.gif

That's nearly 20 years ago bra

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

he said never ******. not norcal wasn't on the map 10 years ago
roll.gif

learn to read+ comprehend statements.

he said never ******. not norcal wasn't on the map 10 years ago
roll.gif

learn to read+ comprehend statements.

what do you think is the main thing holden us back if anything? i dont think its JUST lack of unity

what do you think is the main thing holden us back if anything? i dont think its JUST lack of unity

And that has to do with the statement I responded to how?

And that has to do with the statement I responded to how?

Originally Posted by ChiggyChazzFM

HYPHY movement killed any type of national perception of the bay being a legit breeding ground for hip hop. 
Even thought its actually the quite opposite, that PERCEPTION damn near set us back 25 years musically.
indifferent.gif

Majors were questionable to invest in bay area acts after pac, FAB had gotten a shot but he was too busy riding that whole tom foolery movement and it failed miserably. Labels have officially labeled this region as a graveyard, no money to be made, no main stream appeal. If we had properly pushed our legit emcees like Jack, Huss, Nikatina, Zion I back in 03-04 growth would have been certain. 
tired.gif

SMH @ whoever was rollin to the majors really pushing hyphy as the next shhhhh, the damage is still so residual. 

HYPHY movement killed any type of national perception of the bay being a legit breeding ground for hip hop. 
Even thought its actually the quite opposite, that PERCEPTION damn near set us back 25 years musically.
indifferent.gif

Majors were questionable to invest in bay area acts after pac, FAB had gotten a shot but he was too busy riding that whole tom foolery movement and it failed miserably. Labels have officially labeled this region as a graveyard, no money to be made, no main stream appeal. If we had properly pushed our legit emcees like Jack, Huss, Nikatina, Zion I back in 03-04 growth would have been certain. 
tired.gif

SMH @ whoever was rollin to the majors really pushing hyphy as the next shhhhh, the damage is still so residual. 

Originally Posted by sorianotron

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

i Completely agree with you.... it just sucks because the answer seems as simple as one of these so called DJ's using their clout to help LEGIT artists get heard around here.... Could it be that there is Payolla to MAINTAIN wackness in certain regions?

Originally Posted by sorianotron

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

i Completely agree with you.... it just sucks because the answer seems as simple as one of these so called DJ's using their clout to help LEGIT artists get heard around here.... Could it be that there is Payolla to MAINTAIN wackness in certain regions?

Back
Top Bottom