FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Earn having the whole situation from the reading playing on the TV at the bar. :smh: I guess the lady had deep represses feeling for black men?

Pent up up issues from childhood, college, holding on whatever slight he feels, Van/a child plus dealing with his toddler cousin who can't reset a password without help.

Being successful probably exacerbated since he's not in survival mode anymore and has time to process

Didn't realize how much I missed this show even in those short couple of months since season 3 ended. Both episodes were fire.

Earn's plot and the author's connecting in that way caught me off guard. This is a sick ___ :lol:

I also never expected for them to double-back and flesh out Earn's history, this is the exact kind of series where a detail about someone would get tossed out in casual conversation and then moved past.

Hopefully, all of the tangential episode haters are happy.

Loved the first two episodes.

The Ringer review show was a great accompanying addition to give alternative perspectives.

Nice cameo by Earl Sweatshirt. Never knew he did Easter egg scavenger hunts. I got the reference to his death.

It was cool that they all were stuck in those loops/purgatory and came together at the end.

Episode two had that one scene with the feels. Definitely gives insight into Earn.

I wish we got insight into where everyone was in their life. It just keeps that aspect sooo vague. We literally saw Van feeding people body parts. And it’s all left behind.

Love this show.

Glad to see Earn got other clients and a long career ahead of him.

Paperboi can’t function without him at the end of the day.

The only person Earn trust is Darius? Wasn’t excepting that…

I’m curious if Earn big petty to go after Tracy after season two?

And with his trauma, I’d expect Earn to move mountain and earth for Darius, Alfred, and Van.

He kept checking on van in Europe. Took care of Alfred when he was tripping (even though Alfred doubted him over and over). Darius is Darius, I agree. He’s on the team even though he doesn’t adult.

I just started season 3. Oh **** they on Lake Lanier. Tariq Nasheed been talking about that for years. It was prosperous black town and of course white folks came through and ruined it. People really do end up dead on that Lake.

Ah man this episode about that lesbian couple that adopted those black kids and killed them a few years ago.

Last edited:
Earn definitely needs therapy

But F that bish.. zero sympathy

As was pointed out by the ringer guys, we didn’t see the impact of her actions on earn’s family.. we don’t know what that did to his daughter or van

Plus the larger picture of him missing the opportunity to conquer a past trauma.. plus have his daughter and van seen him in that situation plus building connects for his daughter in the future

That’s a weird technique they use. Did a lot of last season make you sympathize for the stories antagonist.

Guess we won’t see Earn this season.

The pool was his final date.

It is always fun to nit pick this show especially last seasons artsy fartsy take.
With that said enjoyed episode 2. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom