Full time job... How many vacation days is considered good, great, and amazing?

my dad was a garbage man

they gave him 3 months, no joke
laugh.gif
...he would only take a month though

hes retired now

my dad was a garbage man

they gave him 3 months, no joke
laugh.gif
...he would only take a month though

hes retired now

Originally Posted by gboy1230

i started with 14 so it seems normal ... now many i get over time is wat we will have to see ... been with company for 3 yrs now i wanan say i have an extra 5 days count as "sick days" so ya not too bad ... . granted i cant take them all once
smh.gif
laugh.gif

@ comment bout the UK damn 128 min
eek.gif
do they even get work done over time shhesshhh no wonder how UK team sucks so much !!!!!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
It is one of those funny things that I see as a contradiction in the US - it makes sense I suppose with the American Dream - work hard and you will be successful - but on the other hand people see the US as a good place to relax and enjoy sports etc - but people don't really get time off.

My wife worked for a legal firm in OH before we were married and she wasn't allowed a single day off in the first year she worked there. That's just crazy - there is no way that people are functioning as well as they can be working 52 weeks straight.

Originally Posted by Essential1

The following table lists nine countries and the average number of paid vacation days per year employees receive in each country.

Italy42 days
France37 days
Germany35 days
Brazil34 days
United Kingdom28 days
Canada26 days
Korea25 days
Japan25 days
U.S.13 days

we got it all wrong
That's what I came in to add - in continental Europe people actually think that the UK is hard done by - and from that table you can see that we are. Many countries believe that giving people paid annual leave of around 40 days actually increases productivity and quality of life - particularly the Scandinavian countries.

These are also the countries that close schools at lunchtime in the winter months so everyone can go skiing - and the education standards don't seem to suffer.

It used to always interest me how early my wife started high school too - we always started at 8:30 or 8:45 and were done by 3:30 - she started way earlier (which in OH in the winter was just brutal).

Like I said, I just find it a funny contradiction.

Originally Posted by gboy1230

i started with 14 so it seems normal ... now many i get over time is wat we will have to see ... been with company for 3 yrs now i wanan say i have an extra 5 days count as "sick days" so ya not too bad ... . granted i cant take them all once
smh.gif
laugh.gif

@ comment bout the UK damn 128 min
eek.gif
do they even get work done over time shhesshhh no wonder how UK team sucks so much !!!!!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
It is one of those funny things that I see as a contradiction in the US - it makes sense I suppose with the American Dream - work hard and you will be successful - but on the other hand people see the US as a good place to relax and enjoy sports etc - but people don't really get time off.

My wife worked for a legal firm in OH before we were married and she wasn't allowed a single day off in the first year she worked there. That's just crazy - there is no way that people are functioning as well as they can be working 52 weeks straight.

Originally Posted by Essential1

The following table lists nine countries and the average number of paid vacation days per year employees receive in each country.

Italy42 days
France37 days
Germany35 days
Brazil34 days
United Kingdom28 days
Canada26 days
Korea25 days
Japan25 days
U.S.13 days

we got it all wrong
That's what I came in to add - in continental Europe people actually think that the UK is hard done by - and from that table you can see that we are. Many countries believe that giving people paid annual leave of around 40 days actually increases productivity and quality of life - particularly the Scandinavian countries.

These are also the countries that close schools at lunchtime in the winter months so everyone can go skiing - and the education standards don't seem to suffer.

It used to always interest me how early my wife started high school too - we always started at 8:30 or 8:45 and were done by 3:30 - she started way earlier (which in OH in the winter was just brutal).

Like I said, I just find it a funny contradiction.

i work retail and get 10 days vacation. i have 16 sick days. 1 personal day. we have i think 6 or 7 paid holidays but i usually work 2 or 3 of em. the bad thing is i never use the sick days unless im close to death or its frowned upon. another bad thing is i really cant use all those vacation days in a row if i wanted a real long trip. i usually only use 2 days in a week here or there when i get long weekends. the pay is good tho so i cant complain. house over my head and bills paid no debt, no complaints

i work retail and get 10 days vacation. i have 16 sick days. 1 personal day. we have i think 6 or 7 paid holidays but i usually work 2 or 3 of em. the bad thing is i never use the sick days unless im close to death or its frowned upon. another bad thing is i really cant use all those vacation days in a row if i wanted a real long trip. i usually only use 2 days in a week here or there when i get long weekends. the pay is good tho so i cant complain. house over my head and bills paid no debt, no complaints

At Albertsons I got 40 hours after the first year plus a paid day off for my birthday. After 2 years I get 80 hours. After 5 years I get 120 hours and then after 10 years I get 160 hours. after 20 years I think we get like 240 hours or somethin like that. I dont remember exactly. Every holiday I get paid a full 8 hours no matter if I work or not but if I do work then I get paid time and a half on top of that. So I pretty much work every holiday and get double time and a half. I make $18.39 per hour so that comes out to about $46 an hour on worked holidays. So every holiday I work I get paid $360 plus dollars.

At Albertsons I got 40 hours after the first year plus a paid day off for my birthday. After 2 years I get 80 hours. After 5 years I get 120 hours and then after 10 years I get 160 hours. after 20 years I think we get like 240 hours or somethin like that. I dont remember exactly. Every holiday I get paid a full 8 hours no matter if I work or not but if I do work then I get paid time and a half on top of that. So I pretty much work every holiday and get double time and a half. I make $18.39 per hour so that comes out to about $46 an hour on worked holidays. So every holiday I work I get paid $360 plus dollars.

I work part time at UPS and I get 3 weeks paid vacation, plus 7 discretionary/sick days paid.  So, I guess 4 weeks in all.  Which is good, because I hate that place.

I work part time at UPS and I get 3 weeks paid vacation, plus 7 discretionary/sick days paid.  So, I guess 4 weeks in all.  Which is good, because I hate that place.

Back
Top Bottom