FX' Fargo Sunday 10PM ET : Season 4 Episode 8 "The Nadir" Starring Chris Rock 11/08/20

Finale was really good.
Everybody got it.
Daniel Rand is Iron Fist.
He told her that was what his name was, Rand. Danny., when she was questioning him at the very end.

I'd also like to know who tipped him off, I think it was Nikki, to bring him downstairs and send the rest upstairs running in a panic so they could be attacked.

Emits right hand man in a wheel chair.
That seizure/stroke got his *** something fierce.
:wow: at the woman wanting to buy Stussy Lots Limited being one of Varga's team.
What do you guys think happened between then at the end?
Rikers and snicker or the guy saying release him?

Given that this is Fargo and that Fargo-things happen... Varga walks out.  

Watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World right now for MEW.

eek.gif
at the woman wanting to buy Stussy Lots Limited being one of Varga's team.
i dont think she was part of the team.. that was just the payoff for giving dude the alibi during his brother's murder

dude was just super paranoid when he made that claim

pretty sure she just bought the company while he ate the debt, which got wiped away when he filed chapter 11.. pretty sure they were just paying him off to keep quiet and then eat the debt on the chapter 11

so she was just another pawn to varga and co

loved the final episode. this season ended up being a little more bold with the direction and pacing. most of it worked. just going by my memories of how much i was into each season i'd still rate them 1>2>3 but they're all fantastic and unique.

It had its moments and I really liked it.

But given the season I can see some's dissatisfaction. This wrapped up in no way like s1 or s2.

That had finality to it. This finale was so Noah Hawley and so midway through a Coen Bros. flick though.

I got it and really appreciated the writing and acting cuz of it.

Last edited:
id call it lackluster

nikki was the hero actually fightin varga and she gets killed by a random cop
eyes.gif
 (why he had to be black too 
mean.gif
)

was deaf dude in love or something?

at least that smirking asian dude got killed they shoulda shown it 
mean.gif

the cop was the robot in the story and the irs guy was the higher race? 
nerd.gif

That bothered me that he was black too. One of the ONLY black characters all season and that's how they played him? >D

There was something just really unsatisfying about the Varga v Swango face off. Like they played chess the entire time then to have them only basically walk into a warehouse then walk out.

Really enjoyed the finale, and season overall.

Interesting that a lot of you seem so dissatisfied. What did you guys want?

I case y'all forgot about wrench and Malvos interaction

But isn't wrench deaf? How did he hear what malvo was saying? Or is he just a mute? I could've swore Nikki had to write in the snow and numbers had to use sign language 100% to communicate with wrench. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I wanted Emmit to die. Got that.
I wanted Swango to solve the case. Didn't get that.
I wanted another flashback to Nazi Germany to wrap that up even though we pieced it together. Didn't get that.
I wanted to know who the man at the bar was. Didn't get that.
I wanted to see Yuri's fate. Didn't get that.
I wanted background on Varga. Didn't get that.
I wanted the new chief to go down for being an idiot or an accomplice. Didn't get that.

I wanted another flashback to Nazi Germany to wrap that up even though we pieced it together. Didn't get that.
I wanted the new chief to go down for being an idiot or an accomplice. Didn't get that.

Man I wanted that guy to get capped somehow so bad it's not even funny :lol:

Dude was such a jack*** to Gloria man

How you remember all that but not that he reads lips?
:lol: Said it before me.

She was never gonna solve the case despite figuring it out same way Malvo and Nygard were never going to be arrested by Hanks and ol girl.

Varga, again, is like Malvo. No way they could've gone in to that guy's background other than a comment or short story of some past incident.

Ol spooky white guy from Twin Peaks was near supernatural in his appearance for that entire scene. I don't where they start.

Wasted opportunity not killing the new dumb police chief :lol:

Last edited:
They wasted a whole episode in LA. They could've advanced the story back home in THAT episode, left the bar dude out, drop the dumb robot animation and in a later episode, done some Varga background or flashbacks. The fake Stussy (stepfather) background could've been explained while old girl was investigating.

Last edited:
I mean sure if it was done your way you would've liked it more.

Overall, I enjoyed the season but not as much as the first 2. You can point as the individual stuff as bad decisions but in get why it was done and how it still remained Fargo. The season not being as satisfying does make those things just seem weird and out there (animation, dude at the bowling alley, etc.).

I like to keep in mind how this season started anyway.

Probably for any other writer/creator, these choices would've been all over the place. Instead we got a season not as tight and climactic as the previous but I feel there's a reason for that and a message in how the finale didn't resolve in a clear thrilling conclusive way.

like i cant see how ray/emmett was the story we were introduced to and halfway thru ray is killed in a manner as blase as it could get

this season felt uninspired, like because they had good actors, a good story would just jump off the page

criminally underutilized sheriff eli

i guess mr wrench was supposed to be a shock to faithful viewers but i forgot all about s01 by now

he could have been anybody in this story, any random criminal in custody

agreed the la ep was pointless in the grand scheme of things

stussy sr gets killed and its such a tragedy but when more stussys die its just window dressing

if its gonna go on like this glad for this to be the last season

it was honestly a chore and a bore this season

Ray was just a loser. Didn't lose much there.

Emmit was the one Nina real fix.

Stussy Sr.'s death was a tragedy specifically for one of the main characters. That's the only person it mattered to and her son. The other Stussy deaths were part of an elaborate cover up that successfully fooled the police. Especially given it was a crime unrelated to Vargas but threatened his operation.

That someone named Stussy (mostly unrelated to the story) died doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
I liked the finale even though things didn't turn out how I wanted

It felt true to the Coen form

Emmit / Ray Stussy was hands down the weak link of this other wise great cast / characters

Can't tell if it was Ewan McGregor or the role he had to play :lol:

V.M. Varga & Nikki Swango co-MVPs of the season :smokin :pimp: :pimp:

Season 3 was a good watch liked it a lot

Back
Top Bottom