From a New Yorker, it's time I tip my hat to the West Coast.

Paradox? The best park about NYC nightlife is the subway system, that's where everybody hangs out, preps the oven before you back the yambs.
Who drives to the club and not get valet, wait who drives to the club? If you do drive you better not pull up in anything LESS than a BMW.

I ain't talking about no club or yambs, I'm talking about day-to-day living. And that's the point... if you're someone who ain't going to be going out EVERY NIGHT, living in NYC can drain you. It's cold and gray 5 months out of the year, it's expensive, housing shortage, tons of competition for jobs, etc. There are tons of negatives about NY. 

With Miami being so easily accessed, it's no wonder so many New Yorkers are moving there. 

:lol:

And why is that?...didn't know I needed your permission.

Only on NT do you have individuals who have a problem with you no matter what you say...lol I say NY >>> Cali for certain obvious reasons they jump, I say Cali >>> NY for other certain obvious reasons and they still have a problem with it and want to bicker back and forth just for the hell of it, grow up fam.

and only on NT do we have people who have never visited a place and can speak on it like they are a travel guide

Last edited:
I'm born and raised in ny, and when i visited san diego i completely fell in love with it. I'de rather move to san diego over nyc any day of the week.

SD is great. Best weather in the country and cheaper/less crowded than LA. 2 professional teams and only an hour away from Orange County and 2 hours from LA. Nightlife is straight too.

and only on NT do we have people who have never visited a place and can speak on it like they are a travel guide

Once again, you haven't read anything in this threa and are just here to bicker for no reason...I spoke on the places I've visited, Vegas and Hawaii and their proximity to Cali is what attracts me, that plus what I've heard and seen in pictures, when did you hear me speak on Cali as if I was an expert?

I feel you Steezy... Living in NY for 2 years and Being in LA my whole life its safe to say...

Cali > NY

It's been 72 degrees for the past 2 weeks. :lol:

Once again, you haven't read anything in this threa and are just here to bicker for no reason...I spoke on the places I've visited, Vegas and Hawaii and their proximity to Cali is what attracts me, that plus what I've heard and seen in pictures, when did you hear me speak on Cali as if I was an expert?

for example, i clearly remember you making fun of socal people because of that snow fall that happened. you obviously don't know the terrain because there are mountains here which have landslides. you think socal people are wussies because of the warm weather, but you fail to see that in the mountain communities it get's cold or even colder then NY in the winter time.

:smokin Interesting views from a NYer. The only place that could rival Cali, is NY imo. They are both equals. Great place but I don't think I could handle eastcoast weather.

Ksteezy - Im glad you enjoyed you self in the west.
But it's all subjective. I guess it all depends on what your interests and likes are. If its the club scene, Vegas hands down. But will you be clubbing in 10 years from now??

The city life is great. I've been to NY. But when it's time to settle down and have an offspring, or two. Is the city the best place to raise children? Now SD?? Perfect.

Bill Burr always says it in his podcast. NY is a great place to live when your young....until your mid 30's but if you wanna enjoy the later stretch of your life and have a family you should go out west.

And I don't think he's wrong. I may find myself in Cali myself one day but I'ma try to enjoy my time in NYC until then.

i would love to visit NYC one day, but live there..hell naw, it seems too overrated in terms of the price.

you are paying mad money to live in a OLD *** city that needs a good scrubbing..

i would move there if i was established and well off just cause i could and have money to buy a spot in NYC..

the burbs around san diego are a nice place to settle down, if you married and want to start a fam.

i was born and raised in cali, moved to GA of all places for 3 years then came back..

i've visited every state in the southern US, but havent even gone to northern california..never been past LA..
frown.gif

I'm from Cali...

If NYC had better weather, I'd move out there just for the Halal Carts. I mean we have Middle Eastern food here, but it's too clean and healthy. The white sauce here isn't mixed with the same heroin that NYC uses :smh:

Coming back from a long night of drinking and buying 2 boxes of chicken and rice :smh: :x :smokin :smokin:smokin :smokin I gained 2-3 pounds of pure fat just by ODing on that during my weeklong visit last year :lol: My boy who lives out there said he'll send me a box in a same-day shipment if I return the favor with some In-N-Out...Seriously considering it

Last edited:
for example, i clearly remember you making fun of socal people because of that snow fall that happened. you obviously don't know the terrain because there are mountains here which have landslides. you think socal people are wussies because of the warm weather, but you fail to see that in the mountain communities it get's cold or even colder then NY in the winter time.

