Full time job... How many vacation days is considered good, great, and amazing?

Originally Posted by kdawg

In the UK the legal minimum is 28 days per year...
Dam
pimp.gif

At my current job I get 5 days the first yr, another 5 every year until you hit 3 yrs then the cut off is 15 but I also get sick days, 5 floating holidays, and some paid holidays.

Dam
pimp.gif

At my current job I get 5 days the first yr, another 5 every year until you hit 3 yrs then the cut off is 15 but I also get sick days, 5 floating holidays, and some paid holidays.

1 week vacation ,1 week option week, 1 week option days use whenever i want, 1 week paid sick days also to be use whenever, 1 week personal days and also paid holidays.

part time btw.
pimp.gif

1 week vacation ,1 week option week, 1 week option days use whenever i want, 1 week paid sick days also to be use whenever, 1 week personal days and also paid holidays.

part time btw.
pimp.gif

I get 4 hours PTO every 2 weeks. Plus a floating holiday and the usual federal holidays.

I get 4 hours PTO every 2 weeks. Plus a floating holiday and the usual federal holidays.

bastards

OP... 14 days vacation isn't the best...but also depends on how your sick days and personal days are counted.

bastards

OP... 14 days vacation isn't the best...but also depends on how your sick days and personal days are counted.

You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school.
pimp.gif

But naw, 14 days isn't bad, about average IMO. But then again it depends on the job/industry.

You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school.
pimp.gif

But naw, 14 days isn't bad, about average IMO. But then again it depends on the job/industry.

three weeks paid vacation plus holidays is typically the gold standard in the private sector. 2 weeks is about average...

three weeks paid vacation plus holidays is typically the gold standard in the private sector. 2 weeks is about average...

I get PTO- 7.8 hours every paycheck and my max accrual is 300 hours. All the normal holidays as well. In another 2 years I'll be earning 9.8 hours per paycheck which will be absolutely nuts. Some places you can 'sell back' your PTO but unfortunately in the company I work for you can't. I'd be selling nonstop if I was able.

14 days is pretty decent.

I get PTO- 7.8 hours every paycheck and my max accrual is 300 hours. All the normal holidays as well. In another 2 years I'll be earning 9.8 hours per paycheck which will be absolutely nuts. Some places you can 'sell back' your PTO but unfortunately in the company I work for you can't. I'd be selling nonstop if I was able.

14 days is pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom