Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

No I don't worship Jay champ.  I just happen to give credit where credit is due for an individual and I happen to correct people such as yourself and others on ANY particular topic or subject matter at time when necessary.  It just so happens Jay Z is the topic of conversation right now.  That being said to answer some questions of yours yes I'm black.  Yes I like Jay's music overall for various reasons.  Some of it is good to listen to just musically speaking and, some of it is inspiring, etc., etc.  That's my take on the matter of course, if you feel differently then so be it.

Also, in regards to your comment about Barney's how narrow-minded are you??  Do you really think Barney's, a multi-million dollar corporation has a COMPANY policy written in stone and on the books to profile it's black customers??  As if that is their goal as a company or objective that you are trying to imply??  Do you really believe or expect the rest of us to believe that nonsense champ??  

For those like you or that think like you let me help you understand, sometimes in any situation there are bad apples that are apart of an organization or company but that doesn't mean they are carrying about that company or organizations objectives.  For example, that are bad cops out here in alot of jurisdictions in America, or to be more specific there are bad cops in New York.  Do I believe that all cops in New York are bad........no I do not.  There are some people that are employed by the NYPD that racially profile and give cops in New York a bad name, key word being SOME.  Same goes for just about any other profession in life.  From teachers, to firefighters to doctors.  Such is life in an imperfect world with imperfect people.  Same way how some members of the dominant society try to use a criminal black person seen or highlighted on TV and say that all blacks are criminals or whatever the case might be.  At the end of the day in regards to the Barney's situation I see it as an overzealous employee or employees that crossed the line against company policies and procedures as the executives of the company came out and gave a statement to correct the situation and stated they don't have a policy in place to operate in the manner that the employees in the wrong did, case closed.  

As I sit here and type this, as I just finished watching the State of the Union and the comments made by our President .......I can't help but to echo some of his same sentiments that he just expressed.  "We are a tight-knit family (NT Music Forum) who's made it through some very, very hard times."   I remember when Dipset threads were in abundance and at the forefront of the music forum here.  If that isn't a testament as to some of the difficult and very, very hard times that we had on this message board then I don't know what else.  We somehow made it through that storm however, and find ourselves on more solid ground.  

We no longer have to look back with great shame and embarrassment as the Dipset chapter has finally come to a close, with struggling Dipset reunion ticket sells and Camron about to be officially out of the music game.  It's like going to the gas station right now and seeing falling gas prices, you realize that things are getting better and it reminds some of us of the greater times of the past when things weren't so bad.  That how I truly feel about this forum as we move and press forward, and with me helping to lead the charge there's no doubt in my mind that some of the ignorance displayed by @BradNSU
 and others that has run rapid before will come to a close as I'm simply not having it in the future.  We can't afford to play these childish games anymore.  

"It's amazing what you can bounce back from when you have to.  We are a strong tight-knit family that has made it through some very, very hard times.  I believe we can lay a new foundation, a brighter future is ours to right, lets begin this new chapter together, and let's start the work right now.  Thank you.........God bless you.....may God bless this Music Forum that we love." 
All that nonsense you talkin is pure clown **** STOP SHUCKIN for JAY BRUH you too old to be defending a entertainer like that....

Last edited:

In regards to the rest of your nonsense, I'll wrap it up to be make as brief as possible.  When folks bought Hard Knock Life tour tickets they wanted to see and hear Jay, not Dame Dash.  Not to mention Jay was an owner of Rocafella Records so of course we have have to give him credit for the tour idea, as well as Dame and Biggs, not just Dame as you tried to prematurely do.  

When I said the term "higher level" I mean more in abundance................more in abundance champ.
After reading your post, I think it's safe to see that the left hemisphere of your brain is severely damaged homie because you clearly lack the ability to learn, reason and deduce. Because Jay was a CO-owner of the Roc, we have to give him the credit for the tour idea...wait what? Yes Jay was a Rocafella artist, and there was there most prominent one in 98 but that does not mean the tour was his idea. It was Dame's idea and  John Meneilly actually executed the details of the tour with Dame and Liles. That's a fact so just because it was a Rocafella/Def Jam tour doesn't mean it was Jay's idea.