Well I remember in another thread Californians talk about how they drive no faster than 20mph in a light drizzle....lets be serious here, that thread was about a light snow that didn't even amount to an inch on the floor, what kind of weak terrain do you speak off talkin about it causing landslides?...son just stop...what are you trying to prove?...you have a problem with me or my opinion keep it moving...you looking silly with the constant bickering.

I guess it depends what you are into...I don't even live in the city or crave the city life, may go into manhattan 2x a month at most....I like the burbs, having that with an amazing beach in my backyard like the ones I see in pictures of San Diego just make me drool....Europe has never intrigued me much ad I've been up and down the caribean, Miami is cool...but if I had a choice Vegas >>>>>>> Miami.
Why Vegas over Miami?

I'm from Cali...

If NYC had better weather, I'd move out there just for the Halal Carts. I mean we have Middle Eastern food here, but it's too clean and healthy. The white sauce here isn't mixed with the same heroin that NYC uses :smh:

Coming back from a long night of drinking and buying 2 boxes of chicken and rice :smh: :x :smokin :smokin:smokin :smokin I gained 2-3 pounds of pure fat just by ODing on that during my weeklong visit last year :lol: My boy who lives out there said he'll send me a box in a same-day shipment if I return the favor with some In-N-Out...Seriously considering it

Halal food is overrated.

Well I remember in another thread Californians talk about how they drive no faster than 20mph in a light drizzle....lets be serious here, that thread was about a light snow that didn't even amount to an inch on the floor, what kind of weak terrain do you speak off talkin about it causing landslides?...son just stop...what are you trying to prove?...you have a problem with me or my opinion keep it moving...you looking silly with the constant bickering.

again, you don't know what you are talking about. we (LA basin) hardly gets any rain. so when it does rain there are lots of accidents because no one checks their tire treads. and in case you didn't water doesn't mix with water so it raises and that's most dangerous. when it snows in NY, it's not as hazardous because there are no mountains like they are here. i want to see you try to drive down angeles crest in the snow, oh wait that's right they close it. just like how they close bear mountain throughout the winter time. do you even know what causes a landslide? i take it you don't because you would at least take into consideration that people actually die from these events. all i'm saying is that you speak on stuff you have no knowledge of. and i'm the one who sounds silly

Last edited:
Halal food is overrated.

I agree. 53rd and 6th and all the other spots lost their luster to me a few years ago. Don't get me wrong ill still get a plate whenever I go back to the city just because I can't get it in Cali but it don't taste nearly as good to me as it used to a few years back.

I never trashed Cali silly goose, only time I even participate in NY >>> Cali is how well we deal with the cold and our subway system which are 2 things that are pretty much common knowledge to the rest of the country....so please keep it moving and stop trying to derail the thread.

Ok, New York is so small that the public transportation LOOKS nice. Who cares how you deal with the cold? You obviously have to deal with it if you live there.

There are big cities like San Jose that have a great public transportation system. I just got home today from New York.

Couldn't even get to where I needed on the subway earlier today because of the damn construction that was going on.

& not to mention NY is expensive as hell. I make good money and I hate New York.

Godamn box of cigarettes was twice as much as it was here in Cali wtfuuuh!

again, you don't know what you are talking about. we (LA basin) hardly gets any rain. so when it does rain there are lots of accidents because no one checks their tire treads. and in case you didn't water doesn't mix with water so it raises and that's most dangerous. when it snows in NY, it's not as hazardous because there are no mountains like they are here. i want to see you try to drive down angeles crest in the snow, oh wait that's right they close it. just like how they close bear mountain throughout the winter time. do you even know what causes a landslide? i take it you don't because you would at least take into consideration that people actually die from these events. all i'm saying is that you speak on stuff you have no knowledge of. and i'm the one who sounds silly

How does any of that pertain to this thread?...you are the one coming in here trying to call me out on something that has nothing to do with this thread at all for the sake of saving face for how stupid you looked at first...now you want to talk about landslides, what's next earthquakes?...fog?...sea levels?...I mean fam, you are struggling trying to prove I don't know what, let it go....I didn't make this thread to say one city is better than the other, simply to say how at this stage in my life the west coast as a whole seems more appealing to me, NOT once in this thread did I make myself out to be an expert, it's damb obvious I don't know much about Cali, I've never been there and the things I've spoken on in past threads are things west coasters themselves have confirmed....once again...WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT FAM?...and what does it have to do with the content of this thread?...geeez

Back
Top Bottom