FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Isn’t this the guy that shot himself?

I’m curious how many episodes he’s in

The guys on the ringer prestige pod made an excellent point contrasting him killing himself and thus not accepting that new world in spite of the wise words he said.. vs white doug accepting things and going along

But that’s why I think the episode would have been more interesting from a different perspective.. someone not prepared to end things but also not willing to accept defeat

If anything should be painfully obvious to everyone in the states or anyone paying attention to things happening in the states, white people don’t just accept shh

If anything should be painfully obvious to everyone in the states or anyone paying attention to things happening in the states, white people don’t just accept shh

You listened to the podcast? My man. It was very insightful.

As far as your last comment...since the beginning of time.

Also a great point raised in the pod, how black women of different skin complexions are being portrayed vs light skin women

Obviously nothing new, but not the first time within the show a darker skinned black woman has been portrayed in a combative way

You listened to the podcast? My man. It was very insightful.

As far as your last comment...since the beginning of time.

Yea I listened.. I usually listen to the midnight boys, so listen to both regularly

It was good but I wish they touched on certain obviously missing aspects.. like what does a sage Steele do now do

Obviously they can revisit this more and further explore.. and used the white Doug as the dude willing to aspect

Last edited:

Isn’t this the guy that shot himself?

1649968493534.jpeg

Cancer attack :rofl: Then getting booed for checking.

This white boy was so randomly weird and ominous :lol:

Knowing his # and unreleased songs.

****ed up this shady evil white boy had it and then chucked it.

My cousin Diana sent me this about yesterdays episode.

Episode 5 is about selective gatekeeping: restrictions for some, unchecked access for others.

- The security guard carefully tracks Earn's movements backstage but seconds later some random white guy breezes through.

- We the viewers are just supposed to accept that Socks should be in the mix with Paperboi, Earn and Darius even though he serves no purpose.

- Socks directs the flow of their evening. When his strip club idea is rejected, he takes Paperboi's phone as a means to control their time and movements anyway.

- Wiley's uncle tries to keep Earn from calling his nephew about the theft. First he doesn't have Wiley's number, then it's too late to call Wiley's dad to reach him. Earn only gets the number after seeing Wiley's resume on the desk.

- Socks decides it is his place to speak for Earn and Paperboi, snatching the phone away to play the white Liam Neeson. He is enraged when Earn keeps him out of the interrogation room, feeling entitled to be in there.

- Paperboi hasn't written for 7 months and just as he finally finds the words (documenting raps in his phone) Socks steals his voice, effectively gatekeeping his artistic expressions.

- In the last scene, Socks is standing there positioned like an actual gatekeeper as they board the bus.

I hope they explain in a future episode who sent Socks and why. He's the cancer they need to cut out.

same conclusion they used to roll up on cancer kid and 32 year old nephew all apply to socks

plus I was just assumed they’d try to call the phone around cancer kid AND then things woild get awkward trying get it back

- We the viewers are just supposed to accept that Socks should be in the mix with Paperboi, Earn and Darius even though he serves no purpose.

I see and agree with most of your points outside of this one

I think we all was wondering why the hell dude was still around especially after the shh he did in episode 3

Whole time I was like why they ain’t ditch this dude yet.. plus him being overly extra

Kept assuming at some point someone in the crew would raise the point that they don’t know dude like that

Back
Top Bottom