Ample, sufficient, copious, or exuberant are terms that within the English language correspond with abundance, not higher level.  You've said a lot of sense regarding Jay and Nas over the years I've seen you post but your comment about Nas' financial situation comes across as ignorant, and uninformed. He has been rapping about struggles of Americans and the Black community before he had tax and child support issues. When Rob Parker was talking about RG III and cornball brothas, he was talking about people like you homie. When people bring up the higher learning about Nas, they are referring to his songs about sexism, relationships, psychology, friendship, health, identity, innocence,  and government.  You talk about how you watched Obama addressed the Nation earlier tonight, well let me break down something for you. One rapper makes a song outlining how this country is ready for a black president while the other one spits lines like "Obama said 'Chill, you're going to get me impreached', you don't need this s*** anyways, chill wit me on the beach". Jay is nice tho

Cam>>>>>jayz
DMX>>>>>jayz

Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>jayz

Nobody wants to here a 50yr old camel spit struggle bars

Jay got out rapped by meek mill

It's over. He's done, finished.

Bleak better than jay now.

Dude would've been done 13yrs ago but he stole young Chris whole life he's the rap vampire. That's why he's staying as close as he can to Ye holding on for dear life.

Dudes say some ridiculous comments, and then check for someone like Shy Glizzy or French Montana

Cam>>>>>jayz
DMX>>>>>jayz

Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>jayz

Dude would've been done 13yrs ago but he stole young Chris whole life he's the rap vampire. That's why he's staying as close as he can to Ye holding on for dear life.

Are you trying to look stupid or does it just come natural?

Cam>>>>>jayz
DMX>>>>>jayz

Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>jayz

Although this is harsh i do agree with it.
Jay-Z to me never had a prime. There was always some one doing it better then he was. He was always around but I was just never into it. I am always dumbfounded that people can put him in the Big Pac argument. Like Big was better then Jay at everything....everything. Pac will forever be in his own lane to me for charisma and being a revolutionary. Then people would be like oh but next to Big he was lyrically 2nd....no no he wasn't. L was superior Pun was superior, hell all of wu-tang was better (yes exageration but gza rae meth ghost all better)Then you have lazy, boring Jay-Z. I always thought X > Jay too.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Some straight up nonsense being said in this thread.

Jay-Z to me never had a prime. There was always some one doing it better then he was. He was always around but I was just never into it. I am always dumbfounded that people can put him in the Big Pac argument. Like Big was better then Jay at everything....everything. Pac will forever be in his own lane to me for charisma and being a revolutionary. Then people would be like oh but next to Big he was lyrically 2nd....no no he wasn't. L was superior Pun was superior, hell all of wu-tang was better (yes exageration but gza rae meth ghost all better)Then you have lazy, boring Jay-Z. I always thought X > Jay too.

Omillio thats you?

That's what your mom used to say over top of your crib at night.

Jays verse on love you no more is awful if u enjoyed it your taste in music is awful.

Thinking about it, I really don't know if Jay had a prime. I can't point to a real period where he was just destroying everything. He's just always been pretty good - great. But he never really got on a heater. Can't even say he strung 3 really dope projects together. Weird. To be the best rapper ever (I think he is), he's never really captured people's imaginations in some grand way like others. Nothing really wrong with that though.

He's one of the best businessmen in rap I'll give him that but there have always been dudes making better music.

He's boring as hell always has been.

But I'll let the usuals go back to talk about how much money he has.

Thinking about it, I really don't know if Jay had a prime. I can't point to a real period where he was just destroying everything. He's just always been pretty good - great. But he never really got on a heater. Can't even say he strung 3 really dope projects together. Weird. To be the best rapper ever (I think he is), he's never really captured people's imaginations in some grand way like others. Nothing really wrong with that though.

:rofl:

Pure comedy

Are you dudes trying to out do each other?

X reign was 98-03

Everything he dropped was fire went atleast platinum

The man dropped IDAHIH and FOMFBOMB IN THE SAME DAMN YEAR

Dude was the man, I can't speak for anyone else but that's what me and my boys were listening to not no damn jayz

X reign was 98-03

Everything he dropped was fire went atleast platinum

The man dropped IDAHIH and FOMFBOMB IN THE SAME DAMN YEAR

Dude was the man, I can't speak for anyone else but that's what me and my boys were listening to not no damn jayz

So that 2nd and thrird album from X were Classics? I like the 2nd album but classic? I don't know......

Back
Top Bottom