Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
my dumba** drank too much hennessy tonight and went to the original page I bookmarked for this thread, sittin here thinkin these were about to release at some other spots still....smh

...now i wonder if the factory here got them?...im bout to run up the street and break in and grab a pair (just kidding)....see this is what i meant when i said we should be the first to get things like a shoe based from a Memphis player...I called and stores said they weren't getting the shoes and the shoes are shipping out from my hometown! smh! the question was asked where does nike ship from and Memphis, TN was the answer
It's just where the distribution center is located. It has nothing to do with Penny or anything. It was probably cheap open land, kinda centrally located in the States and a lot of over seas orders go through Memphis so why not make it where Nike's hub is. 

What Memphis gets is a few hundred happily employed people at a dist center with who probably get discounts

It's just where the distribution center is located. It has nothing to do with Penny or anything. It was probably cheap open land, kinda centrally located in the States and a lot of over seas orders go through Memphis so why not make it where Nike's hub is. 

What Memphis gets is a few hundred happily employed people at a dist center with who probably get discounts
i've shopped there a few times.....the store gets shoes on RD for half price off retail....with this release being the way it was i didnt even bother to see if they were going to have them but now finding out this info im going to call later today

I definitely want to thank everyone for the info in this thread and it definitely sucks to see people miss out when they truly wanted the shoe. In Pittsburgh there were only 17 pairs for sale in the city. 8 at sneaker villa in east lib and 9 at sneaker villa downtown. Glad to say I was able to get mine from villa east lib. Need to thank my boys Vern, BJ and Kev for the info and for working together to put a plan in motion. Btw I definitely bought them to wear.
Nice work on the pickup.  I thought Social Status also had these as well, but they had one of those buy $100 worth of stuff and get a chance to buy the shoes?  Not sure on the quantity they received, imagine it was in the single digits though.  Either way these look great.

Can someone post pics of the bottoms glowing?  I haven't seen any shots of the gitd bottoms on these.

The thing is we get releases, but it is so randomly distributed and according to corporate they determine if our shipment has to go somewhere else. So for example we got ALL of the Lebron 9s even the Galaxies, and the Elites, but our small small shipment of South Beach Elites were sent to a full price store. So its a hit or miss. But those yearly giveaways are the best reason to be apart of Nike Memphis!

Can someone post pics of the bottoms glowing?  I haven't seen any shots of the gitd bottoms on these.
I can send you some of my SC pair today G. Have to wait for my black pod pair and ill take em both together. But, Just text me today and remind me to brotha

Photo credit to PrimitiveShoes.com

Um guys, do you realize you're arguing over shoes. They're just shoes. At the end of the day, you'll look back and see how ridiculous it was to get upset over shoes.

We're all fam here. No need for all of that drama.
happy.gif

Last edited:
I went up .5 and it feels perfect

weird. I am flat footed. I tried on the Game Royal when I was at a Footaction. The 10.5 fit much better than the 11 on me. Too much toe space when I had the 11 on, and the 10.5 wasn't too tight on the sides of my feet. I hope these fit just like them. Or it'll be the kbvii stealth all over again. Damn shoes and their slight different feet sizing feel!

I'm usually a 9.5 in everything but these and all foamposite I size up .5 and it feels better.

I know this is the 3rd time I used that gif. but that's how I feel about most of these people.

It's not easy just because you got through..... stop with the "with ease" talk. Really.

BTW. Copped this morning off NDC and it was not easy, but relieved.

Just luv that gif everytime I see it.

And yea I feel the same way when dolts come in here bragging about their conquests.

lol im happy with my one pair, didnt even try to go for a second, some ppl try too hard to flip

thing is in an economy like this and with nike's business practices/marketing strategies u can't even be mad at someone tryna flip limited shoes that they pay $200 for and can flip for 5x that amount. i don't necessarily agree with it, but i do understand.

some say, "Why not just get a job," like it's really just that easy. well, it's not. so that said, some folks depend on flipping shoes to "make ends meet." u can't be mad at those folks considering great economic and financial opportunities aren't available for everyone. i used to be one of them and that would make me a hypocrite to hate on them. ppl need to take their frustrations out on nike bc they are the ones who continue to perpetuate this madness. oh and so do we since we continue to buy regardless.

i understand some of u guys' frustrations, but it is def. misplaced. again, nike can easily change all of this literally overnight. simply making enough supply to meet demand will dead the resellers, but nike doesn't wanna do that to soon. why?? bc with the resell prices continually rising, it gives nike justification to continually, incrementally raise the retail price. so slowly, the resellers WILL get phased out, but by that time what will the retail price be??

again, NIKE is where ur anger should be directed!

/rant

*edit*

foams >>

Last edited:
I like my foams over the rookies.

More so because the foams are dark all around.

Point me in the direction of them socks as long as they aren't from eBay.

I guess saying "I got 3 pairs to resale hmu" isn't intent to sale. Rules must not apply since this isn't a "official release thread" I'll carry on.

Yep called two hours ago. Lady praised me for being able to get these. She said people haven't stopped calling about them. To the question tho, she said there is no way at this time since the orders are processing quick.

the lady did the same thing, I couldn't help but grin when she said that :D

thing is in an economy like this and with nike's business practices/marketing strategies u can't even be mad at someone tryna flip limited shoes that they pay $200 for and can flip for 5x that amount. i don't necessarily agree with it, but i do understand.
some say, "Why not just get a job," like it's really just that easy. well, it's not. so that said, some folks depend on flipping shoes to "make ends meet." u can't be mad at those folks considering great economic and financial opportunities aren't available for everyone. i used to be one of them and that would make me a hypocrite to hate on them. ppl need to take their frustrations out on nike bc they are the ones who continue to perpetuate this madness. oh and so do we since we continue to buy regardless.
i understand some of u guys' frustrations, but it is def. misplaced. again, nike can easily change all of this literally overnight. simply making enough supply to meet demand will dead the resellers, but nike doesn't wanna do that to soon. why?? bc with the resell prices continually rising, it gives nike justification to continually, incrementally raise the retail price. so slowly, the resellers WILL get phased out, but by that time what will the retail price be??
again, NIKE is where ur anger should be directed!
/rant
*edit*
foams >>
Repped. Got laid off and lookin for a job is not easy right now. Never was a reseller but I happen to win the rookies. Pay $215 and make $650 for driving to the mall and back? I have to take that specially for some shoes I'll probably never wear.

i agree with nyposite except i still like the rookies over the foams, its should have been darker all around

Back
Top Bottom