FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Think I'm gonna get the Detolf today. Who has the link to buy the clear shelves for it?

Also need to get rid of these for retail + shipping. All boxes are mint. Will split the Walgreens set up. PM me.

Last edited:
How much for Gogo? And I have the link for the acrylic displays on my laptop, I'll post in a bit.

Got the harley quinn, deadpool hot exclusives
also the netflix daredevil was in my hot topic. also got Knightmare batman!!! My first batman im keeping. and the one im taking with me overseas to photobomb everything

decided to put the GG debate in spoiler tag as to not clog up this board with negativity that doesn't need to be there.

Def not accusing you of being a reseller
but this one particular sentence is sort of what i was talking about. it's not a crime to not want something or even not want to pay over retail. but also don't make it seem like if it wasn't for the couple of stories you heard of employees hoarding them it's the reason you can't find one. especially after Peru's scenario he posted. someone was going to grab a bunch anyway. and also as he said if you were to step in tere today. are you really only taking 1 and leaving the other 3 on the shelf.........your either going to come up yourself or help the others YOU want to help.. either way you're doing it for something that benefits you. So let's not go out with the torches for these workers who are trying to comeback up tooo.
you pretty much articulated what I said well better.

what has made it an easier come up, got people a bit salty because it wasn't as easy as they thought.

People still have to realize there are over 8000 walgreens (thats more stores than hot topic fye, barnes target combined), and i doubt/know for a fact not everyone got a case of these, it really is dependent on your store manager ordering them and even then it may not even be these. each ase may or may not have 1/4 chases in it.

It seems we've had several members on here come up... yet aint seen 1 offer for retail +shipping. this is just the nature of supply and demand.. if you want it grab it.

I'm a fan of all flocked. I have about 4/5 flocked characters some im not even a fan of the series. so i know what you mean by you just like metallic. but best believe i paid for them. (not $100 outrageous) but i paid a bit for my flocked ghost... because i wanted him

I don't feel like it's negativity, it's a healthy debate / conversation that shouldn't get out of hand. I'll put in spoiler tho so we don't have a wall of text.

Def not accusing you of being a reseller
but this one particular sentence is sort of what i was talking about. it's not a crime to not want something or even not want to pay over retail. but also don't make it seem like if it wasn't for the couple of stories you heard of employees hoarding them it's the reason you can't find one. especially after Peru's scenario he posted. someone was going to grab a bunch anyway. and also as he said if you were to step in tere today. are you really only taking 1 and leaving the other 3 on the shelf.........your either going to come up yourself or help the others YOU want to help.. either way you're doing it for something that benefits you. So let's not go out with the torches for these workers who are trying to comeback up tooo.

I'm not saying that employees hiding them is the sole reason why I can't find one. The reason I can't find one is most likely because I'm not trying hard enough. I took a shot at a whim by going to two stores one day out of the week and found nothing. But after reading many people (including myself) tell stories about Walgreens employees, managers, etc. hoarding shipments of these things, it does make that small chance of "finding" one that much smaller. Like you said, it's a Chase. The odds were small enough.. throw in people taking them in the back and you have even smaller odds. The more word spreads about POPs and their values, Walgreens employees and other retailers will most likely start following suit. Barnes and Noble employees usually have no idea what these things are for the most part unless they're the person who stocks them.. even then, I don't know if they'd have any idea if a Chase POP landed on their shelf. Imagine if they did. We would never find one again. I'm not going to threaten people's jobs over this, man. I'm just saying I think it's BS that they aren't even at least hitting sales shelves. For a measly $15-$20 profit, they're taking the "hunt" out of the equation for collectors (hypebeast or not) and making a highly sought after thing un-findable (not sure if that's a word). One of my "bucket list" things regarding this POP hobby is finding a Chase in the wild, I posted that when I started in this thread. If this trend ends up with all retailers managers following suit, that'll never happen. And that sucks.

Also, If I found a shelf of Chase GGs, I'd do what I did with the BvS pack.. there were 2 packs on the shelf when I went. I grabbed mine, walked out without a second thought. Posted on here I'd go back and check for someone if they needed it, knowing they had one when I went. Could I have copped it when I got mine? Yeah. Could I have copped one for trade at least, since I'm clearly not a reseller? Hell yeah. But then what if someone like me strolled in 15 minutes after me looking for it too? I left it in hopes that someone who wanted it would find it. Not have to buy it on eBay. If I had gone back for Maxdunker 2 days later and still found it, I'd have copped for him. For retail + shipping, as I told him I would. Same I'd do for the GG Chase if I went back and someone on here needed it. Retail + shipping. If someone wanted to pay a little extra for the help, that's cool. But really it's a homie / famb thing and I wanna help others out where I can.

