Funkmaster Flex disses Jay-Z live on HOT 97 + Jay-Z buying HOT 97?

98-04 is Jay prime? This dude gotta be a ******* teenager...anybody who grew up during that time knows this is false.

Jay's biggest years were Vol. 2, Black Album and Kingdom Come. He wasn't the king of either of those years but maybe KC. He didn't have the best album either of those years. There was always better products out. Even though Vol. 2 is a damn good album there were a few albums that were much better that year.

Sucks this guy really turned out to be a *****. I'll never listen to BP, Vol 1 or 2 again. And those are all better than RD, TBA and AG. Not letting Jay or his hype team fool me into believing that RD was a classic and it never will be. His fake retirement album or his story telling AG album that was severely overrated

98-04 is Jay prime? This dude gotta be a ******* teenager...anybody who grew up during that time knows this is false.
Dude is right. When it comes to record sales. Jay was selling between 2.5 to 3 million every album from hard knock life to black album although his fame has risen since then.

Jay had the biggest record label & urban clothing in his prime, he even made our culture stop wearing jerseys

But they wanna discredit that mans legacy because a couple rappers came & went during his era on top

guess the thing with hov for me is that he'll drop a flame album and then follow it up with an avg one

But radio wise he did have it on lock during that run...even the avg albums had a radio smasher

Too many average and commercial albums. He was never running rap or crowned the best rapper until he called himself that right before TBA came out.

Jay had the biggest record label & urban clothing in his prime, he even made our culture stop wearing jerseys

But they wanna discredit that mans legacy because a couple rappers came & went during his era on top
Exactly. dude said that jay selling 5 million in 98 on one album is nothing because he liked DMX better.

Isn't Jay-Zs first and only number 1 track the New York joint with A Keys on the hook? He hasnt necessarily smashed radio in that since. 

Jay did not sell 5x in 98. Those numbers are "to date".

He did something like 3x, which is still impressive but let's not pad the numbers simply for the sake of argument.

Who ever said Jay put Ja and DMX on, that aint true.

Jay didnt even have commercial success until Vol. 2. He wasnt even the top selling artist at Def Jam at that time to have pull like that.

DMX>jayz

Cam>jayz

The End.

Individual tour dates and individual bank accounts say differently champ.  Thanks for your contribution however...........you tried to be the best of your ability, which was very little.  
It's an opinion.

What you just stated doesn't matter. Since when did tour dates and bank accounts determine who is the better rapper?

I don't deal with opinions champ, I deal with facts.
Then don't ******* quote it then.

Problem is you aint stating no facts in here. Just your own misguided opinion you believe is fact. Smarten up Deuce.

When you step it up to the next level and know what it takes to be a man you will know and understand the same.  If you don't like that or don't understand that get the **** off NT and take your *** over to lipstick alley with the rest of the gossiping females.
Put it in w/e light you want. You in here stating your opinion as if they're facts and getting mad about it.

Myself and others want to learn and want to do better and give back to this community to make it better. We don't want to hate on others that are in good or great positions such as Jay Z. That's something that you and the rest of the Dipset brigade can't seem to understand.
**** what you want.

If DMX with his celebrity rehab stints or Camron or his inability to spark any interest on his own just because can do any better then please let us know.

I think you need to grow up.

How old are you still looking for a role model/father figure in the arena of rap music?

You can't do for self? I mean seriously do any better? You the one that can't keep DMX or Cam's name out ya mouth with something steady negative. It's time to stop being a stan Deuce.
Otherwise stop wasting time on here trying to champion rappers that aren't doing anything of importance right now or are not in the mix right now.
If you don't like it, don't read. According to you, you're the only one wasting time.

Next time I correct you learn from it instead of whining about it and going off on a tangent cuz you feel some type of way.
 @Master Zik
 I want YOU and the rest of the misguided individuals that think like you to stop treasuring garbage, do you understand that champ??  You should be happy somebody like me is trying to help save a wretch like you...............amazing grace.  
Again, **** what you want.

Somebody like you? Somebody in to bestiality? Your camel love must've gave you syphilis cuz you talking extra reckless. You're brain must be rotting away. Take ya pills bruh. You are not of any significance to anyone else on this board especially not because you say so.

Anybody in here treasuring garbage in here is YOU. You'd think with all this success you constantly talk about for the man you love you'd stop propping him up like he needs you to carry him.

Get a life.
Now some people are starting to get it. I had to step up to the plate myself and make it happen but I'll be dammed if I let the forum I love and help stake a claim in fall by wayside and be taken over by fraudulent members or fraudulent posts...........NOT ON MY SHIFT.
How you sound son? Your shift? Look at your face and then go wash it thoroughly.

Open ya eyes son :lol:

Isn't Jay-Zs first and only number 1 track the New York joint with A Keys on the hook? He hasnt necessarily smashed radio in that since.

Jay did not sell 5x in 98. Those numbers are "to date".

He did something like 3x, which is still impressive but let's not pad the numbers simply for the sake of argument.

If jay z makes you change your whole style, then you have problems

Jay didnt even have commercial success until Vol. 2. He wasnt even the top selling artist at Def Jam at that time to have pull like that.
FACTS

Last edited:

Who was selling more than jay-z in 1998? Jay and x brought def jam back. LL had fell off at that point.Hard knock life was certified 5 times plat in 2000 two years after it came out and 5.4 to date .X Never sold 5 million. Dmx's biggest album "Flesh of my flesh blood of my blood  Sold 3 million to date .And yeah jay-z didn't have a top 40 #1 record until "empire state of mind" but is that what were talking? The pop charts? Jay-z has more #1 records than anybody rapper outside Drake on the hip hop charts. Yall acting jay aint put in work. Jay has number 9 number one hip hop records one less than drake who has the most of any rapper plus more number one albums than anybody in the history of music outside of Frank Sinatra. If you don't like his music that's one thing. I don't like every jay-z song or album but to act like dude aint put in work is just false. 

Facts

I don't want to bring up his numbers but those numbers look pretty funny on wiki. Like a fan just went up there and started to make **** up. Vol.2 sold A LOT. Great album but it was commercial as hell. Hard Knock Life and Can I Get A... are two weak *** songs and Jay is known to have these types of BS records on every album. That's why I don't think he has a classic albums outside of Blueprint. Too much filler and commercial on each album. Rush Hour and Ja Rule also helped push the hell out of that Can I Get A...********. **** those songs, such trash.

X's first album was at 4 mil and his third album was at 5 mil. The funny thing about X was schools, stores and families were banning his music. I knew kids that couldn't buy the album and weren't allowed to listen to it. I remember teachers giving students detention if they had anything related to DMX. He still managed to move all those records. Son had an unreal run in 98-00 :x :smh: :x DMX really changed rap that year and had everyone ****** up. RD, Vol. 1-3 and The Dynasty never had any impact like that. I would love for someone to come in here and try to dispute that.

And to the guy crying about #1 songs or albums and respecting what he put in. I would have a lot more respect if he retired when he said he would and stopped putting out trash and calling it great work. He's been putting out duds for over a decade now minus a hot feature or song here and there. "Glory" is probably his best song since 03. Son should really hang it the **** up.

Last edited:
We're talking about record sales
laugh.gif
dude said jay wasn't the top selling artist at def jam. I assume he's talking about sales.

I don't want to bring up his numbers but those numbers look pretty funny on wiki. Like a fan just went up there and started to make **** up. Vol.2 sold A LOT. Great album but it was commercial as hell. Hard Knock Life and Can I Get A... are two weak *** songs and Jay is known to have these types of BS records on every album. That's why I don't think he has a classic albums outside of Blueprint. Too much filler and commercial on each album. Rush Hour and Ja Rule also helped push the hell out of that Can I Get A...********. **** those songs, such trash.

X's first album was at 4 mil and his third album was at 5 mil. The funny thing about X was schools, stores and families were banning his music. I knew kids that couldn't buy the album and weren't allowed to listen to it. I remember teachers giving students detention if they had anything related to DMX. He still managed to move all those records. Son had an unreal run in 98-00
sick.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
DMX really changed rap that year and had everyone ****** up. RD, Vol. 1-3 and The Dynasty never had any impact like that. I would love for someone to come in here and try to dispute that.

And to the guy crying about #1 songs or albums and respecting what he put in. I would have a lot more respect if he retired when he said he would and stopped putting out trash and calling it great work. He's been putting out duds for over a decade now minus a hot feature or song here and there. "Glory" is probably his best song since 03. Son should really hang it the **** up.
Nobody is denying what x did. I was young dude in 99-00 and i remember that feeling x  gave me. But a 3 year  run doesn't determines your place in hip hop.Please dont talk about hangin it up when dmx hasn't put out a decent song in 11 years literally. When was the last time somebody mentioned a dope dmx verse. 

Last edited:
It's true X had a 3 year run, but by that same logic, so did Biggie. So regardless of the circumstances, they both left something memorable for hip hop fans...

X was too much of a junkie and didn't put much effort into maintaining his status so he's a forgotten cause..lol

X's first album was at 4 mil and his third album was at 5 mil. The funny thing about X was schools, stores and families were banning his music. I knew kids that couldn't buy the album and weren't allowed to listen to it. I remember teachers giving students detention if they had anything related to DMX. He still managed to move all those records. Son had an unreal run in 98-00 :x :smh: :x DMX really changed rap that year and had everyone ****** up. RD, Vol. 1-3 and The Dynasty never had any impact like that. I would love for someone to come in here and try to dispute that.

Repped
Always spittin that truth
That's why I ***** with u

Nobody is denying what x did. I was young dude in 99-00 and i remember that feeling x  gave me. But a 3 year  run doesn't determines your place in hip hop.Please dont talk about hangin it up when dmx hasn't put out a decent song in 11 years literally. When was the last time somebody mentioned a dope dmx verse. 

DMX should hang it up and should have hung it up after Grand Champ, his fifth album. But he's only put out two albums since and both were bad. Jay has put out certified trash Blueprint 2, Kingdom Come, Blueprint 3 and MCHG. So there's four, I don't like AG or TBA so that's six albums I don't **** with. He should have hung it up a while ago. People said Peyton Manning looked bad a couple weeks ago, Jay Z been out here looking like Peyton Manning at the age of 65 for the last decade. He's hurting his legacy.

It's true X had a 3 year run, but by that same logic, so did Biggie. So regardless of the circumstances, they both left something memorable for hip hop fans...

X was too much of a junkie and didn't put much effort into maintaining his status so he's a forgotten cause..lol

Bringing up Biggie is a great comparison. Both had a big run but were both short. I don't think X is the greatest or anything, not sure how is name even got brought up. I'll take his debut album over any Jay album. Jay has never come close to an album that paints pictures as detailed or dark as X has. Those tracks make you feel like you're right there.

Repped
Always spittin that truth
That's why I ***** with u

Come on son. You know what it is my guy.

I brought up record sales because according to this thread that correlates with influence, not that I really think that has anything to do with the topic at hand.

X's first album came out before Vol. 2, which was a #1 Album, and guess what? Jay didnt have a #1 album until Vol. 2. You know what? On top of it, if I remember right DMX brought out 2 albums in '98, both #1 albums and were rotated HEAVY here in NYC. So to say Jay put DMX on is FALSE. And that's the truth, Ruth.

DMX had dudes out here rocking Fox Racing long sleeve shirts in the middle of summer sweating their *** off, breh. Lets not get it twisted.

Cam>>>>>jayz
DMX>>>>>jayz

Big L>>>>>>>>>>>>jayz

Nobody wants to here a 50yr old camel spit struggle bars

Jay got out rapped by meek mill

It's over. He's done, finished.

Bleak better than jay now.

Dude would've been done 13yrs ago but he stole young Chris whole life he's the rap vampire. That's why he's staying as close as he can to Ye holding on for dear life.

Although this is harsh i do agree with it.
Jay-Z to me never had a prime.

Pick a prime, b. Word to my SN.

View media item 1364262
View media item 1364263
View media item 1364264

I find a lot of jay fans are younger than 27-28 and older than 20.

Most of that generation really missed a lot of runs in hiphop and pretty much had jay as their only source. And there is no doubt he killed the game with a lot of hits and he embodies a certain rags to riches mentality that a lot of people relate too.

He is hardly a game changer tho. That was never his thing, his hits are trendy. His producers are trendy, and there is no problem with that, that is how he was able to stay relevant for so long.

But jay himself, hardly a trend setter in rap or hip hop, maybe his fashion. Which really was just one line "I don't wear jerseys in 30+"

Back
Top Bottom