FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Sometimes shows just be over my head acting fake deep. Where's the toilet jokes?

the thing is tho none of these concepts are hard to get :lol:

Those episode descriptions are funny bc it’s like he watched his own **** knew it was mid and decided to Eminem the impending criticism by saying “it’s too deep for y’all” in a sarcastic way :lol:

1649566339340.png

1649566377115.png

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the show, but I just don’t really get the messages of the 2 pivot episodes

Even in a interview Glover mildly says that the first episode was a break from the norm. I get ppl being upset but the veil been drawn, since PaperBoi made it the show ain't exactly about what happens to the characters

Rather not have these episodes but it's interesting the sequence that world could take (I believe one of the foster parents was in the meeting bout letting ppl go)

You don’t understand the actual messages individually? Or as it relates to paperbois story?

Both episodes are based on real world concerns…

individually

take the first episode, ain’t hard to get people do shh differently and the concerns of people raising kids of different ethnicities.. at the same time slapping the kid in public ain’t cool

sooo are they saying be happy with what you got cause sh could get a whole lot worse?

and the last episode, are we supposed to sympathize with the white dude

individually

take the first episode, ain’t hard to get people do shh differently and the concerns of people raising kids of different ethnicities.. at the same time slapping the kid in public ain’t cool

sooo are they saying be happy with what you got cause sh could get a whole lot worse?

You have to like it because it’s #deep

Them doing a metaphor for reparations is so #woke

:lol:

Son gave him the play and he wasn't trying to hear that **** at all :lol:
Its like reality. We tell them all the time how to treat us. However, other white people say play hard ball.

I recommend folks check out the Ringer review of episode four. Great review.

I get the complaints about the show not being serialized at the moment. I enjoy the social commentary and dark humor of it. It reminds me of the Farside comic strip.

My thing with episode 4, I wish we got a few similar moments to episode 1

episode 1, we saw that moment with the police officer where the white people were given the benefit of the doubt.. and we also saw the social worker

they could have had white Doug go to a lawyer or something

My thing with episode 4, I wish we got a few similar moments to episode 1

episode 1, we saw that moment with the police officer where the white people were given the benefit of the doubt.. and we also saw the social worker

they could have had white Doug go to a lawyer or something
Didn’t episode four directly tie into one? Earn was the guy in the boat explaining whiteness. Then he tries to escape from it as he discovers his family’s past that was buried like all this bodies under the lake….turn out the only escape was to kill himself.

The only curiosity is episode one ended with Ern waking up from a dream. This one didn’t just the fantasy of every black person.

But if it‘s the fantasy of every black person, why not tell the story from that perspective instead of humanizing the white guy

hell i kept expecting white Doug to snap and say some racist shh.. or doing something to himself or others.. so essentially a glorified joker one bad day thing

also thought it might be the whole 23 and me thing backfiring on people, but he said he didn’t do it

I think it’s been pretty obvious that there’s an emphasis on exploring the relationship between black folks and white folks. Episodes 1 &4 were pretty clear about that, while 2 & 3 had it interwoven into the “traditional” Atlanta episode structure that we’re used to.

I really don’t think there’s much more to it than that. Each episode is it’s own entity that doesn’t necessarily have to tie in to the bigger story. Did anyone else catch the nod to “Tales From the Hood” in episode 3?? Glover has stated that he wants to make black fairy tales and tell short stories. Sounds like TFTH right?

The issues people have with the show stem from their need to have a linear story because that’s traditional TV storytelling. It’s pretty clear that isn’t how this is going to go, so I don’t understand the complaints.

I liked that he was a sympathetic character at times. It’s really not so black and white (no pun).

Unsure how the episode really fits with the rest of the season, but I figure I’d be better able to tell after the season.

I have zero issue with them exploring these relationships and issues

I’m just trying to understand more, especially episode 4

my only issue with episode 1 are, are we expected to excuse the actions of the kid‘s actual family because of the horrific actions of those white people.. or society being willing to ignore obvious issues with the white people

Son gave him the play and he wasn't trying to hear that **** at all :lol:

nah.. that is not the play.. acknowledging wrong and agreeing to whatever she wants, aint it

white, black, brown, whatever the hell else go and speak with an attorney

speaking with an attorney doesn’t mean you’re putting up a fight

however whatever agreement/settlement is negotiated and reached, at the very least you have things in writing.. the attorney shouldnt be emotionally invested and should speak to what is in your ultimate best interests

I think it’s been pretty obvious that there’s an emphasis on exploring the relationship between black folks and white folks. Episodes 1 &4 were pretty clear about that, while 2 & 3 had it interwoven into the “traditional” Atlanta episode structure that we’re used to.

I really don’t think there’s much more to it than that. Each episode is it’s own entity that doesn’t necessarily have to tie in to the bigger story. Did anyone else catch the nod to “Tales From the Hood” in episode 3?? Glover has stated that he wants to make black fairy tales and tell short stories. Sounds like TFTH right?

The issues people have with the show stem from their need to have a linear story because that’s traditional TV storytelling. It’s pretty clear that isn’t how this is going to go, so I don’t understand the complaints.
White guy from both eps would agree. Wouldn't be surprised if he pops up again.

individually

I think it’s a matter of creative expression. This thread case in point. A lot of people didn’t know that these episodes were loosely based on real events.

1st episode - there are several lakes that were former affluent black towns that were flooded out. And the family story was based on a true story except everyone dies

4th episode - there are states addressing the reparations issue. CA and GA more recently. It highlights from day one how non blacks (mainly whites) have always had an upper hand because they thrived off of others. And that has been passed on from generation to generation. Whereas blacks are always trying to play catch up until a generation is able to break that curse.
The episode highlights how Doug is essentially living the life he has to because of his ancestors active decisions. While blacks to this day are living the life they have to because of the decisions made for us. So we see the perspective of a white man going through it. It’s the norm for black people so it dosent garner as much attention.
That’s the gist. It’s so many layers.

Take even something like the shirt with that 1 dude, it says “I owned slaves”

could easily have said “my family owned slaves”..

why play into stereotypes with the sheniqua character

Back
Top Bottom