FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

tumblr_inline_n8kaym5y6S1rovxo1.gif

It's not music I actively seek out and I think the genre is by and large terrible.

Take that however you want to.

You stupid as **** opinion of music that's what I take from it :lol:

A genre that spans 70 years and gave birth to Rock n roll and hip hop is overall terrible?

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Cool. What does that matter when the bulk of the subject matter is not appealing or that it just doesn't sound good.

Last edited:
Subject matter? whar are you even going on about? :lol:

Love? Sex? Social injustice? Partying? Family dynamics? Break up?

RnB has the same subject matter as all other genres of music, which whatever the song is about your listening too.

I think he may be talking about the current R/B artists being subpar. Anytime Drake is considered an R/B artist the quality has dropped significantly. Gone are the days of Mary J Blidge, ( pre scandal ) R Kelly, (late 90's/ early 2000's) Usher, Alicia Keys, and so on. 

I'm talking current and historical. And the vast majority of R&B I hear is about love and I quite frankly don't want to hear about that in my music (with certain exceptions which are few and in-between)

I don't particularly like framing it this way but the genre is just too soft for my liking. Overall not my thing.

Last edited:
Marvin Gaye? Prince? MJ?

Hell Half the **** Drake does?

The things I read on this site
Don't get me wrong I F with R&B it's just not my favorite when it comes to choosing between Rap and R&B. I can get down with a few R&B songs on an album(I love me some pop catchy music on a project). But I started out listening to him on a hip hop level. Give me another BTI that had a mix of both where I can vibe through the entire tracklist.

Like I said earlier I really enjoyed Mac Miller's new album where he went a different route but I do not see Childish giving a great album on that level.

That's just me tho. I will check out on release day.

Cool. What does that matter when the bulk of the subject matter is not appealing or that it just doesn't sound good.
can't this be said for hip-hop as well?
Not what I listen to. I'd be hard pressed to find R&B music that touches on the subject matters that I care to hear about in my music. Of that I am sure.

Conversely you're not getting a mass about of rap songs solely about being in love with women whereas you have entire albums of R&B that are about that.

I don't listen to a lot of Yung Thug.

Last edited:
Was watching Dope the other day and realized the dude that plays Darius is the bully that was trying to take everyone's kicks lol

Back
Top Bottom