Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

X's 2nd album was FOMFBOMB hell yes it was classic

His 3rd album is the 5x platinum "And then there was X" also a classic

you dudes smokin sherm?

X's 2nd album was FOMFBOMB hell yes it was classic

His 3rd album is the 5x platinum "And then there was X" also a classic

you dudes smokin sherm?

So because it went 5x platinum its a classic? Let me find out thats what we are basing classics on. Word to Nelly.........

So because it went 5x platinum its a classic? Let me find out thats what we are basing classics on. Word to Nelly.........

Did I say that's why it was classic?

I was just informing you boys what his 3rd album was and how it did

Real talk, do yall just like entering Jay-Z threads for the fun of it? The hate is strong....

I get that YOU think its a classic cause thats what your boys listened to but, its moreso your opinion than anything. I bought the first three albums from X and I can really only say he had one true classic.

Last edited:
What's crazy is juvenile and jay have the same number of classic albums
Only 1
And juveniles is better than jays
400 degreez > blueprint

Real talk, do yall just like entering Jay-Z threads for the fun of it? The hate is strong....

I get that YOU think its a classic cause thats what your boys listened to but, its moreso your opinion than anything. I bought the first three albums from X and I can really only say he had one true classic.

Bro I don't care. DMX> jayz.

Bro I don't care. DMX> jayz.

Just admit you like hearing a grown man bark,scream & growl on tracks

People music is subjective. I openly admit i missed the jay-z train. I am 27 years old. Growing up and listening to Big and Pac i gave jay no play at all. Then when i was a pre-teen early teen it was all about X (and when it wasn't it was Pun, Wu, Big L, Outkast). I wanted that angry emotional music. It was what i liked. Thats why i loved early Em too. At no point was i into that monotone flow. Jay literally never had a radio hit for me growing up. The only single that really charted i can remember pre 2000 was Ill Be with foxy....does heartbreaker with Mariah count?

I just think its odd that people can't see how some one can not like a musical artist. I see why people like him...i just don't

Last edited:
People music is subjective. I openly admit i missed the jay-z train. I am 27 years old. Growing up and listening to Big and Pac i gave jay no play at all. Then when i was a pre-teen early teen it was all about X (and when it wasn't it was Pun, Wu, Big L, Outkast). I wanted that angry emotional music. It was what i liked. Thats why i loved early Em too. At no point was i into that monotone flow. Jay literally never had a radio hit for me growing up. The only single that really charted i can remember pre 2000 was Ill Be with foxy....does heartbreaker with Mariah count?

I just think its odd that people can't see how some one can not like a musical artist. I see why people like him...i just don't
Maybe it's the age I'm 27 myself

Jay never had a radio hit? :lol: hard knock life wasnt a hit?

Jay never had a radio hit? :lol: hard knock life wasnt a hit?

not to nit pick my own words but "radio hit for me". You could name every hit he had and i don't remember most of them. I do remember hard knock life...money ain't a thing....but it just never appealed to me. I was a huge Pac fan growing up he is still the GOAT in my eyes. Just trying to give you the mindset of some one who doesn't like jay-z. I respect the man a lot...but i don't want to listen to any of his CDs all the way through like i would with any of my other favorite artists

If JAY wasn't the "SELF PROCLAIMED MICHAEL JORDAN OF RAP" would we even be having this discussion?? JAY didn't really earned any of those titles he took it upon himself to call himself "THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE" "MIKE JORDAN OF RAP" etc...Nobody out of the late 90's early 00's call JAY that besides rappers from the SOUTH.....JAY got outshined by EMINEM on "RENEGADE" & we all know what happened to him on "ETHER" I don't care if he was banging NAS Babymomma either in the rap world JAY got smoked....On the big stage with other big name MC'S JAY got outshined & going head to head he got beat...JAY just wanted to accepted in the corporate world so if that means turning your back on your BEST FRIEND thats what he chose to do to be accepted....This typically happens in the entertainment world though they isolate our people by preaching individuality to them so in the end they won't have nobody riding with them so when they do fall from grace no one feels sorry for them & they break them financially .....Look at JACK JOHNSON, BILL COSBY, OJ SIMPSON, MICHAEL JACKSON, etc it's sad that BLACK FOLKS ain't realized it yet......I hate to say it they gonna come for JAY one day soon they polking him now with the EX DRUG DEALER HEADLINES in the news...

Last edited:
Its always funny when ppl say jay turned on dame, dame even said him & jay never had issues, just different business point of views

And what's crazy is jay and dame never spoke on why they stop doing business but everybody is sure that Jay turned his back on dame. I guess it's due to dames lack of success after the break up.

Dame was getting out of control signing anyone to rocafella & doing moves without jays input, thats why jay did the reebok deal solo

And what's crazy is jay and dame never spoke on why they stop doing business but everybody is sure that Jay turned his back on dame. I guess it's due to dames lack of success after the break up.

Dame was getting out of control signing anyone to rocafella & doing moves without jays input, thats why jay did the reebok deal solo
U mean doing his job and tryna sign acts to a record label
While one of the biggest acts on the label was retiring :rolleyes

Roc already had state property, he struck gold with ye & cam, then he signed a washed up odb & mop, then was trying hard to sign twista

& made cam vice president without jay knowing

Back
Top Bottom