And on that note all my chase pops are in
laugh.gif

All have some sort of box damage. Hopefully the one I paid full for is minty lol
I'm an OOP collector, so if you're looking to get rid of one, I'll be glad to take it off of your hands.

Here's the thing with the Chase Goblin, there are a bunch of collectors that don't have one Chase in their collection even though they have hundreds of pops. A Chase figure is supposed to be a random thing like previously mentioned, no way to track it to a character much less a specifice location. So I think a lot of the anger was based off the fact everybody had actual knowledge and a means to acquire these things and still some missed.

In regards to my decision to buy as many as possible at retail. Everything a human does on earth is done to benefit themselves in some fashion or form. That's a whole different philosophical discussion for somewhere else. Regardless I bought 6 total to improve my collection and also give those without a Chase an opportunity to dump multiples for worthwhile return.

I'm just not ok with simply sitting by and allowing POPS to become sneaker 2.0 without me going trial and error on a method to control it to a certain degree. You can say thats an attempt at a God complex or I'm contributing to the problem by hoarding multiples but I'm OK with that if it means I'll be given the opportunity to try and get these back to actual collectors at retail in some fashion. I'll play Robin hood if it means I gotta take some harsh comments about a method that's not perfect but is the lesser of two evils.

Not gonna lie, this Chase Goblin brought some excitement into the hunt process again. Lol!

I did, copped Cyborg and Raven. Went back the next day for Beast Boy and he was gone, along with all the extras of the others. Well, there was only a extra Raven. Would've copped Beast Boy but copped the BvS pack too.

30% off @ Hot Topic for today.
Had to grab Major Marquis Warren :pimp:
View media item 1903998

Literally JUST saw the movie last night and said to myself I need these characters as pops! Had no idea they were being released. Now it's a struggle to figure out which ones to not buy!

Definitely gonna do some blood splatter customs and a severely beat up Daisy! Lol!

Last edited:
Top row was today's pickups-first four were found at HT, KMBM at Gamestop.

So, while I was at HT, some guy bought 12 pink Harleys.  I was going to keep my mouth shut, but decided to ask him if he was going to flip them.  His response back to me was "hell yeah, these are sold out everywhere."  I then told him that they were still available on HT's website, and pointed out some auctions that ended for $16.  He went quiet, but then asked  if I wanted one before leaving.  He plans on selling them for $20, and as he put it, "you won't find them cheaper than with me."

He's going to make like 1 dollar after pp fees, shipping(if it's priority), and tax on the figures. Everyone will find them cheaper than his price lol

I've read on the facebook groups that the Green Goblin chases are being put out by the 4s cause they are making up for not being in the first wave. Idk how true that is though

I did, copped Cyborg and Raven. Went back the next day for Beast Boy and he was gone, along with all the extras of the others. Well, there was only a extra Raven. Would've copped Beast Boy but copped the BvS pack too.

yea i initially went to TRU to look for the Marvel Legends Spider Gwen, i continued to look at the other action figures and they had about 3 of each Teen Titan except Robin in the small Teen Titan toy section my TRU has. i couldnt believe it so i snatched a Cyborg, Starfire and Raven with the quickness.

yea i initially went to TRU to look for the Marvel Legends Spider Gwen, i continued to look at the other action figures and they had about 3 of each Teen Titan except Robin in the small Teen Titan toy section my TRU has. i couldnt believe it so i snatched a Cyborg, Starfire and Raven with the quickness.
Did they have Beast Boy?

Tired of getting the run around from Walgreens when I call. Showing online they in stock. Called three different stores. When I called the first store, as soon as I mentioned Pops he stated GG was already gone with one on hold. Told him I'm just looking for Iron Spidey at the moment. Said they had it, went to grab it, came back and said it was on hold for someone already. The next two stores I called I asked for Spidey, didn't even mention GG, but right way they stated it was on hold. Both reps initially said they Iron Spidey, but after long holds from both turns out they didn't. A different rep came back to the phone each time.

Bout to focus on other figures I want and just keep my fingers crossed I catch the Walgreens Pops whenever I visit one.

Tired of getting the run around from Walgreens when I call. Showing online they in stock. Called three different stores. When I called the first store, as soon as I mentioned Pops he stated GG was already gone with one on hold. Told him I'm just looking for Iron Spidey at the moment. Said they had it, went to grab it, came back and said it was on hold for someone already. The next two stores I called I asked for Spidey, didn't even mention GG, but right way they stated it was on hold. Both reps initially said they Iron Spidey, but after long holds from both turns out they didn't. A different rep came back to the phone each time.

Bout to focus on other figures I want and just keep my fingers crossed I catch the Walgreens Pops whenever I visit one.

If you need Iron Spidey I'll send you one at cost and shipping.

Back
Top Bottom